[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who Represents The AFC In The Super Bowl ?

Menudo

Who Represents The AFC In The Super Bowl ?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who Represents The AFC In The Super Bowl ?

• Tennessee Titans (11-1)
    • Pittsburgh Steelers (9-3)
    • Indianapolis Colts (8-4)
    • Baltimore Ravens (8-4)
    • New York Jets (8-4)
    • New England Patriots (7-5)
    • Miami Dolphins (7-5)
    • Denver Broncos (7-5)
    • Buffalo Bills (6-6)

i will say this.. the steelers are a very bad matchup for tennessee. nobody has been able to effectively run on the steelers all year.. in the past 4 years, only the jags and thomas jones of the jets really had the only success and that was against an injury riddled defense. i would expect that they will be able to neutralize the titans running game, and make collins beat them.. which i dont think he can do. aside from not giving up rushing yards, we dont give up big pass plays either.. the tipped ball from ike taylor vs the colts was pretty much the only huge play vs us all year that i can remember. collins wont be able to dink and dunk the whole way down field without a running game, and not make any mistakes.. the steelers also have an all-around better defense then the titans.

really, its going to come down to what ben does in the playoffs. he cant afford to make mistake after mistake and expect us to win. the line has been playing much better lately, so now its pretty much all on him if he plays lousy. those passes to mike vrabel just cannot happen.

Still to early to tell - it will be the team that plays best in December.

PIT-DAL, PIT-BAL, BAL-DAL, PIT-TEN, TEN-IND and even TEN @ HOU make for some fantastic match-ups and hopefully exciting football.

If Tennesse takes it easy and rests players in week 16 & 17, I think that will be a bad thing for them. As it is, they are likely in line for a 1st round bye. The last game against Indy could be for the division.

I'm not counting the Pats out quite yet either, both they and Indy have cakewalks to the playoffs.

You getting fired up for our matchup next week? Could very well be for the division. I must say that I am concerned. :wacko:

i will say this.. the steelers are a very bad matchup for tennessee. nobody has been able to effectively run on the steelers all year.. in the past 4 years, only the jags and thomas jones of the jets really had the only success and that was against an injury riddled defense. i would expect that they will be able to neutralize the titans running game, and make collins beat them.. which i dont think he can do. aside from not giving up rushing yards, we dont give up big pass plays either.. the tipped ball from ike taylor vs the colts was pretty much the only huge play vs us all year that i can remember. collins wont be able to dink and dunk the whole way down field without a running game, and not make any mistakes.. the steelers also have an all-around better defense then the titans.

really, its going to come down to what ben does in the playoffs. he cant afford to make mistake after mistake and expect us to win. the line has been playing much better lately, so now its pretty much all on him if he plays lousy. those passes to mike vrabel just cannot happen.

Very well said. I agree 100% on all points.

Still to early to tell - it will be the team that plays best in December.

PIT-DAL, PIT-BAL, BAL-DAL, PIT-TEN, TEN-IND and even TEN @ HOU make for some fantastic match-ups and hopefully exciting football.

If Tennesse takes it easy and rests players in week 16 & 17, I think that will be a bad thing for them. As it is, they are likely in line for a 1st round bye. The last game against Indy could be for the division.

I'm not counting the Pats out quite yet either, both they and Indy have cakewalks to the playoffs.

Justin,

Boy, times have changed. 3 or 4 years ago, if the Steelers and Ravens were in a divisional push, I'd be battling you, Big Red, & others tooth and nail. I guess we're all getting too old. :wacko: Seriously, congrats on the bounce-back season by the Ravens.

Subway Super Bowl.

Subway does not hold the same meaning for football as is does for baseball.

For baseball, the 2 staduims are accessable by the same subway system, but for football, they play in the same staduim and the SuperBowl is held at another neutral site.

For baseball, the 2 staduims are accessable by the same subway system, but for football, they play in the same staduim and the SuperBowl is held at another neutral site.

With all due respect John, sometimes you get a bit carried away with this stuff. I suppose plenty of us do, but...

Don't New Yorkers take over Tampa in January though? Doesn't Steinbrenner live there and every other car have New York plates?