[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Pierce

i_am_the_swammi

Was listening to Sal Palantonio on ESPN radio this AM, and he feels Pierce is next on legal hit-list for activities related to the Burress inicdent.

Largely, the NYPD has impounded his vehicle in a search for evidence to strengthen their case that Pierce willfully obstructed justice by trying to cover-up the shooting.

Elsewhere, Sal opined that the Giants have come down very hard on Pierce. After Pierce went public on Monday that he "thought it was no big deal, and he didn't expect to be punished for his actions', Pierce blew-off an interview with NYPD. Once Goddell made a call to NY Mayor Bloomberg pledging the NFL's cooperation, and another to the Giants brass stressing that Pierce needs to cooperate fully, apparently Pierce was read the riot-act by Giants ownership.

Sal said he felt the chances of Pierce getting suspended by the NFL, which would happen if he is formally charged, is better than 75%.

While the Giants have continued to thrive without Burress in the mix, it would be very interesting to see how well they could perform on defense if their MLB, and captain, were removed from the mix.

That one would definately hurt going into the playoffs. LB is the Giants thinnest position by far. If Pierce does get suspended Blackburn would slide over im assuming where he did very well in a few games before getting injured a few years ago.

Edited by Robash

Morans. All of them.

No kidding. How can you be so stupid to think that you could either

A. Buy off the medical staff to prevent them from talking

B. Think they are going to think you are Harry Smith or whateverthefudge

C. Think you wouldn't get caught trying to hide the situation.

Now a days people thrive on exposing each other. As soon as that gun went off they should have went to the hospital and confessed and asked for the police. Let alone the fact that they shouldn't have had a gun or been out "clubbing" in the first place. Morans is right!

Edited by Hat Trick

No kidding. How can you be so stupid to think that you could either

A. Buy off the medical staff to prevent them from talking

B. Think they are going to think you are Harry Smith or whateverthefudge

C. Think you wouldn't get caught trying to hide the situation.

Now a days people thrive on exposing each other. As soon as that gun went off they should have went to the hospital and confessed and asked for the police. Let alone the fact that they shouldn't have had a gun or been out "clubbing" in the first place. Morans is right!

Yeah. Often the cover up is worse than the crime. He probably spent his life having people bail him out but these were real world people.

He went in to the hospital thinking no one would recognize him. That says it all.

Maybe he should have said he forgot the gun was in his pants. "The last time I wore them was in Florida. I just put em on without noticing" :wacko:

I heard on the radio New York - 660AM The Fan

That the Doctor in the hospital who failed to report the gunshot wound to the police has been fired.

Again, I do not know this is a fact, but I heard it at about 6:10 AM.

I heard on 1050AM that the doctor was suspended

Sportscenter is reporting him as being suspended for failure to report a gunshot wound in a timely fashion.

I know this is a felony, and I understand the seriousness of the offense, but isn't the coverage just alittle glorified at the moment?

What's the big deal if Pierce is trying to cover up an idiot putting a bullet through himself?

I don't know, let's see:

1. He transported an illegal weapon across state lines?

2. He tried to cover-up a Class C felony?

3. He has been uncooperative with police thus far?

You or I would already be behind bars with no bail...Pierce hasn't even spoken to police, 5 days after the said incident.

because this has become so high-profile, I doubt the NY DA will allow for the appearance of any preferential treatment. I look for them to make examples out of both Burress and Pierce....and the NFL to do the same.

I don't know, let's see:

1. He transported an illegal weapon across state lines?

2. He tried to cover-up a Class C felony?

3. He has been uncooperative with police thus far?

You or I would already be behind bars with no bail...Pierce hasn't even spoken to police, 5 days after the said incident.

swam, swam, swam...

:shakinghead:

I see that your sarcasm alert isn't working. Did you miss the part where I referenced Lewis getting away with blatantly lying about one of his boys shivving someone to death in a street brawl?