[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Avernus

:wacko:

I thought it was excellent.

I thought it was rubbish. My comic book reading spell was right around the time when the Dark Phoenix series was going on. After #2 I was really looking forward to see how they pulled it off. Granted, it would probably have taken a 4 hour movie to do properly, but they totally glossed over the whole thing. Killing off Professor X in such an unceremonious manner also sucked. Add in the TONS of logical inconsistencies (does the golden Gate bridge really line up that evenly with Alcatraz?) and I was super dissapointed.

That said, I cant wait for the new Wolverine movie. Always was my favorite character in teh Marvel world. I had every Wolverine comic from 1-30ish, The Wolverine saga 1-4 graphic novels and, my fav, Wolverine vs Havoc Meltdown series. There is alot of potential in this story. I hope they do it justice.

I thought it was rubbish. My comic book reading spell was right around the time when the Dark Phoenix series was going on. After #2 I was really looking forward to see how they pulled it off. Granted, it would probably have taken a 4 hour movie to do properly, but they totally glossed over the whole thing. Killing off Professor X in such an unceremonious manner also sucked. Add in the TONS of logical inconsistencies (does the golden Gate bridge really line up that evenly with Alcatraz?) and I was super dissapointed.

That said, I cant wait for the new Wolverine movie. Always was my favorite character in teh Marvel world. I had every Wolverine comic from 1-30ish, The Wolverine saga 1-4 graphic novels and, my fav, Wolverine vs Havoc Meltdown series. There is alot of potential in this story. I hope they do it justice.

pf. Where's the yellow costume? I know they are trying to be less camp or whatever but I'm sick of no costumes or those boring all-black, look-the-same things. Cmon being colorful (literally and figuratively) is a HUGE part of this stuff.

PS re the movie I was talking about (spoiler follows for anyone who hasn't seen and cares) how so many of them got whacked. There was a LOT of X-Men action before any of that happened (in fact it hadn't at all when I quit reading comics)......they missed out on a ton of great storylines and character dev't. What's next, the Avengers with Spider Man?

GDB how geeked out I'm getting here. Never mind, whatever :runs away:

Edited by BeeR

pf. Where's the yellow costume? I know they are trying to be less camp or whatever but I'm sick of no costumes or those boring all-black, look-the-same things. Cmon being colorful (literally and figuratively) is a HUGE part of this stuff.

PS re the movie I was talking about (spoiler follows for anyone who hasn't seen and cares) how so many of them got whacked. There was a LOT of X-Men action before any of that happened (in fact it hadn't at all when I quit reading comics)......they missed out on a ton of great storylines and character dev't. What's next, the Avengers with Spider Man?

GDB how geeked out I'm getting here. Never mind, whatever :runs away:

Since the first Batman movie in the 80's there has been this supposition that you need to KILL the villian in order to make the movie. It is a ridiculous premise, that plays to the lowest common denominator, yet we saw it in all the Batman's. Spider-man, Hulk, etc. I had hope with the X-Men, since they didn't just out and out waste Magneto. However the last one blew that crap right out of the water.

I was surprised and pleased to see Leger's Joker survive the "Dark Knight", so maybe there is hope.

What made Phoenix's death so poignant in the comics is killing and death of heroes and villians happened so seldom, even with Wolverine's savage involvement.

Edited by cre8tiff

• 3 months later...

Just watched the leaked version last night.

Man, it was bad. The acting sucked, the story sucked, Gambit sucked, and Deadpool REALLY sucked. Hollywood has perfected the art of ruining comic books.

I read that they had done some re-shoots back in January, so I hope this was an early version. If this is in fact the final copy (minus CGI and music) there will be a lot of pissed off fans when it comes out next month.

Just watched the leaked version last night.

Man, it was bad. The acting sucked, the story sucked, Gambit sucked, and Deadpool REALLY sucked. Hollywood has perfected the art of ruining comic books.

I read that they had done some re-shoots back in January, so I hope this was an early version. If this is in fact the final copy (minus CGI and music) there will be a lot of pissed off fans when it comes out next month.

Me too! It sucked!

• 4 weeks later...

The guy that reviews movies on the radio said it was only pre-screened to select reviewers -- not a good sign -- and those select reviewers mostly thought it sucked. Man, I was kinda looking forward to this one.

On a side note, he did say he had seen Star Trek that comes out next week and it will rock. :wacko:

What's next, the Avengers with Spider Man?

I am pretty sure they are doing teh Avengers with Robert Downey from Iron Man. I dont know about spider-man.

At the end of Iron Man they showed Nick Fury asking him about the Avenger initiative and they showed a Captain America shield on the wall . . .

interesting . . . .

The best part about X-men/ Avengers movies is the almost unlimited amounts of charcters they can insert and mess around with. both villians and heroes.

I am pretty sure they are doing teh Avengers with Robert Downey from Iron Man. I dont know about spider-man.

At the end of Iron Man they showed Nick Fury asking him about the Avenger initiative and they showed a Captain America shield on the wall . . .

interesting . . . .

The best part about X-men/ Avengers movies is the almost unlimited amounts of charcters they can insert and mess around with. both villians and heroes.

I can't wait till the Captain America movie. Next to the Incredible Hulk, my favorite superhero growing up.