[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Upsetting family situation

driveby

SNOWMAGEDDON!

Seriously, I don't own a snowblower and I feel like f*ckin' John Henry out there. And not in a good way.

My wife just came outside while I was shoveling and asked if I was sure that I didn't want a snowblower. No way I'm wasting a couple of hundred dollars on something that I would typically need only a handful of times a year. For just a couple of inches, shoveling isn't bad. On days like today, it's a workout.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make her feel like part of your family because she probably doesn't feel like part of her own family. And that would mean more to her than a trip to smelly, disgusting France.

What he said.

You did nothing wrong but try to include her in your family. Her parents are f'ed up! Think about this and be ready to adjust to a lifetime reality of this if the two kids get hitched.

Merry Christmas!

few thoughts:

1) spur of the moment tickets to France around the holidays run around 2100$ a piece.

2) if you want to make sure that the future daughter in law ends up with a better time than her family remember that you have a huddle buddy in france who can definitely make life for that family an utter hell. Best part is, no one could possibly ever suspect that you know, let alone sympathize with the liberal, efete frenchman who ends up haunting said family. No way they are pinning it on you... :D

Huh, a ghey frog. Go figure. :wacko:

My wife just came outside while I was shoveling and asked if I was sure that I didn't want a snowblower. No way I'm wasting a couple of hundred dollars on something that I would typically need only a handful of times a year. For just a couple of inches, shoveling isn't bad. On days like today, it's a workout.

Normally, I agree. We got over a foot dumped on us overnight + more on the way tonight and Sunday. Yeesh.

• 4 weeks later...
So, driveby, what ever happened with this situation? Did you show her a good time? :wacko:

All in all I think she had a good time.

Got off to a rough start though when her flight into Madison was cancelled due to fog and we had to drive to Milwaukee to pick her up.

She missed the brutally cold weather but got to see some rain and then some fresh snow.

Spent a lot of time playing cards and board games and shopping and eating and visiting relatives. :D

She got a cold a few days into it and blew her nose the whole drive back to Houston :D

However, she said her family did not have a good time in Paris. Weather was too cold to enjoy walking around and her dad snored so bad her mom had to get her own room. :D

They ended up coming back 2 days earlier than they had planned. :D

Well, outside of any karmic retribution for her family, I'm happy to hear that you guys had a good time.

Love my visits to sconny and Madison in particular. Especially since my wife grew up there (West - class of '76) and we both have so many relatives in the area. Too bad there are so many liberal nuts running the asylum. :wacko: