[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is really nuts

isleseeya

of 34 children dropped off at hospital under the Safe Haven law in Nebraska , not one was an infant :wacko:

This is nuts Story

Takes some time to serious f up a person.

I am torn. As bad as the foster system is (and it is, I know from experience as a foster parent), keeping these kids with someone willing to drive across the country to be rid of them is significantly worse.

I believe one person to drop of their kids lived nearby, has eight kids, his wife died a year ago giving child birth, her family hasn't really helped out with the kids.

He dropped off all but the infant.

I dunno, I think it's easy to judge these people, but maybe we shouldn't?

i normally try my best to avoid judging anyone

from what i read in the article its really , really hard not to for some of them though

The thing to keep in mind is this...

If these kids are being dropped what was it like to live their previous life? I don't care how old they are. If the parents want rid of them we as a community need to find ways to take them in and make life a little more livable for them.

If these kids are being dropped what was it like to live their previous life? I don't care how old they are. If the parents want rid of them we as a community need to find ways to take them in and make life a little more livable for them.

Bullschit, just take the age limit off abortion. Right now you can abort them up to a few hours after being born. Just change it from a few hours old, to 18 years old. Problem solved.

If these kids are being dropped what was it like to live their previous life?

OTOH, what was it like to live with THEM? Maybe the Nebraska law saved someone from murdering their lazy, obnoxious teen. Who knows?

I am torn. As bad as the foster system is (and it is, I know from experience as a foster parent), keeping these kids with someone willing to drive across the country to be rid of them is significantly worse.

I don't want to pry, but what was that like? How old were the kids you took care of and for how long? Did you have your own kids at the time?

My wife is a counselor for troubled kids (and troubled husbands), and we've flitted around the topic of this kind of thing from time to time. It kinda scares me though.

I don't want to pry, but what was that like? How old were the kids you took care of and for how long? Did you have your own kids at the time?

My wife is a counselor for troubled kids (and troubled husbands), and we've flitted around the topic of this kind of thing from time to time. It kinda scares me though.

Here is all you need to know... I was raised in a home that took care of foster kids.

Want me daddy? :wacko: