[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rourke and Rockwell to be the 2 main villains in Iron Man 2

Avernus

Rourke and Rockwell are the Iron Man 2 Villains!

Source:The Hollywood Reporter, Variety

January 7, 2009

Mickey Rourke (The Wrestler) and Sam Rockwell (Frost/Nixon) are in talks to star as the villains in Marvel Studios' Iron Man 2, being directed by Jon Favreau from a script by Justin Theroux, according to Variety and The Hollywood Reporter.

THR says that Rourke would play a tattooed Russian heavy named Ivan who becomes a man with deadly, technologically enhanced coils. Variety adds that Rourke would play the Crimson Dynamo. "He's considered to be an evil version of Iron Man because he battles the superhero in a nuclear-powered suit of armor," says the trade.

Rockwell would play Justin Hammer, a multibillionaire businessman and a rival of industrialist Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man, being played by a returning Robert Downey Jr.

Rourke and Rockwell would be joining a cast that also includes the returning Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle, who is replacing Terrence Howard.

Another part -- one for Stark's assistant Natasha -- is still open.

The project is eyeing a spring start in Manhattan Beach. Paramount will release the movie May 7, 2010.

not bad....and yeah, The Wrestler is a kickass movie...

Iron Man, being played by a returning Robert Downey Jr.

This is the most important part of the IronMan franchise...which was better than the Batman movie last year. :wacko:

I liked both The Dark Knight and Iron Man, but had more fun at Iron Man. I can't say one was better than the other, but I can easily see the argument for someone liking Iron Man better. Batman is getting all the hype because of its box office, but they are both worthy.

I am really looking foward to Iron Man 2.

THR says that Rourke would play a tattooed Russian heavy named Ivan who becomes a man with deadly, technologically enhanced coils.

Umm I liked that villian better when he was in Spiderman and named Doc Oc!

• 11 months later...
I hate Robert downey jr and try to never watch any of his movies. I have no reason as to why I hate him and I really wish I knew why but the sight of him, the sound of his voice, basically everything about him I want to watch burn.

Most everything Robert Downey Jr is in is awesome in my book. I think he's a danged good actor and chooses his roles wisely. He made Iron Man great. Perfect casting IMO.

I hate Robert downey jr and try to never watch any of his movies. I have no reason as to why I hate him and I really wish I knew why but the sight of him, the sound of his voice, basically everything about him I want to watch burn.

Heh, I feel the same way about Jamie Foxx.

I think Downey is among the top actors in Hollywood right now however.

• 2 months later...

Didn't see the first. Was it as smarmy and smug as this one looks :wacko: ie not to get all purist or anything, but since when is Iron Man such a Mr slick comedian? Guess I just wish they would play the characters more as they actually were.

PS why is Downey trying so hard to look like Al Pacino? I kept waiting for a "hua" :D

Didn't see the first. Was it as smarmy and smug as this one looks :wacko: ie not to get all purist or anything, but since when is Iron Man such a Mr slick comedian? Guess I just wish they would play the characters more as they actually were.

PS why is Downey trying so hard to look like Al Pacino? I kept waiting for a "hua" :D

Just their way of demonstrating Stark's charisma and charm imo.