[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A. Rodgers

Front Row

Whatever, I still think the pack would have been be better this yr with Favre instead of Rodgers. The draft picks may payoff in the longrun.

You're right but there was the danger of Rodgers leaving if he wasn't the starter next year. They could have gone one more year.

Whatever, I still think the pack would have been be better this yr with Favre instead of Rodgers.

Excellent. :wacko:

If you had already made up your mind, why ask the question?

Whatever, I still think the pack would have been be better this yr with Favre instead of Rodgers. The draft picks may payoff in the longrun.

Rodgers has outplayed Favre this year. If Favre led this team this year, and had to deal with the injuries and the defense playing like garbage, along with the O lines play and Ryan Grant's spareness we'd be looking at 30+ INT's.

Don't be a d1 ck, nothing posted here really changed my mind. Although PON may have a point with the last post.

How is this any different than struggling teams trading once star players to the Yankees? For this one year they may be good, but we're building for the future

How is this any different than struggling teams trading once star players to the Yankees? For this one year they may be good, but we're building for the future

I agree with this. But also think if the Pack didn't have such a green qb this season, they may have made a another playoff run.

That would be priority #1 for me , the team had basically the same nucleus that went to the conference game last yr.

Team chemistry & all, they were only 1 pick away from the SB last yr.

I will say Brett really forced the teams hand with his un-retiring act.

Water under the bridge now.

Rodgers has outplayed Favre this year. If Favre led this team this year, and had to deal with the injuries and the defense playing like garbage, along with the O lines play and Ryan Grant's spareness we'd be looking at 30+ INT's.

not with the game on the line he hasnt, rogers has been brutal with the game on the line.

Green bay wasn't a struggling team last year

That's true but they are a young team had a lot of things go their way last season. I didn't consider them a super bowl team. I would hope management had a realistic view of the personnel too.

I did expect the playoffs this year though.

For Mozzy84

not with the game on the line he hasnt, rogers has been brutal with the game on the line.

He did go ahead with the game on the line in some games but the defense failed to hold it. In other games he failed, but is a first year starter. Gkive him a year or two.

Edited by Randall

the team had basically the same nucleus that went to the conference game last yr.

I guess, I think that nucleus (good running game and defense) have been the problems this year. If those components were still going strong than the Pack would be in the playoff hunt at least. I'm not sure QB is really where there was a let down.

Have you paid any attention to Favre this season at all? Let's take a look at the Jets' schedule this season and talk about Favre's end of game impact:

Sep 07 NYJ 20 @ MIA 14 - Jets had a 13 point lead until a late TD by the Dolphins led to this score

Sep 14 NE 19 @ NYJ 10 - The Jets lost 13 yards on their final drive of the game before punting and never seeing the ball again.

Sep 22 NYJ 29 @ SD 48 - No end of game impact.

Sep 28 ARI 35 @ NYJ 56 - The 6-TD game... no end of game impact

Oct 12 CIN 14 @ NYJ 26 - Thomas Jones ran in a late TD to put away the mighty Bengals

Oct 19 NYJ 13 @ OAK 16 - Got the game into OT with a nice drive for a FG at the end of regulation but couldn't do anything with 3 OT posessions

Oct 26 KC 24 @ NYJ 28 - Favre led the game winning TD drive after throwing a pick-six in the red zone to give KC a late lead

Nov 02 NYJ 26 @ BUF 17 - Favre throws a pick six in the 4th to get the Bills within 6 points, but the Jets get a late FG to seal it.

Nov 09 STL 3 @ NYJ 47 - No contest

Nov 13 NYJ 34 @ NE 31 - Excellent drive in OT to win.

Nov 23 NYJ 34 @ TEN 13 - No end of game impact.

Nov 30 DEN 34 @ NYJ 17 - Favre failed to convert three fourth down attempts in the second half against a soft Denver D.

Dec 07 NYJ 14 @ SF 24 - The Jets had 23 yards of offense on 4 drives in the 4th quarter, one of which ended in an INT.

Dec 14 BUF 27 @ NYJ 31 - The Jets had 3 drives for 18 yards of offense in the 4th quarter and win on a defensive fumble return for TD.

From what I can see, Favre hasn't done that well (especially lately) with the game on the line in the 4th quarter. In fact, the NE game is about the only one where you could argue that he "won the game" for the team late.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, it's a slow day at work today. :wacko:

Are you kidding? Rodgers has led the Packers to fourth quarter lead changing drives in 4-5 of the five losses. Then the pack d gives up a td, and Rodgers has less than 2 minutes and usually 80+ yards left... Technically Rodgers has already done what he was supposed to do. Is he supposed to be able to do it twice a game? What about when Will Blackmon makes a bonehead move and the offense takes over at the 10 yard line? You guys need to get off of Favre's jock and realize that the defense hasn't stepped up once.

All of the talk about Favre leading this team to another playoff run is way off base.

Last years team had absolutely everything go right. Every bounce, everything. The defense stepped up when it was needed, penalties were not a concern, key injuries were few and far between. Anyone who thinks Rodgers is to blame for the sunken ship that is the Packers 08 season has no idea what they're watching, or they just were not watching in the first place.

And are we really believing that Favre is the guy that turned the Jets around this season? Why doesn't anyone say anything about how the defense stepped up, or that other free agent guard...

I guess, I think that nucleus (good running game and defense) have been the problems this year. If those components were still going strong than the Pack would be in the playoff hunt at least. I'm not sure QB is really where there was a let down.

Offensive line play and Ryan Grant have regressed significantly. As far as the defense goes, when Cullin Jenkins, the most versitile D Lineman, and Nick Barnett, the heart and soul of the defense were injured you could see the defense lose confidence, then just looked lost.

The Packers 08 season will be remembered in my mind by Penalties, injuries, and Aaron Rodgers performing despite the mess around him.

Don't forget to add, PON, that we missed Al Harris for a siginificant amount of time. Pushing Tramon Williams to start in his stead. While Williams was good, there is a drop-off going from Harris to Williams. Also, Bigby has been hurt, forcing Charles Woodson to play some snaps at safety. Nick Collins has been in and out of games due to injuries as well.

Just to rehash what PON has said, bad defense, worse penalties, and virtually no reliable running game has been the problem with this year's Pack. To add to PON's view of Grant, I actually think Brandon Jackson was a more effective runner this year, when taken as a whole. I think Jackson has looked more elusive and explosive than Grant.

Lastly, of the players we traded away in the offseason, I'd rather have Corey Williams back than Favre. At least he could have helped on the line somewhat.

Have you paid any attention to Favre this season at all? Let's take a look at the Jets' schedule this season and talk about Favre's end of game impact:

Sep 07 NYJ 20 @ MIA 14 - Jets had a 13 point lead until a late TD by the Dolphins led to this score

Sep 14 NE 19 @ NYJ 10 - The Jets lost 13 yards on their final drive of the game before punting and never seeing the ball again.

Sep 22 NYJ 29 @ SD 48 - No end of game impact.

Sep 28 ARI 35 @ NYJ 56 - The 6-TD game... no end of game impact

Oct 12 CIN 14 @ NYJ 26 - Thomas Jones ran in a late TD to put away the mighty Bengals

Oct 19 NYJ 13 @ OAK 16 - Got the game into OT with a nice drive for a FG at the end of regulation but couldn't do anything with 3 OT posessions

Oct 26 KC 24 @ NYJ 28 - Favre led the game winning TD drive after throwing a pick-six in the red zone to give KC a late lead

Nov 02 NYJ 26 @ BUF 17 - Favre throws a pick six in the 4th to get the Bills within 6 points, but the Jets get a late FG to seal it.

Nov 09 STL 3 @ NYJ 47 - No contest

Nov 13 NYJ 34 @ NE 31 - Excellent drive in OT to win.

Nov 23 NYJ 34 @ TEN 13 - No end of game impact.

Nov 30 DEN 34 @ NYJ 17 - Favre failed to convert three fourth down attempts in the second half against a soft Denver D.

Dec 07 NYJ 14 @ SF 24 - The Jets had 23 yards of offense on 4 drives in the 4th quarter, one of which ended in an INT.

Dec 14 BUF 27 @ NYJ 31 - The Jets had 3 drives for 18 yards of offense in the 4th quarter and win on a defensive fumble return for TD.

From what I can see, Favre hasn't done that well (especially lately) with the game on the line in the 4th quarter. In fact, the NE game is about the only one where you could argue that he "won the game" for the team late.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, it's a slow day at work today. :wacko:

Helluva post, MT -- glad you weren't busy at work. :D