[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who Represents The AFC In The Super Bowl ?

Menudo

Who Represents The AFC In The Super Bowl ?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who Represents The AFC In The Super Bowl ?

• Tennessee Titans (11-1)
    • Pittsburgh Steelers (9-3)
    • Indianapolis Colts (8-4)
    • Baltimore Ravens (8-4)
    • New York Jets (8-4)
    • New England Patriots (7-5)
    • Miami Dolphins (7-5)
    • Denver Broncos (7-5)
    • Buffalo Bills (6-6)

Given the Steelers have had to overcome some injuries and faced the toughest schedule, I'm giving my vote to them. I just don't think the Titans will make it. Second vote would go to Indy (although their lack of a running game is concerning).

Oh and I may be biased by the 14-1 odds betting slip I have at home that I placed on the Steelers in August. :wacko:

My prediction:

Wildcard Round

# 6 Ravens over # 3 Jets

# 5 Colts over # 4 Broncos

Divisional Round

# 1 Titans over # 6 Ravens

# 2 Steelers over # 5 Colts

Championship Round

# 2 Steelers over # 1 Titans

That's right, the old Menudo is back. The Steelers defense has made me a believer and I'm now, for the first time this year, picking the Steelers to go to the Super Bowl.

Steelers vs. Cowboys

The Battle to become the first team to win a 6th Lombardi trophy

A 4th Super Bowl Match-up between the two teams

:wacko:

Favre's going back to the Super Bowl. :wacko: We want that 1st round pick.

What do I really think? I like the Steelers and perhaps the Colts to get hot and make another run. I think whoever gets hot at the right time will do it.

Can the steelers win in Tennessee?

Yes they can.

If by some stroke of luck there is good weather in Pitt when the colts come in all bets are off. I could Peyton doing well in an underdog/low expectation role.

Ego needed a little stroking today, eh Menudo? :wacko:

I did indeed vote for the Steelers...for no other reason than, if indeed they win it all, there will be some pride in saying that my Eagles punched the Steelers in the mouth, and walked away having beaten the Steelers at their own smash-mouthed brand of football.

:D

I'm at a loss here. Still undecided. Steelers still have a brutal schedule remaining and could possibly lose their next 3, opening the door for the Ravens to win the division. Damn, I hate myself for even thinking that. I am curious as to how they fare against the Titans and we'll find out in week 16, although the Titans could be resting players in that game. Steelers at Baltimore in week 15 really scares me as these 2 teams hate each other and the Steelers had no business winning the earlier matchup in Pittsburgh. Baltimore will be fired up and pissed. Still nt sold on the Steelers O-line, but their D is making me very happy so far this year. I voted for the Titans. Sorry, Menudo.

I'd like to go with the Steelers as well. However, I watched something disturbing and uncharacteristic by them twice now this year. They completely folded in the 4th Quarter vs both the Giants and Indy. I mean, taken on face value, 9-3 with your only losses coming to a Phily team that was not the same crappy team that we saw leading up to T-day, G-men, and Indy is not so bad. I just didn't like the way they let the Indy and Giants game get away.

That sort of thing doesn't bode well for the play-offs.

All in all, I'm happy to say what a hard choice it is, because that means we could be in for a very entertaining post season.

None the less, I'm voting Indy relishing the underdog role once again.

I'm at a loss here. Still undecided. Steelers still have a brutal schedule remaining and could possibly lose their next 3, opening the door for the Ravens to win the division. Damn, I hate myself for even thinking that. I am curious as to how they fare against the Titans and we'll find out in week 16, although the Titans could be resting players in that game. Steelers at Baltimore in week 15 really scares me as these 2 teams hate each other and the Steelers had no business winning the earlier matchup in Pittsburgh. Baltimore will be fired up and pissed. Still nt sold on the Steelers O-line, but their D is making me very happy so far this year. I voted for the Titans. Sorry, Menudo.

I think you have it right. This year is one where anyone can truly get there. And if the Giants lose Pierce there may not be a favorite to win it.

Brady going out and Indy suffering opened the door for a lot of teams.

Like the Jsts :wacko::D

Colts. If they can avoid the Steelers in the playoffs.

I think they (Manning) can beat any other defense.

You do realize that they beat this defense as well?

Seriously, is nobody else concerned about the puckered sphincter job PItt pulled down the stretch in the Giants and Colts games?

A TEN/PIT championship would be great fun for we throwbacks to watch.

I think that this will be the AFC Championship Game, and I agree that it'll be a great one. The Steelers are a more well-rounded team, but they lack TEN's consistency. My gut says the Titans win.

I wanted to give my vote to the Colts, but after watching that pathetic effort against the Browns, I've changed my mind.

I knew that they wouldn't win the AFC two months ago. They can't run the ball, they can't stop the run, and they'll most likely be playing outdoors throughout January. They'll be lucky to avoid going one-and-out (again :wacko:).

Edited by Bill Swerski

You do realize that they beat this defense as well?

Seriously, is nobody else concerned about the puckered sphincter job PItt pulled down the stretch in the Giants and Colts games?

sure, i remember....but as you know, playoffs are a whole new season and imo the Steelers are playing even better D

and beating teams up as the season rolls on and playoffs approach.

the Pitt offense has not impressed me all year

Still to early to tell - it will be the team that plays best in December.

PIT-DAL, PIT-BAL, BAL-DAL, PIT-TEN, TEN-IND and even TEN @ HOU make for some fantastic match-ups and hopefully exciting football.

If Tennesse takes it easy and rests players in week 16 & 17, I think that will be a bad thing for them. As it is, they are likely in line for a 1st round bye. The last game against Indy could be for the division.

I'm not counting the Pats out quite yet either, both they and Indy have cakewalks to the playoffs.

Edited by justin