[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Jets don't Suck...

Rovers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't want him back.

Rodgers is a much better game manager than Favre.

I have watched a few Jet games and if you take away the Arizona game he has sucked. Last week in OT he should have been picked on the first drive to lose the game. He has been lucky to not have 3-4 more INT's this year.

Just don't bench him because we want the better draft pick but Pennington would have been a better QB for you guys.

Classic Favre boo him one minute cheer him the next.

I didn't like it when the Jets signed him, I still don't like it. HE lost the game to the Raiders, and HE came very close to gift wrapping THIS game to the worst team in the NFL. KC had what, 2 INT's on the season? Favre threw THREE gimmee pics, and if D Thomas doesn't drop that pass that hit him in the numbers, that would have been an INT TD too. Did I enjoy the AZ game? Sure.... any Jets fan did, but I never ran out and bought a NYJ Favre jersey.

In his prime, he won as many games as he lost with his arm. Now, he loses two games for every one he WINS with his arm. he has been awful.... Thigpen of all people out played him today. Thigpen? :wacko:

When you get Favre you get the whole arsenal of play making and bone headed INT's. NY knew that but also knew that they would be worse off without Favre. Make no mistake, without Favre the J-E-T-S are probably a 6-10 or maybe 7-9 squad. With him they should go 8-8 or better. A win is a win in the NFL and nothing is guaranteed.

While it's normal for Favre to take unnecessary chances and consequentially turn the ball over, this is what happens when he does it in an offense that he hasn't yet had time to fully learn and isn't comfortable in yet.

Agreed. Favre gives them a chance when they are behind.that is the difference between him and Pennington(or any other Jet QB in recent memory.)

When you get Favre you get the whole arsenal of play making and bone headed INT's. NY knew that but also knew that they would be worse off without Favre. Make no mistake, without Favre the J-E-T-S are probably a 6-10 or maybe 7-9 squad. With him they should go 8-8 or better. A win is a win in the NFL and nothing is guaranteed.

Yep. they won so I would not complain. good teams lose to bad teams about every week.

If jets did not have Favre this year and had clemens instead , they would still be winless

while Favre makes too many mistakes , he still can generate offense , make plays and help this offense more than anyone else the Jets had as Qb

Agreed.

I think the Jets are a decent young and upcoming team with or without Favre.with him they get a guy that is fearless back there..and with this young team they need a fearless QB with the confidence of a Favre. he makes the younger guys believe.

I guess you would prefer to have "Pennington Lane" somewhere in NY? Suck? Well he does indeed toss some interceptions; but he sure know how to win.

I surely believe the Jets would be better with Pennington at the helm; rather tha Favre. What drivel... This was a pathetic post.

If jets did not have Favre this year and had clemens instead , they would still be winless

while Favre makes too many mistakes , he still can generate offense , make plays and help this offense more than anyone else the Jets had as Qb

The Jets would be winless?

Saying something as silly as that is really stretches the whole John 3:16 thing.

I think the Jets are a decent young and upcoming team with or without Favre.with him they get a guy that is fearless back there..and with this young team they need a fearless QB with the confidence of a Favre. he makes the younger guys believe.
...except for Clemens, most likely.

The question is where is this young and upcoming team when the offensive centerpiece retires this year or next?

I guess you would prefer to have "Pennington Lane" somewhere in NY? Suck? Well he does indeed toss some interceptions; but he sure know how to win.

I surely believe the Jets would be better with Pennington at the helm; rather tha Favre. What drivel... This was a pathetic post.

What has been pathetic is Favre' apparent inability to see defenders. The guy throws RIGHT at defenders 3, 4, even 5 times per game. What is worse, is that he is underthrowing deep routes. I happen to think his shoulder is a mess. When he asks it to throw those 60 yard passes... they go 55 yards now.

I would say your post was pathetic. If you really want to go back, I wanted Cutler over D'Brickhead Ferguson. Now, I would rather see Clemens or Ratliff fight it out as opposed to Favre, who gives games away... literally. If Derrick Thomas didn't have seven thumbs.... he would have gone for a TD... and that would have been Favre's 4th pic of the day, against a D that had only two INT's for the YEAR.

Favre threw an absolute gimmee pic against the Raiders in the end zone last week. That was why the Jets lost to that pathetic team. A FG there... the game is over. Oh, and Miami REALLY sucks with Pennington now, don't they? Get a clue. You have the right screen name... let's pour some salt on it.