[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Global Warming - redux

McBoog

Is it your contention that this is a natural process and that the earth and the life on it is not in danger directly from these weather patterns?

ScienceDaily (June 9, 2008) — The sun has been lying low for the past couple of years, producing no sunspots and giving a break to satellites.

Get over yourself, there are things bigger than 'us' at work here.

If we keep abusing fossil fuels like we have been, most major cities will become trapped under dense smog in the next 20-30 years.

Bold faced lie. Cars have become amazingly clean to operate, sure not perfect, but waaaaaaaaaaay better than the smog clouds we had in the 60's and 70's.

New technologies will continue to shrink the combustion engines footprint as they continue to become more efficient.

Edited by H8tank

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eugenics. Look it up.

I'm sure your grandchildren will appreciate your ignorance.

http://environment.nationalgeographic.com/...g/?source=pincl

If you're not going to believe national geographic, who are you going to believe??? I know it is a very basic model, but I think it is pretty easy to follow, if you are able to view it with an unbiased mind, which is probably going to be the most difficult part in this situation.

I think it is absolutely impossible to do 20 minutes of research and not realize that this is an impending disaster. But I'm sure this is just all an Al Gore make-believe story. :wacko: I wish we could take the people that don't respect this planet and ship them to another one. What a joke.

Edited by Seahawks21

ScienceDaily (June 9, 2008) — The sun has been lying low for the past couple of years, producing no sunspots and giving a break to satellites.

Get over yourself, there are things bigger than 'us' at work here.

Bold faced lie. Cars have become amazingly clean to operate, sure not perfect, but waaaaaaaaaaay better than the smog clouds we had in the 60's and 70's.

New technologies will continue to shrink the combustion engines footprint as they continue to become more efficient.

Then why are there new smog clouds forming everywhere??

Eugenics? Wasn't that the Hitler thing where he tried to prove that Germans were in fact somehow a superior race, or something like that? I can't remember. Anyways, what the heck does it have to do with global warming??

Hydrogen is the future of automobiles. I'm sold on this. We will be filling up with a cannister of water. Water.

Nonsense. Hydrogen is a waste of time. It's takes more hydrogen than gasoline to push a car, so with the size of fuel tanks, you'd end up with slightly more than the range of an electric car on a full tank. It seems silly.

H8 you are the point that you can not be taken even slightly serious

Tell me about Jesus speedo islrish.

Spin this: http://www.dailytech.com/Article.aspx?newsid=13834

Or: http://www.cfact.org/site/view_article.asp...;idarticle=1665

Don't you libs have some carbon offsets to buy from alf bore?

And for atomoranic, who has fallen into a state of offering nothing worthy of reading in months... this is not a conservative worry, we're just sick of this kind of crap:

Barack Obama has only four years to save the world. That is the stark assessment of Nasa scientist and leading climate expert Jim Hansen who last week warned only urgent action by the new president could halt the devastating climate change that now threatens Earth. Crucially, that action will have to be taken within Obama's first administration, he added.

Which one links to Bobby Shred and which one links to Brett Micheals? :wacko:

Every Rose has It's Thorn but I also want to Rock N Roll all Night.

Edited by bushwacked

And for atomoranic, who has fallen into a state of offering nothing worthy of reading in months... this is not a conservative worry, we're just sick of this kind of crap:

(Sniff snort) Huh? What?

Oh, it's H8tank still ignoring 90% of the worlds climate scientists to instead believe some UFO conspiracy site. Good link, H8... good link.

(back to snoring)

:D

McBogg, westvagina and tank vs. everyone else on the planet?

:D

I think... :wacko: ... Chinese Army for control of Iran's oil fields.

CO2 follows temperature rise, it constitutes less than 1/2 of 1 percent of the atmousphere and the "hockey stick" (hokey stick) has been abandonded even by the IIRC as part of their base for claim.

As far as controlling the pollution and poison we spew, it may not change the climate, but it sure will kill a lot of living things. But, after all, this argument is about an egocentric belief that we as humons should continue to live. If our actions are self-extincting...? Few in this argument would say, "Let's all go Jonestown, drink the Kool-ade, and save the planet for everything else!"

I have never said pollution is not bad, I don't believe that CO2 is a driving force in world climate.

Hydrogen is the future of automobiles. I'm sold on this. We will be filling up with a cannister of water. Water.

As you were

Maybe, probably not. Like ethanol, this is another knee jerk reaction to the current situation. A short sighted reaction to a long term problem, i.e. a "band aid" remedy. There is still a significant "carbon footprint" required to build these vehicles and to compress and build the canisters required to contain it. Is it a break even at this point? I don't think so. Just like the electric cars take five to seven years to break even because of the much higher carbon footprint required to build them and the energy cells.

A room full of CO2 would retain heat very poorly. CO2 is NOT a good greenhouse gas, chemically.

Step out of your shower into a steamy bathroom with the doors closed, and even on a cold morning, the room stays comfortable for a long time as long as you don't open the door and lower the water vapor that is holding the heat. Water is a VERY GOOD greenhouse gas.

Now, imagine taking even half of the cars out there and replacing them with H2 burning vehicles where our friend, the benign H2O molecule is the only product. The water produced is not in the liquid form, it is vapor. Now, we actually start pumping hugh quantities of a VERY GOOD greenhouse gas into the atmosphere. This would be bad. Sure, it isn't poisonous, but it would raise the atmospheric potential for retaining heat.

The ecological (water pollution from increased fertilizer demand and runoff) and social effects/hardships (increased food prices worldwide) of the ethanol solution proved to be very shortsighted in its implementation.

A combination of everything, coupled with development of needed technologies is the only real solution.

But if you want to tell me that CO2 is heating up the planet, I ain't buying. If you want me to work toward being in a better balance with our environment and less dependent on foreign energy solutions? :D

Whatever happens, it is now, ultimately, out of our hands as a country. If China and India don't want to play nice, we are all in a lot of trouble as the poison spreads to all of us.

Rest assured, the planet will continue, with or without us and something will be alive to laugh at the eventual failed experiment of the human race.

Here is a very real danger nobody is talking about. DHMO!! :wacko::D

But if you want to tell me that CO2 is heating up the planet, I ain't buying.

Your analogy is simply flat out ridiculous.

The heat is already in the water vapor in your bathroom. Saying CO2 heats up the atmosphere is a strawman arguement - no one is saying that ONLY YOU in an aattempt to ignore physics and sound correct.

What Co2 does is reflect the IR spectrum of light back onto our surface, thereby causing the heating. Where is that in your flat earth analogy?

If you're going to lay something out, you should at least be fundamentally correct.

Be green brah. I am. But for the right reasons.

Jesus loves you ... dont make it harder than it has to be

one

two

three

can provide a dozen more ...but knowing your capacity to understand i figure 3 is enough for now

Your analogy is simply flat out ridiculous.

The heat is already in the water vapor in your bathroom. Saying CO2 heats up the atmosphere is a strawman arguement - no one is saying that ONLY YOU in an aattempt to ignore physics and sound correct.

What Co2 does is reflect the IR spectrum of light back onto our surface, thereby causing the heating. Where is that in your flat earth analogy?

If you're going to lay something out, you should at least be fundamentally correct.

Be green brah. I am. But for the right reasons.

SO should you.

There is NOT enough CO2 to do much of anything. Even at todays"increased" levels. If any, the reflective power it may have is to shield from the energy entering, hence the cooling that follows the increased CO2 rise that follows temperature climb, part of the planets self-regulation. CO2 rising is is a reactive event, not causal.

BTW

How much heat does an explosion cause? Yeah, you're right. :wacko: I'm sure that the water released from an internal combustion engine will be in the form of ice cubes. I forgot about "cool" water vapor. :D

The point is that not only does water vapor retain heat better than most, if not all atmospheric gasses, it is the best at absorbing and containing it as well.

Fundamentally correct? I was. :D

The most humorous thing to me is that I support a lot of what needs/should be done via investment in technology etc. that the left and the greenies want to do (minus carbon credits and government intervention on a legal "you must do this" level), but because I refuse to believe EXACTLY as you do, I am the enemy! :D

My fear of the ultimate result if we don't do something is much more catastrophic than anything you believe may happen due to CO2, but it has nothing to do with the seas rising or the earth turning into a fire ball screaming through space. :D

CO2 follows temperature rise,

This is a simply inaccurate statement evidenced by a simple evaluation of current data. CO2 levels are 30+% higher than anytime over the last 0.5 million years. Global temps are generally in line or slightly above historic highs over the last 0.5 million years.

If your statement was accurate, we currently would be up the creek without a paddle.