[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lebron to Cleveland

myhousekey

Yeah, not sure if Gund thought he was being funny right after the #1 pick was announced when he said, "We're still not sure who we're gonna take at #1."

Of course later on he held up a Lebron jersey so that made things pretty clear. He'd be crazy to do otherwise.

I've heard the smart money in Det is on Milicic, as they already have a pretty good Carmelo-type player in Rip Hamilton.

Personally, I'm kind of stoked with the Bucks at the 8, where Dwyane Wade would be a decent pick - a successful local product to groom at PG behind Cassell. Great player AND great PR.

when the top 3 came down and detroit landed at 2, i was sure they'd go for anthony. center is probably darko's best position long term, they've already got wallace, and it seemed like 'melo could come right in and give them the scoring punch at forward they lacked this year. i woulda thought he'd be the final piece to the puzzle for them. but now, everything you hear is that it's all but in the bank that they're taking darko. fine by me, carmello anthony will look AWFULLY good in a nuggets jersey.

Agent Aznutchzki:

when the top 3 came down and detroit landed at 2, i was sure they'd go for anthony.  center is probably darko's best position long term, they've already got wallace, and it seemed like 'melo could come right in and give them the scoring punch at forward they lacked this year.  i woulda thought he'd be the final piece to the puzzle for them.  but now, everything you hear is that it's all but in the bank that they're taking darko.  fine by me, carmello anthony will look AWFULLY good in a nuggets jersey.

I really dont think wallace is a real center. No way a real center gets destroyed like he did by kenyon martin. I also think that the turk is a joke, he reminds me a lot of laimbeer without the toughness which is really all laimbeer had aside from a 15 foot jumper.

Aside from that i dont think darko has the mass or will ever have the mass nor strength to play d as a center. At best is see his defensive game being like garnett, the skinny leaper who jumps up and swats a ball away when youre not looking, but never will be able to handle a real low post guy.

As for anthony i think prince is their sf of the future, hes probably not as good as anthony but i would rather have him and darko then he and anthony.

That being said i think they need to find a big guy with their second first rounder or trade the pick for someone big who can play d. though i dont know who that would be.

Darko has been getting a lot of press as being similar to a Nowitzki type player. 7-footer with good range on the shot, good speed up and down the court, good ball handling for his size but not the post defender you would want out of a center. HE is more of a 4, could play 3 in a big lineup kind of like what Dallas does when they go Dirk, Lafrentz and Bradley.. though they hardly do that.

I think Detroit goes Milicik.. I just wish the Warriors could have that dilemma instead of the Pistons.

Speaking of the warriors, how funny would it be if somehow detroit signed foyle. Imagine the starting five of darko, wallace, foyle, hamilton, and billups. True shaq could still score but thats a pretty good crew of shotblockers, even the little guys.

I would hate for the Warriors to lose Foyle. He has no offense really, but his defense and hustle are tremendous. Man I miss my near courtside seats at the Collisseum.

Big concern right now is Arenas. Warriors can't offer him as much as some other teams, and with Denver getting Milicik or Anthony, they are a bit more appealing I'm sure. I just hope he makes a decision soon or at least elts management know of his intentions. I'd hate to waste a pick on a point guard at the 11 spot only to have Arenas re-sign.

Now, if we could get someone to take Fortson, we could have some cap room to play with.

don't think darko's nowitzki, because that's not this kid's game. from what i hear, darko's got more bulk and more inside game than nowitzki. he's got some outside skills, but he's an inside player. and he's 17 now, so he's only going to fill out even more. you could play him at 4 next to wallace, but at 3 no way.

lol at ben wallace "not a real center"

I think Darko is projected as being able to play center, but might be a "soft" sort of center, a la Sabonis or Jack Sikma sort as opposed to a post-playing bruiser.

I wouldn't label Wallace as not being a "real" center, but I doubt a switch to the 2 would damage his numbers much. If Darko fits better as a 2/3 type guy, you can always move Wallace back.