[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I found my gift for my wife thanks to Az

whomper

I started a thread a few weeks back about a sentimental gift idea for my wife for Christmas. Her mom passed away recently and I wanted to give her something to honor her mom. I was pretty much set on the shadow box idea and still may do that but then I saw Az's response in the cremate or bury thread about the memorial bench they made for his step dad. I thought that was an awesome idea and did a quick google search and found a good site for them.

I know I wont have it in time for Christmas but she will really love this. You can have 2 lines engraved into the bench. Each line is 50 charectors . The first line I have covered which will just be in loving memory of and her name. I am stumped on how to word the 2nd line. I have the concept and I am usually pretty good at this type of thing but everything I am coming up with isnt working.

My mother in law absolutely loved planting flowers and her flower garden. I want the premise to be about heaven having an amazing flower garden now that she is there or something along those lines. Remember it can only be 50 charectors.

Thanks Az. Although you did it indirectly you hooked me up with an idea my wife is going to really love

I started a thread a few weeks back about a sentimental gift idea for my wife for Christmas. Her mom passed away recently and I wanted to give her something to honor her mom. I was pretty much set on the shadow box idea and still may do that but then I saw Az's response in the cremate or bury thread about the memorial bench they made for his step dad. I thought that was an awesome idea and did a quick google search and found a good site for them.

I know I wont have it in time for Christmas but she will really love this. You can have 2 lines engraved into the bench. Each line is 50 charectors . The first line I have covered which will just be in loving memory of and her name. I am stumped on how to word the 2nd line. I have the concept and I am usually pretty good at this type of thing but everything I am coming up with isnt working.

My mother in law absolutely loved planting flowers and her flower garden. I want the premise to be about heaven having an amazing flower garden now that she is there or something along those lines. Remember it can only be 50 charectors.

Thanks Az. Although you did it indirectly you hooked me up with an idea my wife is going to really love

Where flowers bloom so does hope.

- Lady Bird Johnson, Public Roads: Where Flowers Bloom

Flowers are love's truest language.

- Park Benjamin

The Earth Laughs in Flowers

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is at the edge of a petal that love waits.

- William Carlos Williams

The flowers of Heaven have roots in the Earth.

- (I made this one up, take credit, if you like it!)

Where flowers bloom so does hope.

- Lady Bird Johnson, Public Roads: Where Flowers Bloom

Flowers are love's truest language.

- Park Benjamin

The Earth Laughs in Flowers

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is at the edge of a petal that love waits.

- William Carlos Williams

The flowers of Heaven have roots in the Earth.

- (I made this one up, take credit, if you like it!)

These are all great but the one you made up could very well be the winner. Thank you

ya know, it's funny, I remember reading your thread and thought about replying with the bench idea, not even sure why I didn't.

where are you thinking of placing this thing? in her old garden?

I'll do some thinking on the flower line.

in case you're looking for different options, this is the guy we used, and he was a good guy, very easy to work with.

I don't know any Hallmark sayings for you so I thought I'd give you something on the lighter side..it makes me laugh every time I read it.

If you pass by the color purple in a field and

don't notice it, God gets real pissed off.

- Alice Walker

ya know, it's funny, I remember reading your thread and thought about replying with the bench idea, not even sure why I didn't.

where are you thinking of placing this thing? in her old garden?

I'll do some thinking on the flower line.

in case you're looking for different options, this is the guy we used, and he was a good guy, very easy to work with.

I think my wife will want to put it by our house somewhere. Most likely in my yard by our flowers. So she can have access to it if she wants to see if whenever she feels like. Thanks again

Those are good... but here are some tried and true tear jerkers:

"Like sands through the hourglass... so are the days of our lives."

"I feel like chicken tonight... like chicken tonight... like chicken tonight!"

"We're going off the rails on a crazy train."

"Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my Father. Prepare to die."

This is a great idea, Whomp. Does your wife still have access to your MIL's garden? (As in your FIL still lives in their home?) She might love collecting cuttings/divisions/seeds from her mother's garden and recreating parts of it around the bench. When my Aunt passed away and we were all gathered at her house for the last time, I asked my cousin for permission to take a few plants from her garden. It was Fall so I also collected a bunch of seeds. I still have them growing in my own garden to this day......a nice reminder of my Aunt. :D

Az......did you see the "Skippy" stone under 'pet markers'?? :D I expected a Steeler helmet carved into it. :wacko: