[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas gets hosed by the computer

theeohiostate

I gotta say Mike, what makes Sarge so annoying is that he is like a broken record, spewing the same crap over and over again. I hate to say it, but, you are stooping to his level. You're better than that Mike. :wacko:

LMAO, have you been in this forum long. Think about it Menudo. This is about his obsession with me. Seriously, if I was a Texas fan, he would be laughing Texas didnt get in, and the right team did. I could give a rats ass about OSU, once they lose and are out of the discussion. But this tool follows me around, obsessed with me and my team, starting posts, just begging for me to reply to him. Spewing lies or ignorance you decide when he says there are 3 polls in the BCS, or the computers cant be worth more than the polls, when just last week Texas trailed in both polls, only to be ranked higher than OU because of the computers. The broken record is whatever he makes up next is suppose to be fact. I enjoy so kicking him in the nuts when he is wrong daily. Im sorry the facts are a broken record. But sometimes the facts are important to be repeated, when lies and igornance are spewed from him.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a bit off topic but one of the other things that I think is wrong with the system is how it seems that if you beat say the #1 ranked team back in week 3 but then by the end of the season they are ranked 25 that that would work against you....a football season is a very long grind and injuries happen all the time and many times injuries are a main reason a team may falter....yes there are other reasons but imo, if a team was ranked X when you played them then that is what you should get credit for ...there are just far to many variables to say well Georgia or LSU or whoever was overrated and they werent a quality win...sure they could have been overrated but I am sure there are times that it has to do with injuries etc....just a small thing that doesnt seem quite right

The better fix, is not to have rankings at all until the first BCS in mid October.

And why would you want to give a team credit for beating a team that proved it wasnt worthy of the ranking they had early in the season.

Injuries had nothing to do with GA or LSUs season. LSU on defense simply underachieved, and GA wasn't good to begin with.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

BCS is a joke. Always has been. Always will be.

I keep hearing that division I college football is great and wonderful because every game counts. It seems to me that if this is what makes the BCS so great and wonderful then when the situation arises where two teams that have already played each other are tied then nothing should matter except the results of their previous H2H matchup. When the BCS jumps OU over Texas they devalue the game where Texas defeated OU. The SOS for each of the teams can be debated endlessly, but one thing that can NOT be debated is that when these two teams met this year Texas won.

OU is the more popular darling this year ... they won the popularity contest.

BCS is a joke. Always has been. Always will be.

I keep hearing that division I college football is great and wonderful because every game counts. It seems to me that if this is what makes the BCS so great and wonderful then when the situation arises where two teams that have already played each other are tied then nothing should matter except the results of their previous H2H matchup. When the BCS jumps OU over Texas they devalue the game where Texas defeated OU. The SOS for each of the teams can be debated endlessly, but one thing that can NOT be debated is that when these two teams met this year Texas won.

OU is the more popular darling this year ... they won the popularity contest.

Again...H2H can't count here. Tech beat Texas. Why is it ok to jump Texas over Tech but not OU over Texas?

Again...H2H can't count here. Tech beat Texas. Why is it ok to jump Texas over Tech but not OU over Texas?

Some people just dont get it. H2H is irrelevant in a 3 way tie, when all three teams are 1-1 against each other. Its impossible to rank each team ahead of the team they beat, and behind the team they lost to when all 3 beat each other. At some point one team has to be ranked over someone they lost too. Which is why H2H is irrelevant in a 3 way tie.

If they had a clue, we wouldnt see these type of posts through out this forum.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Some people just dont get it. H2H is irrelevant in a 3 way tie, when all three teams are 1-1 against each other. Its impossible to rank each team ahead of the team they beat, and behind the team they lost to when all 3 beat each other. At some point one team has to be ranked over someone they lost too. Which is why H2H is irrelevant in a 3 way tie.

I still think H2H has to have some sort of relevance or the 3 of them might as well have not played each other. I still contend that in a 3 way tie with all losing H2H to each other like they did this year, you use some other form of tiebreaker to eliminate 1 of the 3, then go with the H2H of the other 2. Why is that such an invalid argument? I just hope that if OU wins Saturday against Mizzou and goes to the NC game they don't get blown out by the SEC champ. If that happens, we will never hear the end of the debate that they were not deserving.

Side note, Kudo's to the Big12 South for having this dilemma in the first place, I just wish the Big10 had 3 teams worth arguing about... :wacko:

I still think H2H has to have some sort of relevance or the 3 of them might as well have not played each other. I still contend that in a 3 way tie with all losing H2H to each other like they did this year, you use some other form of tiebreaker to eliminate 1 of the 3, then go with the H2H of the other 2. Why is that such an invalid argument? I just hope that if OU wins Saturday against Mizzou and goes to the NC game they don't get blown out by the SEC champ. If that happens, we will never hear the end of the debate that they were not deserving.

Side note, Kudo's to the Big12 South for having this dilemma in the first place, I just wish the Big10 had 3 teams worth arguing about... :wacko:

That's a valid argument and obviously what the SEC does. But you're still using the BCS to determine the 3rd team and then H2H to determine the other. Not sure I like that. But that's just my opinion.

The idea behind the Big 12's reasoning was to put the best team in a position to play for a championship. IMO, OU is the better team now. I know Texas beat them 2 months ago. We can argue that until the cows come home. But I think OU has proven that right now they are the best team in the Big 12.

As far as getting blown out by an SEC team, only time will tell. Both Florida and Alabama look very good. But I question the strength of the SEC this year. Maybe they're just beating up on bad teams. I'll have a better feel for it after Saturday's game.

Regardless, I think OU has a better shot at beating Florida or Alabama than Tech or Texas does. While OU's defense has been suspect, their offense is absolutely sick. And scoring more points that your opponent is all that matters.

a bit off topic but one of the other things that I think is wrong with the system is how it seems that if you beat say the #1 ranked team back in week 3 but then by the end of the season they are ranked 25 that that would work against you....a football season is a very long grind and injuries happen all the time and many times injuries are a main reason a team may falter....yes there are other reasons but imo, if a team was ranked X when you played them then that is what you should get credit for ...there are just far to many variables to say well Georgia or LSU or whoever was overrated and they werent a quality win...sure they could have been overrated but I am sure there are times that it has to do with injuries etc....just a small thing that doesnt seem quite right

I'd be happy to join you off topic. Using a system through which teams get their rankings based on opinions and votes, it is simply not acceptable to give credit for a win over a highly ranked team because they were ranked high when they beat them. Much of this voting is done without so much as an occasionally viewed game and in the case of early season games, mere prognostication.

The AP and USA Today preseason top 10s included

Georgia

Missouri

LSU

West Virginia

Clemson

Auburn

There's absolutely no way anyone that beat any of these six should get credit for beating a top 10 team.

I agree with Sarge that the rankings shouldn't come out until the first BCS poll. After a handfull of games we would have a better idea about who should be ranked where. As it is I'm pretty sure that next years preseason poll will include these nine teams with the tenth being a toss up; in no certain order Florida, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, Penn State, USC. I can't speak for other teams but I know that there will be a shake up with OUs offense. I think we lose four out of five offensive lineman, Juaquin Iglesias, Manuel Johnson and maybe Sam Bradford. Our young defense should be in ok shape. So who's to say where Oklahoma should be ranked until they play a few games.

As a side note as I was doing some reading I found this piece of nugget

The Oklahoman recently reported that it’s been 59 years since a Sooners quarterback besides Troy Aikman, who completed his career at UCLA, threw a pass in the NFL. Jack Jacobs threw 16 passes for the 1949 Green Bay Packers. :wacko:

I'd be happy to join you off topic. Using a system through which teams get their rankings based on opinions and votes, it is simply not acceptable to give credit for a win over a highly ranked team because they were ranked high when they beat them. Much of this voting is done without so much as an occasionally viewed game and in the case of early season games, mere prognostication.

The AP and USA Today preseason top 10s included

Georgia

Missouri

LSU

West Virginia

Clemson

Auburn

There's absolutely no way anyone that beat any of these six should get credit for beating a top 10 team.

+1

There are about 1000 things wrong with how D-1A decides the champ, but not giving teams "enough credit" for beating teams that were ranked highly at the beginning of the season is not one of them. I understand keg's intention but I would bet that the number of times that teams were in fact deserving of a high ranking early on but just lost key players to injury are far out-weighed by the number of times that teams were simply overrated to begin with.

The better fix, is not to have rankings at all until the first BCS in mid October.

And why would you want to give a team credit for beating a team that proved it wasnt worthy of the ranking they had early in the season.

Injuries had nothing to do with GA or LSUs season. LSU on defense simply underachieved, and GA wasn't good to begin with.

I just used GA and LSU because they were mentioned several times...the point was that a team could have been that strong early in the year and if they are hampered by injuries or suspensions or even regressive play then imo its not fair to hold that against a team that beat them when they were ranked high and deserving of that high ranking...take a young team and lets pretend its OU...say they are beating the crap out of everyone thru 6 weeks and Team X comes in and beats them...there were some bad breaks bad officiating etc...but OU is a young team and their pscyhe is effected and their play falls of dramatically and they lose a couple of games along the way and dont win some as convincingly as they were early on...to discredit Team X's win because at the end of the season OU looked overrated wouldnt be fair, again IMO...sure there are teams that are just going to be severely overrated and underperform but there are also other factors that can change how a team is playing that imo shouldnt be held against a team if they beat that team when they were playing well...I do agree with you that there shouldnt be any rankings early in the season...but I wont say it should be the first BCS rankings because that would mean I support the BCS and I cant do that

I just used GA and LSU because they were mentioned several times...the point was that a team could have been that strong early in the year and if they are hampered by injuries or suspensions or even regressive play then imo its not fair to hold that against a team that beat them when they were ranked high and deserving of that high ranking...take a young team and lets pretend its OU...say they are beating the crap out of everyone thru 6 weeks and Team X comes in and beats them...there were some bad breaks bad officiating etc...but OU is a young team and their pscyhe is effected and their play falls of dramatically and they lose a couple of games along the way and dont win some as convincingly as they were early on...to discredit Team X's win because at the end of the season OU looked overrated wouldnt be fair, again IMO...sure there are teams that are just going to be severely overrated and underperform but there are also other factors that can change how a team is playing that imo shouldnt be held against a team if they beat that team when they were playing well...I do agree with you that there shouldnt be any rankings early in the season...but I wont say it should be the first BCS rankings because that would mean I support the BCS and I cant do that

LMAO, if a teams loses because of their pscyhe, they didnt deserve to be where they were to begin with. The proved to be over rated as the year went on, so you didnt really beat a good team. Think about it, Alabama beat GA when GA was #2 in the country. Should Bama get credit for beating a top 2 team in the beginning of the year, when GA has lost repeatedly since then and isnt ranked in the top 15, when a team like OU beat a team that was #2 at the end of the year, Texas tech and that team is now #7. Should those wins be worth the same? I think not, and if you think they should, WOW.

For the record, assuming the guy's not lying... which I seriously doubt he is, Mack Brown told Dan Patrick (on his radio show this morning) that he ranked the top four: Alabama, Texas, Florida, Oklahoma.

If that is true, kudos to him. But it doesnt change the fact he went on the air during the OU vs Okie St game and pimped his team to the voters and Bob Stoops had the same opportunity to do that on Thanksgiving and said, thanks but no thanks.

If that is true, kudos to him. But it doesnt change the fact he went on the air during the OU vs Okie St game and pimped his team to the voters and Bob Stoops had the same opportunity to do that on Thanksgiving and said, thanks but no thanks.

Stoops knew what he needed to do was win on Sat and he was in....thus he "chose" not to go on air. Trust that if he was a bit further back and needed more than a win against Okie St. he might have made a different choice to go live during that game. He plays this off like he did not want to go on air......whatever, he knew right where he was and what needed to happen.

I am not bent that OU got the nod, they are a great team (about 10 points behind Tex :wacko: ) and deserving of representing the B12S.

As far as the H2H goes to see who wins the South, I think if OU played TX 5 times it is 3/2, if OU plays Tech it is 4/1 and if TX played Tech its 4/1 or 3/2 in TX favor. Highest BSC gives the conf the best shot at the NC game and more dinero.

Let's not forget how Oklahomo's Coach Stoop-id voted in the last Coaches Poll last season. :D

My guess is he caught alot of slack over that last year, thus he refrained from voting this season. :wacko:

1 Oklahama

2 Ohio State

3 Missouri

4 Kansas

5 Virginia Tech

6 LSU

7 USC

8 Georgia

9 Arizona St

10 Hawaii

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=234466

Edited by Rockerbraves

Stay classy, OU.

:wacko:

E2A: And who was the dumbazz Oklahomo-an that decided to save a few bucks by using "U" vs. "you". :D Retards.

You are such a F'n tool, and a hypocrit to boot. Seriously, it was ok for Texas to fly a plane over the stadium of the OU/Okie St game, but its somehow wrong for OU fans to rub it back in Texas face. Must be nice to jump on teams bangwagon as you go through life. Seriously, didnt you become a Texas fan all the way back in 2005, the year they won the National Championship. Surely that is your excuse for posting this, ignorance.

edit to add, Techies are taking credit for it in this same article. And you still call out OU. Typical Bass Boy.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Let's not forget how Oklahomo's Coach Stoop-id voted in the last Coaches Poll last season. :D

My guess is he caught alot of slack over that last year, thus he refrained from voting this season. :wacko:

1 Oklahama

2 Ohio State

3 Missouri

4 Kansas

5 Virginia Tech

6 LSU

7 USC

8 Georgia

9 Arizona St

10 Hawaii

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=234466

Hmm, Didnt OU destroy the #1 team in the country Misouri in Kansas City in the Big 12 Champ game. Whats wrong with that.

Not sure who is who...but this says it all...........................

BCS DECLARES GERMANY WINNER OF WORLD WAR II - US Ranked 4th

After determining the Big-12 championship game participants the BCS

computers were put to work on other major contests and today the BCS

declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

"Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with

the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing on into

conference play with defeats of Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark,

Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only losses came against the US and

Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an

incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--our computers deemed them worthy

of the #1 ranking."

Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS

commissioner stated "The US only had two major victories--Japan and

Germany. The computer models, unlike humans, aren't influenced by

head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a single,

equally-weighted event."

German Chancellor Adolph Hitler said "Yes, we lost to the US; but we

defeated #2 ranked France in only 6 weeks." Herr Hitler has been

criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn 'style points' to

enhance Germany's rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with Poland

was in doubt until the final day and the conditions in Norway were

incredibly challenging and demanded the application of additional

forces."

The French ranking has also come under scrutiny. The BCS commented "

France had a single loss against Germany and following a preseason #1

ranking they only fell to #2."

Japan was ranked #3 with victories including Manchuria, Borneo and the

You are such a F'n tool, and a hypocrit to boot. Seriously, it was ok for Texas to fly a plane over the stadium of the OU/Okie St game, but its somehow wrong for OU fans to rub it back in Texas face. Must be nice to jump on teams bangwagon as you go through life. Seriously, didnt you become a Texas fan all the way back in 2005, the year they won the National Championship. Surely that is your excuse for posting this, ignorance.

edit to add, Techies are taking credit for it in this same article. And you still call out OU. Typical Bass Boy.

First of all, genius, what is "Bass Boy"? Everyone now knows why we call you The Penguin. :wacko:

Second of all, it's spelled "hypocrite" and you're the biggest one any of us have ever seen. So you're not allowed to call anyone that. Especially if you misspell the word.

Third of all, the banner the UT fellas decided to fly (which was a dumb idea) was not derogatory in any shape or fashion. Unlike this display the OU folks threw up.

Fourth of all, please learn how to use commas. It's like reading the work of a third grader. Seriously, are you this stupid? I've said it before, but since your memory is about as short as your pecker, I'll tell you again: I've been a UT fan since the early 90's.

Fifth and finally, Sarge... you have a lot of anger. I grow more and more sorry for you.

First of all, genius, what is "Bass Boy"? Everyone now knows why we call you The Penguin. :D

Second of all, it's spelled "hypocrite" and you're the biggest one any of us have ever seen. So you're not allowed to call anyone that. Especially if you misspell the word.

Third of all, the banner the UT fellas decided to fly (which was a dumb idea) was not derogatory in any shape or fashion. Unlike this display the OU folks threw up.

Fourth of all, please learn how to use commas. It's like reading the work of a third grader. Seriously, are you this stupid? I've said it before, but since your memory is about as short as your pecker, I'll tell you again: I've been a UT fan since the early 90's.

Fifth and finally, Sarge... you have a lot of anger. I grow more and more sorry for you.

1. Have you actually looked at the picture of you on the blog. That shirt and Hat are simply hilarious. Seriously, is that you Darin. Id think for sure that was a blackmail picture, not something you gave up to the site at your own free will. :wacko:

2, Yawn

3. If you could read, you would have read a Techie was responsible, not OU. you Idiot. But why let the facts get in the way of the BS you decide to make up.

4. Liar

5. You have no idea.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?act=...arin3&st=50

Darin, the link above are all the posts you have provided to this college forum. Look at 2005, you showed no excitement what so ever Texas winning the National Championship. Opps... 1990's Huh. LIAR.

Look dude, you tried to jump on the Mavericks bandwagon when they were on their way to the title game as well. Dont think the search function wont find this as well.

Darin - Just so we all know, exactly what all teams do you support these days?

Edited by Sgt Ryan