[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question for movie goers

Jackass

One of my college buddies is Jewish. Every Christmas him and his family would all go to the movies. A few times I went with them if I could escape my family functions. It was like being at Temple or something. EVERYONE knew each other and were chatting it up before the movie.

Way more fun than Christmas stuff for sure.

I was gonna go take the family to see 7lbs, but then I realized its $10.75 per person x 4 plus drinks and popcorn. $100 to see 1 movie is ridiculous unless its a major blockbuster on the weekend. We rented Batman the Dark Night and IronMan instead.

I was gonna go take the family to see 7lbs, but then I realized its $10.75 per person x 4 plus drinks and popcorn. $100 to see 1 movie is ridiculous unless its a major blockbuster on the weekend. We rented Batman the Dark Night and IronMan instead.

100 bucks? Your family must eat a lot of friggin popcorn and drink a lot of friggin soda.

I highly, HIGHLY recommend Slumdog Millionaire...

I thought this was good and would give it 3 stars out of 4. It didn't really knock my socks off like it seems to have done for some. I saw the Wrestler yesterday. It's gotten a lot of critical acclaim and Mickey Rourke's performance has been praised as well (nominated for golden globe best actor) and i have to say it is all deserved. Definitely a 4 star flick.

100 bucks? Your family must eat a lot of friggin popcorn and drink a lot of friggin soda.

Just rounding it out. I figure $15 for a popcorn and soda per person ( $7-$8 per pop) plus any candy the kids might want (ok I like raisinettes so I'm guilty there). $100 isn't too far fetched for 4 people.

Just rounding it out. I figure $15 for a popcorn and soda per person ( $7-$8 per pop) plus any candy the kids might want (ok I like raisinettes so I'm guilty there). $100 isn't too far fetched for 4 people.

Wow, i don't think i've ever bought soda at a movie theater in my life. Is it really that expensive? Why not just sneak in some candy and a couple bottles of juice. That'd get your cost down to under 50 bucks.

Wow, i don't think i've ever bought soda at a movie theater in my life. Is it really that expensive? Why not just sneak in some candy and a couple bottles of juice. That'd get your cost down to under 50 bucks.

Yep, this is what we do. The only thing we ever buy is popcorn.

I remember doing that as a kid lol. Guess I havn't thought about it.

Mrs HR and I went to see the Benjamin Button flick yesterday at the matinee. $5 a ticket and we waited in line 20 minutes. But it was worth it. Well made flick with an entertaining cast. The storyline was such that even though the movie lasted almost 3 hours we never noticed. I recommend Button for a movie to be seen with the bride.

Yes. (You know the question).

Mrs HR and I went to see the Benjamin Button flick yesterday at the matinee. $5 a ticket and we waited in line 20 minutes. But it was worth it. Well made flick with an entertaining cast. The storyline was such that even though the movie lasted almost 3 hours we never noticed. I recommend Button for a movie to be seen with the bride.

Yes. (You know the question).

I saw "David Fincher" and I saw "Brad Pitt" and I figured, I liked 'Fight Club', and I liked 'Seven', and 'Zodiac' was one of the best films of last year. How bad could it be?

I don't dispute that it has it's moments, but it's a 3 hour chick flick. Be warned.

I saw "David Fincher" and I saw "Brad Pitt" and I figured, I liked 'Fight Club', and I liked 'Seven', and 'Zodiac' was one of the best films of last year. How bad could it be?

I don't dispute that it has it's moments, but it's a 3 hour chick flick. Be warned.

Hey, a guy gets hit by lightning 7 times and lives to tell about it.

Edited by The Holy Roller

My wife has a purse she uses only for movie-going - it's HUGH. :wacko:

Went to see Bedtime stories today (dec 26th) at 2:30. Movie was sold out. We then went to a different theatre to see Yes Man at 3:30. We enjoyed it. Jim Carrey always comes through IMO.