[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

rodney rogers paralyzed in ATV accident

Azazello1313

He was a beast at Wake. Really sad. Those ATV's can;t possibly be so much fun that they're worth the risk.

Sad story and with regards to the ATVs...I had some friends that would always go riding...one weekend they asked

if I wanted to go and I got to use a guys ATV...all I know is it was "ok" at first but in retrospect when it takes a week for your body to

feel good again from being beaten up by bouncing all over the place it made it a very unappealing thing for me...and I was in my early 30's so

its not like my body had completely shut down yet.

again, very sad story :wacko:

yeah awful news-

he is one of the good ones. Still was working a 9-5 after retiring from the NBA and being set for life

Truth

Since he's from Durham, there was a pretty long piece on him in the paper the other day. Based on that article, "one of the good ones" sums it up nicely. He's given back to Durham his whole career. Buying computers for poor kids. Coaching girls b-ball at a local middle school. And his latest job was working heavy machinery for the city of Durham.

His boss said that you'd never know that he was financially set by the way he approached his job. Recently he got promoted to supervisor for the same reasons anyone else would, because he came in early, stayed late, did what it took, etc.

For much of the last 10-12 years I had a man crush on him. I always thought he would go nuts and give me the fantasy bball season I hoped for from him but it never came. I had the same thing with Fred Taylor as well.

Truth

Since he's from Durham, there was a pretty long piece on him in the paper the other day. Based on that article, "one of the good ones" sums it up nicely. He's given back to Durham his whole career. Buying computers for poor kids. Coaching girls b-ball at a local middle school. And his latest job was working heavy machinery for the city of Durham.

His boss said that you'd never know that he was financially set by the way he approached his job. Recently he got promoted to supervisor for the same reasons anyone else would, because he came in early, stayed late, did what it took, etc.

Thanks for the local insight. He always seemed like an approachable guy when he played for the Clips (went to a handful of games in the mid-to-late 90's).