[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff Teams

i_am_the_swammi

During the pre-season, there is much dialogue overf what is the best slot in which to draft...1.01? 1.03? 1.12?

Thought it might be interesting to get a feel for where the playoff teams (or just the top teams) in your league drafed this past year. maybe DMD can use the info in some way/shape/form in analyzing what draft spots hold more/less value.

I'll go out on a limb and suggest it made no difference at all....this year, with so many impact players (like Forte, Slaton, C. Johnson, etc.) taken outside the 1st round, i would guess many owners of the early 1st-round bust picks (Brady/LT/Sjax) were likely able to overcome their dilema by being fortunate enough to have other players who outperformed their draft spot. Players like Mewelde Moore, Sammy Morris, Warrick Dunn, LenDale White, Antonio Bryant, DeSean Jackson, etc. have more than adequately filled in for underperforming #1s, and were likely drafted late or went undrafted.

We'll see where this shakes out.

I'll start:

16-teamer:

1.03 & 1.08 earned byes; 1.06, 1.11, 1.14, 1.15 made the playoffs as wild-cards;

10-teamer:

1.05 & 1.09 earned byes; 1.01, 1.04, 1.06, 1.10 made playoffs

12 Team

1, 6 and 11. 3 and 8 still have to play this week to see which team gets in.

I'm the team that drafted 11. I have been a bit fortunate because I haven't scored a ton of points in this league but I drafted all of Slaton, Bryant and Desean Jackson in the 14th, 17th and 15th rounds.

Edited by BS Miscreant

12 Team

1, 6 and 11. 3 and 8 still have to play this week to see which team gets in.

I'm the team that drafted 11. I have been a bit fortunate because I haven't scored a ton of points in this league but I drafted all of Slaton, Bryant and Desean Jackson in the 14th, 17th and 15th rounds.

What's interesting is the top 4 teams are playing each other this week. You and Big Mike are and I am playing Half Hennessey.

Where we picked

1-Big Mike picked LT

6-I picked Portis

8-HH took Moss

11-You picked TO

3-DO Jaded picked Westbrook and can get in if I beat HH and he wins.

I am not going to do all my leagues and playoff teams. too much work.

I drafted 6th in my main money league and have the #2 seed. Only because I'm in a different division than 3 other teams with better records.

Both of my leagues have the draft order of the worst record to the best from the previous year. Both leagues have been around for 10 years. Notoriously the playoffs had mostly the lower drafting teams. The teams that won, and drafted later, were notoriously the better teams at drafting in the middle to late rounds and better at the waiver wire. In ten years 1 team has won that drafted first. This year it simply does not make any sense. The playoffs have 1,2,3 & 8.

Brees was picked 1.03? :wacko:

Yep, that was me. This league has a unique scoring system: 1pt/yd., 25pts./TD. For every position. Standings base on points.

I went ahead and drafted Brees in the 1st, Owens in the 2nd, and Fitzgerald in the 3rd. I ended up with the most points and 2nd best record.

What's interesting is the top 4 teams are playing each other this week. You and Big Mike are and I am playing Half Hennessey.

Where we picked

1-Big Mike picked LT

6-I picked Portis

8-HH took Moss

11-You picked TO

3-DO Jaded picked Westbrook and can get in if I beat HH and he wins.

True. And if that last bit works out then I will be the only team having drafted in the bottom half of the first that makes the playoffs.

Yep, that was me. This league has a unique scoring system: 1pt/yd., 25pts./TD. For every position. Standings base on points.

I went ahead and drafted Brees in the 1st, Owens in the 2nd, and Fitzgerald in the 3rd. I ended up with the most points and 2nd best record.

Wow. Nice. Are RB's required? If so you did you end up with? Forte? Slaton?

Wow. Nice. Are RB's required? If so you did you end up with? Forte? Slaton?

Yes, RBs are required. We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1PK, 1DF.

I took Johnathon Stewart (4), Ray Rice (6), Tim Hightower (7), Chris Johnson (8), and Jamaal Charles (18). I also picked up Fred Taylor somewhere in there. Unfortunately, Slaton was taken right before I took Hightower, but I've been riding Johnson.

I was able to pickup Lance Moore early, and have been using him as my flex player.

True. And if that last bit works out then I will be the only team having drafted in the bottom half of the first that makes the playoffs.

The other conferences in Ladder-

6-3-2-12

2-11-8-9

ours

10-11-7-8

4-5-8-3