[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The NEWEST dumbest answer for aphletes

Mark5

We expect this to be a slugfest that could come down to which team has the ball last. insert Favre jokes here

I know there are only so many ways to answer double the questions the guys are getting since it is the playoffs but it would be refreshing if the players would just start screwing with the media with things like " I HATE everybody on my team and I will do everything in my power to lose this game since I dropped 50k on the other team". insert MORE Favre jokes here

The new cliche that gets on my nerves is, "it is what it is".

it had a lot more meaning and wasn't cliche, when Belichick started saying it.

In fact, it still has meaning around the Patriots. Guess it really is a copycat league :wacko:

funny you posted this thread, cuz lastnight when McNab was being interviewed after the game

I thought to myself that somebody should interview a non-player, regular Joe dude in a stadium

setting, supposedly after a game, in uniform....asking questions about 'his performance', blah blah .....

I wonder how many people would be fooled?

The whole idea stemmed from the premise of, 'they all say the same thing'.....

i used to do this kinda chit when i had more time to f around....

Edited by pig devilz

what gets on my nerves is this absolute over-use of the word "obviously." Listen to your next pro athlete interview, the word will come up time and time again. Obviously.

Oh, sometimes I'll get very literal when I'm listening to someone and if I hear them say "obviously" I'll interject with something like "why is it obvious?". Another one I love is when the always present "you know" comes up,..."no, I don't know, that is why I asked."

Man, I am a hoot when I get on those "listentoyoureverywordandtakethemexactlyforwhattheymean" moods! :wacko:

But, at the end of the day, obviously it is what it is.

I can just imagine a Jerry Porter interview:

we obviously didn't bring our A-game, you know, they obviously were prepared, you know. Obviously, we tried out best, but it is what it is. Obviously we'll have to wait till next yr, then, you know, we'll see, and obviously their offense was pretty solid, you know, and we were just obviously exposed, you know, our weaknesses, you know, on both sides of the ball, obviously.