[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas won't make the 2008 playoffs

Grits and Shins

You obviously aren't a lawyer as you just got owned on all points. Do some due diligence for christ sake and you would see you out of your league on the Brees scenario (wasn't throwing when he was signed by NO, sucked when they drafted Rivers). And I never said Romo wouldn't win one as I said he looks like Peyton pre-super bowl win. But you proved you aren't a lawyer with your 2nd grade reading comprehension and lack of debate skills. What's sad is you had to put an emoticon at the end when you GOT OWNED!

Good night and good luck.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously aren't a lawyer as you just got owned on all points. Do some due diligence for christ sake and you would see you out of your league

:wacko:

on the Brees scenario (wasn't throwing when he was signed by NO, sucked when they drafted Rivers).

You have no idea what Brees did or didn't do for the Saints when he worked out for them, so your claim that he "didn't pass his physical" is completely baseless. He was put through a six-hour physical in Miami, and I imagine that the Saints worked him out as well. Whether or not he actually threw a ball when he met with the Saints is irrelevant. He convinced them that his shoulder didn't sustain permanent damage (which could've happened via strength tests, MRIs, X-rays, etc. administered by the Saints medical staff), and that he was worth a guaranteed $10 million. That sounds like a "pass" to me.

And I never said Romo wouldn't win one

You said that he can't win past November. Liar, liar, pants on fire.

But you proved you aren't a lawyer with your 2nd grade reading comprehension and lack of debate skills. What's sad is you had to put an emoticon at the end when you GOT OWNED!

You're a great example of why I don't post here as often as I used to. Do yourself a favor and stop mindlessly regurgitating the idiocy spewed by sports talk radio.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Your unique combination of ignorance, arrogance, and dishonesty isn't deserving of a well-thought-out rebuttal. You emit monkey feces from your keyboard, you get monkey feces in return.

:wacko: Well, you sure said it. You sure haven't posted one well thought out rebuttal yet. I guess now we know why...

Yes, but Billy said that Romo should be WINNING championships with this current Cowboys team. Because, you know, quarterbacks are solely responsible for winning Super Bowls.

Okay, let's lower the bar a bit. If Romo is such a stud that he projects thoughts of Manning & Elway into your head as points of comparison - your comparisons, not mine I might add - how about that he leads his team to even one playoff win?

Okay, let's lower the bar a bit. If Romo is such a stud that he projects thoughts of Manning & Elway into your head as points of comparison

OMG, HE JUST COMPARED ROMO TO MANNING AND ELWAY!! OMG!!!!111!! :wacko:

Dude, I could compare f'n Rick Mirer and Akili Smith to Manning and Elway, and it doesn't mean that I'm putting them on the same level. Is this weak-ass straw man argument all that you have? You need to find a better shtick.

how about that he leads his team to even one playoff win?

Since you brought him up, Peyton went into January of 2004 with 96 regular-season starts under his belt and an 0-3 playoff record.

If you want to present an intelligent argument as to why Romo absolutely will never be a winner, I'm all ears. But if you want to continue this straw man idiocy, you'll have to troll elsewhere.

If you want to present an intelligent argument as to why Romo absolutely will never be a winner, I'm all ears. But if you want to continue this straw man idiocy, you'll have to troll elsewhere.

If your idea of presenting an intelligent argument means agreeing lockstep with you, and idiocy and retardedness means being opposed to you, I'll stick with being a retarded idiot, thanks. I put forth my argument, which you rejected out of hand as being retarded with no meaningful rebuttal. Apparently that someone had the audacity to not agree with you pissed you off because you immediately went into character assassination mode - I can assume because you either couldn't understand it or your Mom didn't translate the thought behind the argument when she read it to you.

Edited by Bronco Billy

And SD dumped Brees after he passed for 3159/3576 yrds and 24/27 TDs in his last two seasons in SD. They knew exactly what they had and dumped him anyway.

Yeah, any claim that the Chargers "gave up on" Brees is total bull. They made a business decision when they cut ties with Brees. They felt Rivers was ready, and they couldn't afford to keep them both.

If your idea of presenting an intelligent argument means agreeing lockstep with you, and idiocy and retardedness means being opposed to you, I'll stick with being a retarded idiot, thanks. I put forth my argument, which you rejected out of hand as being retarded with no meaningful rebuttal. Apparently that someone had the audacity to not agree with you pissed you off because you immediately went into character assassination mode - I can assume because you either couldn't understand it or your Mom didn't translate the thought behind the argument when she read it to you.

Ah, so I see that you have no intelligent argument to back up your assertion that Romo will never be a winner, and that your posts in this thread severed the sole purposes of baiting and insulting. Thanks for clearing that up.

Have Mom read this to you again.

Ah, so I see that you have no intelligent argument to back up your assertion that Romo will never be a winner, and that your posts in this thread severed the sole purposes of baiting and insulting. Thanks for clearing that up.

I'll disagree with this.

Romo may have tremendous physical ability, but there's a lot more to being a stud NFL QB than being capable of throwing the ball all over the yard, or otherwise Jeff George would be a Hall of Famer. Romo makes poor decisions, his leadership skills are almot non-existent, and when the money is on the line he comes up way short. I'd say there is a perception that Romo is a top QB precisely because he is allowed to throw the ball all over the place, and that he is surrounded by some phemoninal talent on offense that makes him look a lot better than he is.

Let's understand, this guy isn't a rookie. He has 6 years in the league now - 3 of those where even his incredible physical gifts couldn't even get him a single regular season pass attempt. He should be right at the point where he is on top of his game and he is leading a team like DAL to championships. Instead, they haven't won a first round game in the playoffs in over a decade and may likely be on the outside looking in this year.

If you go away from a wide open O and force him into a conservative ball control O, I'd argue that you'd be going away from his strengths and playing right into his weaknesses.

I find it ironic that you, of all people, would admonish someone for using their posts in these forums to bait or insult someone.

Romo may have tremendous physical ability, but there's a lot more to being a stud NFL QB than being capable of throwing the ball all over the yard, or otherwise Jeff George would be a Hall of Famer.

Weak sauce. Next...

Romo makes poor decisions his leadership skills are almot non-existent and when the money is on the line he comes up way short. I'd say there is a perception that Romo is a top QB precisely because he is allowed to throw the ball all over the place, and that he is surrounded by some phemoninal talent on offense that makes him look a lot better than he is.

1. Makes poor decisions. OK, I'll buy that, although better coaching can certainly help in this area.

2. Where's your proof that Romo lack leadership skills? Talk about character assassination.

3. Comes up short in pressure situations. True, but he's far from the first to be given that label, and wouldn't be the first to overcome it down the road.

4. Surrounded by phenomenal talent and looks better than he really is. This is probably your best argument, and I agree to an extent. Then again, the 36 TDs he threw last year is pretty impressive, regardless of who he was playing with.

Let's understand, this guy isn't a rookie. He has 6 years in the league now - 3 of those where even his incredible physical gifts couldn't even get him a single regular season pass attempt. He should be right at the point where he is on top of his game

You get into trouble here again. Hasselbeck wasn't a Pro Bowl-caliber QB until he was in his 6th year in the league. Brees and Eli weren't reliable QBs until they each had four full seasons under center. Gannon was a career journeyman until he teamed up with Gruden. A QB not developing at the rate that YOU expect them to does not doom them to a career of mediocrity.

and he is leading a team like DAL to championships. Instead, they haven't won a first round game in the playoffs in over a decade and may likely be on the outside looking in this year.

QBs don't win championships, teams do. And the Cowboys have a myriad of other problems right now.

If you go away from a wide open O and force him into a conservative ball control O, I'd argue that you'd be going away from his strengths and playing right into his weaknesses.

Again with the silly straw man arguments. I never said that the Cowboys should revert to a three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust offense. Romo is well-suited to play in a disciplined WCO that utilizes his mobility. But he'll need a hard-ass coach to instill the "discipline" aspect.

I agree that Romo is overrated - partly because he plays for "America's Team" :wacko:, and partly because T.O. and Witten inflate his numbers somewhat. I also agree that he makes too many mistakes, and I'll even go out on a limb and say that he appears unfocused at times. But I believe that those flaws are correctable with the right coaching staff.

Talent-wise, I see a lot of Rich Gannon in Romo. I don't see any evidence of Romo being HOF material, but if he gets his head screwed on straight and is further developed by a more competent coaching staff, I can see him eventually putting up the MVP-caliber numbers that Gannon did in Oakland and taking his team to a Super Bowl. He's no lock to get there, but he clearly has the talent to do so. Therefore, I completely disagree with your assessment that he's doomed to a career of mediocrity.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Hasselbeck wasn't a decent QB until his 3rd year in Seattle, which was his 6th overall year in the league in the same offense. Both GB and SEA used Holmgren's offense at that time, so he didn't even have to deal with a learning curve in Seattle. One can only learn so much from sitting in meetings and running the scout team. There's no substitute for live game experience.

There are exceptions, but it's not unusual for a QB to take three full years as a starter to mature and play at a high level. Again, look at the way that Eli turned it on last December, after almost four years of mediocre and erratic play.

Ok, BB says that Romo should be leading the Cowboys to Championships and you come back with the argument that despte having been in the league for 6 years that Romo is only in his 3rd year as a starter and then later give an exact duplicate scenario as an argument for your point? I now find your arguments confusing AND ironic.

BTW, I have been a great ROMO fan all along and I do actually agree that there is more wrong in Dallas than just Romo although he does have a way to go in his development but dang Bill, sometimes I think your desire to argue prohibits you from seeing other peoples logic. To the point that your examples sometimes contradict themselves.

In all honesty you are both kind of right. Dallas has the talent on their roster right now to win a championship and Romo does need to limit his mistakes in big games but I myself can not help but think that the biggest thing Dallas needs is to replace Phillips as head coach.

QBs don't win championships, teams do. And the Cowboys have a myriad of other problems right now.

Excuse me, but have or have not the Cowboys been the preseason favorite in the NFC for the past 3 seasons running? In other words, many people seem to believe that there is enough talent in DAL given the competition in the NFC that they should be capable of at least winning one freakin' playoff game over that span. I happen to agree with this train of thought. There is absolutely enough talent in DAL that they ought to have had more success in money games than their '06 & '07 results would indicate, and it would appear that they are will be lacking for a playoff appearance this year.

As far as your "weak sauce" response, I can find all sorts of examples of players who had exceptional talent and couldn't play QB at a successful level in the NFL because they didn't control the intangibles of the position. 6 years is enough time for a player to master most of those intangibles. You point to an exception - Gannon - as some kind of proof that Romo will succeed. Fine, you just keep on waiting, big guy.

Find me some examples of where Romo has stepped up and provided leadership when things went sour for DAL. How about the latest TO petulance - McNabb took TO to task when he divided the Eagles locker room. I haven't seen one iota of Romo attempting to pull the team together. Instead, I just see DAL amassing more Ls.

OMG, HE JUST COMPARED ROMO TO MANNING AND ELWAY!! OMG!!!!111!! :wacko: ....

He did not compare Romo to Elway & Manning

And ummm, Bill. I have just read through this entire thread and I am missing th epost where BB said that ROMO willl "Absolutely never be a winner". I was wondering if you could show me that post?

Where's your proof that Romo lack leadership skills? Talk about character assassination.

As for Leadrship ability, I would say his untimely vacation to Mexico last year was a good example of his lack of leadership skills. AS the QB of a playoff team what kind of example for preparation did their "Field General" set by flying off to Mexico with his girl friend?

Excuse me, but have or have not the Cowboys been the preseason favorite in the NFC for the past 3 seasons running? In other words, many people seem to believe that there is enough talent in DAL given the competition in the NFC that they should be capable of at least winning one freakin' playoff game over that span. I happen to agree with this train of thought. There is absolutely enough talent in DAL that they ought to have had more success in money games than their '06 & '07 results would indicate, and it would appear that they are will be lacking for a playoff appearance this year.

Did you watch the cowboys on Saturday night? Did you notice how their run D got absolutely punked in the 4th quarter... and basically lost the game for them? Romo has obviously been less than money in December in January, but let's not pretend that the rest of the team is firing on all cylinders and that Dallas' shortcomings are 100% his fault.

As far as your "weak sauce" response, I can find all sorts of examples of players who had exceptional talent and couldn't play QB at a successful level in the NFL because they didn't control the intangibles of the position.

You chide me for comparing Romo to Manning and Elway, yet it's OK for you to compare him to Jeff George. :D

Again, you're evaluating Romo's career on less than three regular seasons of play. You need a larger sample size.

6 years is enough time for a player to master most of those intangibles.

Not in all cases, and especially when three of them are spent holding a clipboard.

You point to an exception - Gannon - as some kind of proof that Romo will succeed.

Your dishonesty is off the charts.

Find me some examples of where Romo has stepped up and provided leadership when things went sour for DAL.

Yeah, I'd have to go back a whole week to find Romo having a great game against a tough Giants team... one week after playing terribly and losing a big game in Pittsburgh. Yeah, he'll obviously never amount to crap. :wacko:

How about the latest TO petulance - McNabb took TO to task when he divided the Eagles locker room. I haven't seen one iota of Romo attempting to pull the team together.

You're forgetting that McNabb was the one that wanted T.O. in Philly, and basically had to convince Reid and Luria to trade for him. When T.O. began acting like an idiot in Philly, Donovan was compelled to speak out, because it was his freaking mess to clean up. On the other hand, Jerry Jones is the one who wants T.O. in Dallas. How many Cowboys players have publicly crossed Jerry?

EDIT: LOL at DMD for putting a language filter on "cowboys." :D:D

Edited by Bill Swerski

As for Leadrship ability, I would say his untimely vacation to Mexico last year was a good example of his lack of leadership skills. AS the QB of a playoff team what kind of example for preparation did their "Field General" set by flying off to Mexico with his girl friend?

I would call it a lack of focus. And notice that he didn't pull crap like that when Parcells was running the show.

If I were Jerry Jones, I'd fire the entire coaching staff and try to steal Jon Gruden from TB. He'd be a perfect fit.

I would call it a lack of focus.

Of course you would...

Okay, I surrender. This is a perfect example of why you can't get into an argument with a moran. He drags you down to his level and then beats you with experience. There's no point in going forth with this, Bill. You're convinced that Romo is the next great QB and that even his incredible talent couldn't overcome all the DAL shortcomings. I believe he is a large part of the problem and not the solution without some drastic changes in the way he plays the game.

So be it. We'll have to wait for history to see who is correct.

Of course you would...

Okay, I surrender. This is a perfect example of why you can't get into an argument with a moran. He drags you down to his level and then beats you with experience. There's no point in going forth with this, Bill. You're convinced that Romo is the next great QB and that even his incredible talent couldn't overcome all the DAL shortcomings. I believe he is a large part of the problem and not the solution without some drastic changes in the way he plays the game.

So be it. We'll have to wait for history to see who is correct.

Well, if the 2 ridiculous needless Brett Favre throws into double-coverage, whirling into a sack, and continous choking in big spots are not enough evidence that Romo needs to change the way he plays, I don't know what is. As a life-long Cowboy fan and Romo apologist (until the last three games), I am now convinced our December swoons and Romo are linked.

Of course you would...

Okay, I surrender. This is a perfect example of why you can't get into an argument with a moran. He drags you down to his level and then beats you with experience. There's no point in going forth with this, Bill. You're convinced that Romo is the next great QB and that even his incredible talent couldn't overcome all the DAL shortcomings.

Good call on calling this discussion quits, because all you've done in this thread is make dishonest straw man arguments. You're a complete waste of my time.

Well, if the 2 ridiculous needless Brett Favre throws into double-coverage, whirling into a sack, and continous choking in big spots are not enough evidence that Romo needs to change the way he plays, I don't know what is. As a life-long Cowboy fan and Romo apologist (until the last three games), I am now convinced our December swoons and Romo are linked.

Our December swoons have been going on for 12+ years. Romo has only been starting the last 3. While they didnt get better with him, he is not linked to Dallas December swoons.