[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Justin Gage

mroban

Call me crazy, but I think I'm starting him at flex this week. The Jets have been easier to throw against than to run, and I like Gage's chances at a good day compared to Chris Johnson. Hopefully, I'm not out "strategerizing" myself on this.

I might call you Square, but I ain't gonna call you crazy.

The Jets' pass D is 28th in the NFL, averaging 239.7 net yards allowed per game & 14 passing TDs allowed.

The Jets run D sports the NFL's 4th-ranked rushing yards allowed per game of only 81.3 yards.

The past 3 weeks, they've averaged 78.3 rushing yards allowed per game.

They have only allowed 7 rushing TDs over 10 contests.

Over the past two games, Captain Cocktail has targeted Gage 15 times.

Then why have him on your team??? You've had him the entire season, never thought of starting him and don't see that changing....

isn't the idea to have players on your team that you think can produce, thus you can start him????

called insurance, homie - he is my #5, and haven't had to play him - which is a good thing bc my guys have been healthy, and productive

Roddy, Bowe, Avery, Breaston and Gage -

Given what he's done over the past two weeks, I was shocked that I was able to nab him off of waivers yesterday with #9 priority. While I realize that expecting 100+ yds and a TD every week is completely unrealistic, I'm struggling at WR/TE right now (Plax, Chambers, Gonzalez, Rasheid Davis) and need all of the upside I can get.

Dude, Im raising a question and not advocating either position. Im doing what we call "starting a discussion".

We are in what is called a "forum" where we have "discussions" about certain topics. If you are in the camp of saying "Gage sucks and his performance was a fluke" thats great. Say so.

I am not stating anything other than statistics. There are facts here. He seems to be Collins go-to guy when healthy and the Titans are throwing more.

Im not sure how you can be so quick to dismiss him.

Having said that, I dont totally disagree with you. But perhaps you could consider not being a total :D

Hey mroban, how did Gage work out for you this week? I see that I was wrong and you were right. Look at these blazing stats: 1 catch, 37 yards.

Your apology is accepted. :wacko:

Edited by tosberg34

Decent question is, should Gage have a good outing this week? Detroit's defense is terrible, but I don't know if they will throw that often. I was thinking Gage might be a decent flex play but its tough to call. BTW, I don't consider Gage a bust because of one bad week (when healthy).

Decent question is, should Gage have a good outing this week? Detroit's defense is terrible, but I don't know if they will throw that often. I was thinking Gage might be a decent flex play but its tough to call. BTW, I don't consider Gage a bust because of one bad week (when healthy).

Understood. All I said was that he was notoriously unreliable and always getting hurt. Mroban tore into me for saying that (well, I did tell him to put the crack pipe down). Last weeks performance only underscored my point. I would consider him a bust, though BECAUSE of the reasons in the previous sentence. You can't trust him and therefore he should only be in your lineup if there are no other options.

Hey mroban, how did Gage work out for you this week? I see that I was wrong and you were right. Look at these blazing stats: 1 catch, 37 yards.

Your apology is accepted. :wacko:

Dude you just dont get it. I was never criticizing your analysis, just your absolutely jerk-ish way of going about it.

And for the record, I didnt expect Gage to do well against my boy Revis. I played Anthony Gonzalez last week instead. Worked out pretty well.

The :D still stands.

Next time you can just offer an opinion without being a jerk. That would work fine too. Then you could gloat with a smile afterward. Like I can about trading Plaxico Burress a few weeks ago (I got slagged for that as well).

Edited by mroban

Dude you just dont get it. I was never criticizing your analysis, just your absolutely jerk-ish way of going about it.

And for the record, I didnt expect Gage to do well against my boy Revis. I played Anthony Gonzalez last week instead. Worked out pretty well.

The :wacko: still stands.

Next time you can just offer an opinion without being a jerk. That would work fine too. Then you could gloat with a smile afterward. Like I can about trading Plaxico Burress a few weeks ago (I got slagged for that as well).

I can see how you would misinterpret what I wrote as being a slight. I was actually being facetious and not trying to be a jerk. I somehow thought that you would see my line, "...put down the crack pipe" as being a joke. My intention was not to offend.

BTW, I see your :D and raise it :D:D. I still don't trust Gage, though.

I can see how you would misinterpret what I wrote as being a slight. I was actually being facetious and not trying to be a jerk. I somehow thought that you would see my line, "...put down the crack pipe" as being a joke. My intention was not to offend.

BTW, I see your :wacko: and raise it :D:D. I still don't trust Gage, though.

Well, Ill be forced to call :D ...okay dude, spat over.

Couldnt really care less at this point (especially since after scoring 2nd highest in my league but running into the guy that just set the league record one week total and getting bounced out of the playoffs as a result). Guy had Cassell, Moss, Hightower, Boldin, Ravens Defense, etc. Just ridiculous.

• 4 weeks later...

BTW, I see your :wacko: and raise it :D:D. I still don't trust Gage, though.

So Gage's stats since I posted this:

13-277-2 TDs

Thats an average of 3-55 and not quite .5 a TD per week. definitely respectable for a #3 WR but hardly a juggernaut. But last 3 weeks in the playoffs he has been good and helped me make some money in my league.