[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas won't make the 2008 playoffs

Grits and Shins

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill, trying to open a box or oreos would befuddle you.

Since you obviously don't know anything about the development of QBs, perhaps you should return to your infamous RB Predictions. They're slightly less retarded than the analysis you've put on display in this thread.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I would call it a lack of focus. And notice that he didn't pull crap like that when Parcells was running the show.

If I were Jerry Jones, I'd fire the entire coaching staff and try to steal Jon Gruden from TB. He'd be a perfect fit.

Should a leader not know when to focus? Regardless of his coach?

I have already said I don't like Phillips, but Romo does have a lot of work to do, this Dallas TEAM is good enough to win now.

Aikman proved that if your team is good enough that you can win despite your coach (Switzer). This Dallas team is not as good as that one was but it is ghood enough to win now and ONE big component in winning now is going to be ROMO stepping up in a playoff game.

And maybe he will do that this year, who knows. If Dallas makes the playoffs that is.

I would call it a lack of focus. And notice that he didn't pull crap like that when Parcells was running the show.

If I were Jerry Jones, I'd fire the entire coaching staff and try to steal Jon Gruden from TB. He'd be a perfect fit.

This is where you lack the maturity to admit that someone other than yourself may actually have a legitimate point.

You ask for an example of Romo's lack of leadership and I provided an excellent example for you and you write it off to a "lack of focus" as if that is not a indicator that Romo lacks leadership skills.

Lack of focus HAS to be a fatal flaw in a leader. He is the one who is responsible for making sure those around him stay focused. If a leader loses focus his team has lost.

This starts with the Owner, and goes down through the Head Coach and onto the field to the QB. And while one can not dismiss Phillips role in this teams lack of focus, one also can not excuse Romo's lack of focus by laying it all on Phillips.

But despite this excellent example you just blow it off rather than admit that maybe Romo does lack leadership skills.

Should a leader not know when to focus? Regardless of his coach?

You make a good point here. If I were Romo, I probably would've stayed in Dallas and watched game film. That said, it was during a bye week and they were only there for a few days (and, IIRC, didn't violate any team rules).

I agree that Romo needs to get away from the celebrity life and focus more on his game. That's a maturity thing. But it doesn't help at all when the coaching staff has no control over the team and the locker room is a complete grease fire. JJ needs to hire a strict disciplinarian FA like Cowher, or try to pry somebody like Gruden away from another team.

this Dallas TEAM is good enough to win now.

In terms of talent, you're absolutely correct. But in terms of focus and discipline, they all have the same problem that Romo does. Some (like T.O. and PacTard) have even more issues.

This is where you lack the maturity to admit that someone other than yourself may actually have a legitimate point.

I don't consider spending two days in Mexico on a bye week - all within team rules - an example of a gross lack of leadership. But if you're looking for me to give you your due, see above.

You make a good point here. If I were Romo, I probably would've stayed in Dallas and watched game film. That said, it was during a bye week and they were only there for a few days (and, IIRC, didn't violate any team rules).

I agree that Romo needs to get away from the celebrity life and focus more on his game. That's a maturity thing. But it doesn't help at all when the coaching staff has no control over the team and the locker room is a complete grease fire. JJ needs to hire a strict disciplinarian FA like Cowher, or try to pry somebody like Gruden away from another team.

In terms of talent, you're absolutely correct. But in terms of focus and discipline, they all have the same problem that Romo does. Some (like T.O. and PacTard) have even more issues.

Jones does need to hire a stricter HC, but Romo knew what was at stake, as does the entire Team right now. If they allow themselves to lose focus just because the coaching staff let's it happen, shame on them.

I wonder if the only reason P.Manning doesn't fly away on a bye week vacation is because Dungy told him he couldn't?

I don't consider spending two days in Mexico on a bye week - all within team rules - an example of a gross lack of leadership. But if you're looking for me to give you your due, see above.

This explains nearly everything else you have posted in this thread. Romo knows with the gf he has that he can't fart in church without it making the news so yes, going to Mexico on vacation during a bye week is a GROSS lack of leadership skills.

He needed to set the table for the rest of his teammates and he failed to do so.

I wonder if the only reason P.Manning doesn't fly away on a bye week vacation is because Dungy told him he couldn't?

Peyton has a QB simulation machine installed in his house. He's a complete study freak and not really representative of the rest of the league. If you want to use him as the measuring stick of dedication, most of the other QBs in the league would appear to be lacking in comparison.

The Cowboys have a culture problem. They need a new sheriff to come in, kick some ass, and restore order. They also need to release some of the players that contribute to this culture.

Edited by Bill Swerski

This explains nearly everything else you have posted in this thread. Romo knows with the gf he has that he can't fart in church without it making the news so yes, going to Mexico on vacation during a bye week is a GROSS lack of leadership skills.

If you say so. But I don't see a pattern of a lack of leadership that would cause me to question his character. Instead, I see a young player with a hottie celebrity girlfriend who took advantage of his HC's lackadaisical management style on one occasion.

The Cowboys have a culture problem. They need a new sheriff to come in, kick some ass, and restore order. They also need to release some of the players that contribute to this culture.

:wacko:

You spend 3 pages swinging from Romo's sack, and now you want DAL to release him? :D

Maybe they can get someone who understands responsibility and expectations of players, and can evaluate talent effectively. Someone who has proven numerous times that they can turn around teams that have swirled into the toilet of the NFL. Someone like....Bill Parcels.

:wacko:

You spend 3 pages swinging from Romo's sack, and now you want DAL to release him? :D

StrawMan Billy's at it again! :D

Maybe they can get someone who understands responsibility and expectations of players, and can evaluate talent effectively. Someone who has proven numerous times that they can turn around teams that have swirled into the toilet of the NFL. Someone like....Bill Parcels.

Wasn't Parcells the one who brought Romo into the Cowboys organization and made him the starter? :D

If you say so. But I don't see a pattern of a lack of leadership that would cause me to question his character. Instead, I see a young player with a hottie celebrity girlfriend who took advantage of his HC's lackadaisical management style on one occasion.

This is an excellent example of Romo lacking leadership. Someone with good leadership skills would not "take advantage" of a lacksadaisical coaching staff. He would LEAD, not be led.

But lacking leadership skills now does not mean that he can not learn to be a better leader.

And you call him a young player, he is 28 and a 6 year verteran, in terms of the average length of an nfl players career, he is FAR from being a young player.

And if he is going to become a better leader he can not wait, he needs to start right now, week 17 in Philly, or he is going to have to wait another year to get a shot at getting his first win in the playoffs.

This is an excellent example of Romo lacking leadership. Someone with good leadership skills would not "take advantage" of a lacksadaisical coaching staff. He would LEAD, not be led.

Did it ever occur to you that Wade Phillips may have told his players to get out of town, relax, and forget about football for those few days? They obviously weren't expected to come into work during that time.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Did it ever occur to you that Wade Phillips may have told his players to get out of town, relax, and forget about football for those few days? They obviously weren't expected to come into work during that time.

Can you recap for me?

Or you FOR Romo or AGAINST Romo? Hard to follow in this thread.

maybe he did, I assumed that was the point you were making when you called the coaching staff lacksadaisical. Has it ever occurred to you that a player with better leadership skills than Romo might have decided, on his own, using his own mind, to forego said suggestion and instead prepare for the second rd playoff game that was looming on his horizon?

Actually I am sure it has but you are just making things up on the fly rather than admit that you were wrong.

maybe he did, I assumed that was the point you were making when you called the coaching staff lacksadaisical. Has it ever occurred to you that a player with better leadership skills than Romo might have decided, on his own, using his own mind, to forego said suggestion and instead prepare for the second rd playoff game that was looming on his horizon?

Has it ever occurred to you that it's sometimes worth it to take a few days off of work and come back fresh and relaxed, rather than to plow through work without any rest? Or do you work 7 days a week and never take a vacation? :wacko:

IMO, Romo's biggest mistake was his failure to lay low and avoid the media. Too bad that his teammates, who weren't dating a celebrity, had the luxury of going out and gettin' tipsy at da club without any media scrutiny.

Actually I am sure it has but you are just making things up on the fly rather than admit that you were wrong.

I realize that you have a bone to pick with me about a previous argument, but you're sounding rather foolish characterizing a person based on one extremely minor lapse of judgment. Get back to me when you find a pattern of behavior that shows Romo being severely lacking in leadership skills.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Has it ever occurred to you that it's sometimes worth it to take a few days off of work and come back fresh and relaxed, rather than to plow through work without any rest? Or do you work 7 days a week and never take a vacation? :wacko:

IMO, Romo's biggest mistake was his failure to lay low and avoid the media. Too bad that his teammates, who weren't dating a celebrity, had the luxury of going out and gettin' tipsy at da club without any media scrutiny.

I realize that you have a bone to pick with me about a previous argument, but you're sounding rather foolish characterizing a person based on one extremely minor lapse of judgment. Get back to me when you find a pattern of behavior that shows Romo being severely lacking in leadership skills.

Why? So you can discard them as well?

I only got involved in this discussion because it is agonizing to read your drivel and somebody has to call you on it sometimes. No matter how futile the excersize is.

The first person to become insulting in this thread was you but you criticize BB for baiting and insulting people.

You contradict yourself from one post to the next just to avoid admitting that someone elase made a good point.

You ask for examples and when they are provided, thus proving the point involved, you discard them as off-handed because doing anything else would be paramount to you admitting that someone else on these boards might have been correct on a given subject despite the fact that there opinion differed from yours.

The sad truth is that a lot of your insights are correct and you make a lot of good points but as soon as someone disagrees with you, your posts de-generate into insults and mindless ignorance of what are actually good opposing insights, that might otherwise actually help you increase an already wide and varied knowledge of football.

You contradict yourself from one post to the next just to avoid admitting that someone elase made a good point.

In this very thread, I said that you made a good point...

You make a good point here. If I were Romo, I probably would've stayed in Dallas and watched game film.

Are you even reading my posts?

You ask for examples and when they are provided, thus proving the point involved, you discard them as off-handed because doing anything else would be paramount to you admitting that someone else on these boards might have been correct on a given subject despite the fact that there opinion differed from yours.

Again, you're wrong. I actually agreed with BB on several of his points, but completely disagreed with his overall assessment. Go back and read my posts.

The first person to become insulting in this thread was you but you criticize BB for baiting and insulting people.

That's incorrect. I did step out of line, but it was BB that began his usual condescending bullcrap and called me a "sack swinger" prior to that. I also love how you completely disregarded his blatantly dishonest straw man arguments and chose to pile on me instead. Since you have no apparent sense of objectivity, you'll have to excuse me for not caring what you think.

That's incorrect. I did step out of line, but it was BB that began his usual condescending bullcrap and called me a "sack swinger" prior to that. I also love how you completely disregarded his blatantly dishonest straw man arguments and chose to pile on me instead. Since you have no apparent sense of objectivity, you'll have to excuse me for not caring what you think.

Exactly.