[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iraq reporter throws a shoe at bush

whomper

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy stood up and threw a shoe. Anyone with even a semblence of judgment watching would have recognized that a guy was throwing a shoe.

If you want to place a little blame on someone for not diving on the President and shielding the President's body, I can see that. i think that the first priority is to make sure that the president is safe, which is more quickly accomplished by protecting the President's body, rather than trying to stop the assailant.

I think the suggestion that armed agents should have drawn guns is silly. And I don't even know what to think about the position that someone should have taken a shot at the guy in a crowded room.

I don't really see it that way. The SS (:wacko:) IMO, should have perforated that guy before anyone knew it was a shoe. I feel pretty confident in saying that most adult males could throw a rock hard enough to kill if they got someone in the temple or between the eye. On the pres prot detail they have one reason for existence, and that's protecting POTUS. The guy should've been tango-uniform before getting a chance to throw the second shoe.

The guy stood up and threw a shoe. Anyone with even a semblence of judgment watching would have recognized that a guy was throwing a shoe.

If you want to place a little blame on someone for not diving on the President and shielding the President's body, I can see that. i think that the first priority is to make sure that the president is safe, which is more quickly accomplished by protecting the President's body, rather than trying to stop the assailant.

I think the suggestion that armed agents should have drawn guns is silly. And I don't even know what to think about the position that someone should have taken a shot at the guy in a crowded room.

it could have been a shoe bomb :wacko: ???

I don't really see it that way. The SS (:wacko:) IMO, should have perforated that guy before anyone knew it was a shoe. I feel pretty confident in saying that most adult males could throw a rock hard enough to kill if they got someone in the temple or between the eye. On the pres prot detail they have one reason for existence, and that's protecting POTUS. The guy should've been tango-uniform before getting a chance to throw the second shoe.

And if another reporter jumps up to subdue the shoe thrower and catches the bullet, what do you think is going to happen?

Secret Service faces questions after Bush shoe incident

And if another reporter jumps up to subdue the shoe thrower and catches the bullet, what do you think is going to happen?

Secret Service faces questions after Bush shoe incident

Yes, new policy dictates that Secret service must have guns drawn, and pointing at any and all people within 50 feet of the president at all times.

Good lord. If you want to protect the president to that degree, don't send him to public places in Iraq. If it's really a surprise that people over there don't love him, then he actually is the stupidest president ever.

Do you guys who are saying dude should have been shot realize the logistical issues that complicate that?

First off, dude is standing among a bunch of other journalists. I mean, is there nobody standing at the back of the room directly behind him? So, basically the secret service is supposed to fire into a crowd with an instant's warning and not take anyone else out? So, now you've got at least one dead journalist and it is reveled that dude's intention was to throw a freaking shoe at the POTUS.

It would have been borderline silly if one of those guys actually tackled Bush only to find that it was a shoe. Imagine the crap storm had at least one guy been shot over it.

I have to assume that these guys had to go through security to get into the room. This is Iraq and this is Bush, after all. So, at some point, you've got to be certain that the worst thing Bush is going to face is flying pens, note pads, shoes, and wallets. If there's a bomb in the shoe, well then it doesn't much freaking matter if dude throws it now does it. He just blows the room up and Bush, along with everyone else is dead. So, once you've pretty much ruled out anything worse than a pen, note pad or personal accessories...

Hell, either that or have a half dozen guys with uzis pointed at the crowd at all time.

I mean, christ, even Bush didn't make a big deal out of it. I can't believe you guys are.

I miss Saddam, he would know what to do.

The executioner said that he was ordered to seize two 19-year-old students and take them to a farm of Uday Hussein, Saddam’s oldest son who was killed by American forces last week.

As soon as they arrived the students were dragged to a cage containing the lions and forced inside. “I saw the head of the first student literally come off his body with the first bite,” he said. He then had to stand and watch the animals devour the two young men: “By the time they were finished there was little left but for the bones and bits and pieces of unwanted flesh.”

He was told later that the two young men “had competed with Uday where some young ladies were concerned”.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...ticle850587.ece

True the loss of our soldiers and the strain on the economy cant be justified but I actually thought about what H8 said myself. Would this guy have thrown a shoe at Saddam ? Does this guy feel more hatred towards Bush than he would have felt towards Saddam ?