[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling home A/V enthusiasts....

Jimmy Neutron

Can I run coax right along-side speaker wire without them interfering with one another? I've got to run a long stretch of coax through floor joyces and don't want to punch through all of them if I don't have to as I've already run speaker wire through a lot of them.

TIA

Can I run coax right along-side speaker wire without them interfering with one another? I've got to run a long stretch of coax through floor joyces and don't want to punch through all of them if I don't have to as I've already run speaker wire through a lot of them.

TIA

Dude, you have multiple Joyces buried under your floor? You have bigger problems than coax.

I THINK the shielding on the coax will prevent cross-talk to the speaker wires. I have some running together and have never noticed degradation (but I am no audiophile). :wacko:

Dude, you have multiple Joyces buried under your floor? You have bigger problems than coax.

:wacko:Finishing the basement and running all wires overhead.

All wiring complete - lights in and working - the drywall guys come tomorrow.

I'll be kicking it with the fam on the big leather sofas/recliners watching the new HDTV in a matter of 2 weeks. Santa comes early. :D

The coax is shielded well enough as to not bleed interference to the speaker wires. The biggest offender is power cables.

The speaker wire is in-wall speaker wire, right? It should be CL2 or CL3 (I think).

The coax is shielded well enough as to not bleed interference to the speaker wires. The biggest offender is power cables.

As long as the speaker wire is in-wall, it should be shielded enough. Something like this should work.

If you are doing the finish work yourself and have not bought your cabling yet, you should check out Monoprice.com don't know if it's been brought up before as i have been away from these boards for a long time, but their price on cables in general and HDMI in particular are unbeatable. And the quality is very good.

Edited by giggity

If you are doing the finish work yourself and have not bought your cabling yet, you should check out Monoprice.com don't know if it's been brought up before as i have been away from these boards for a long time, but their price on cables in general and HDMI in particular are unbeatable. And the quality is very good.

Monoprice is the best.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=2712866

Internal cables are all done. Will hit monoprice for my HDMI cables - thanks.