[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boys Interested in Shanahan

Sgt Ryan

But in 2010.

I say why wait. He can develop Romo, and can really use Felix Jones next year. Id love to see Shanny here over Wade. IN fact Id rather see Dallas go back to a 4-3. Ware and Ratliff would be the ends, Spears and Canty would be DT. Bradie James would be a monster in a traditional 4-3 as MLB, And Id put Roy as the WLB, in a seek and destroy type of role. Hamlin would be the SS, and Anthony Henry would be the FS.

Why wait Jerry, Shanny is an instant upgrade.

The only possible reason for sticking it out with Wade for a year that I can think of is that Jerry plans on throwing everything and the kitchen sink at Holmgren next year. I have been wishing I would see a Shanahan Cowboys thread. Do you have a link Sarge ?

The only possible reason for sticking it out with Wade for a year that I can think of is that Jerry plans on throwing everything and the kitchen sink at Holmgren next year. I have been wishing I would see a Shanahan Cowboys thread. Do you have a link Sarge ?

i honestly think the only reason he will stick with Wade is that he said he would do so before they lost the last two games of the year ...Jones is a control freak and ego maniac , and i think he is worried about going back on his word or looking weak in the face of the media

Wasn't Jason Garrett supposed to take over, based on comments back in 2007?

Yep, but the offense sputtered when Tony Sporano left for Miami. How much of the offensive success in 2007 was Garrett. Sure looked bad once Sporano left.

I think Shanny would demand more respect and keep this team more accountable.

i saw on nbc's pregame (before chargers/colts) that if dungy quits, four guys could be available in 2010 as coach and/or GMs: dungy, cowher, shanahan and holmgren. i wonder if jerry jones is thinking, keep wade around for a year, get one of those guys as GM (assuming jones can put aside his massive ego) and go with garrett as coach (again, assuming he actually has the goods), or one of them as GM/coach. but it's probably just wishful thinking.

I'd be surprised if Wade was gone ... JJ will keep him one more year and then have his choice of the four.

Great ... just what Dallas needs, Wade Phillips the lame duck HC.

And I'm not sure I agree that JJ will have his choice of four ... I'm not sure any of them will be interested in working for JJ.

And I'm not sure I agree that JJ will have his choice of four ... I'm not sure any of them will be interested in working for JJ.

Ain't that the truth :wacko:

i saw on nbc's pregame (before chargers/colts) that if dungy quits, four guys could be available in 2010 as coach and/or GMs: dungy, cowher, shanahan and holmgren. i wonder if jerry jones is thinking, keep wade around for a year, get one of those guys as GM (assuming jones can put aside his massive ego) and go with garrett as coach (again, assuming he actually has the goods), or one of them as GM/coach. but it's probably just wishful thinking.

Dungy - if he quits, he isn't coming back to football, IMO. He has said he wants to set up some kind of pseudo-ministry or help organization.

Cowher - getting more comfortable by the day and has more money than God. I don't know if he'll coach again and I certainly don't see it being in Dallas.

Holmgren - probably available in 2010 but given that he likes lots of control, won't work in the JJ environment.

Shanahan - will likely be working for someone starting 2009 and on a multi-year contract.

I don't see any of these four in Dallas 2010.

Wouldn't you consider Wade Phillips a lame duck HC already since it has been HIGHLY speculated that Garrett was a "Coach-in-waiting" dating back to their aquisition of him, as well as their intense desire to stop him from being a HC someplace else after the 2007 season?

I've been kind of looking at Wade as a lame duck since his first year. Combined with his personality, it is no wonder that it has been a rudderless ship for the better part of 2 years...

Jerry's biggest mistake by far was warring with Jimmy Johnson....we could have a couple more in our cases if Jerry didn't think he, himself, was the next coming and fire The JJ....

Edited by J.D.Morrison

The Cowboys, to my knowledge, have never won a playoff game with any coach that was a recycled NFL head coach from another team. In 48 years.

they haven't won many period under coaches not named landry or johnson. on the other hand, other teams have won plenty of playoff games with "recycled" NFL coaches. off the top of my head, belichick, shanahan, gruden, dungy, holmgren, parcells, schottenheimer, vermeil. of course, those guys are no barry switzer or wade phillips. :wacko:

they haven't won many period under coaches not named landry or johnson. on the other hand, other teams have won plenty of playoff games with "recycled" NFL coaches. off the top of my head, belichick, shanahan, gruden, dungy, holmgren, parcells, schottenheimer, vermeil. of course, those guys are no barry switzer or wade phillips. :wacko:

Barry has a Super Bowl ring. Imagine that.

Wouldn't you consider Wade Phillips a lame duck HC already since it has been HIGHLY speculated that Garrett was a "Coach-in-waiting" dating back to their aquisition of him, as well as their intense desire to stop him from being a HC someplace else after the 2007 season?

I've been kind of looking at Wade as a lame duck since his first year. Combined with his personality, it is no wonder that it has been a rudderless ship for the better part of 2 years...

Jerry's biggest mistake by far was warring with Jimmy Johnson....we could have a couple more in our cases if Jerry didn't think he, himself, was the next coming and fire The JJ....

The prevailing thought last year was that Wade was holding it down for Garrett ... however, Detroit has asked for and been given permission to interview Garrett. I'd think if Garrett was the Dallas HC in waiting that Jerry wouldn't be so forthcoming in allowing other teams to talk to him.

No doubt the release of Jimmy Johnson was the biggest mistake Jerry will ever have made. Had Jimmy stayed the Cowboys would have been the first team to win four super bowls in a row and who knows where they would be now.