[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

so they like raising taxes, but dont pay them

dmarc117

The procurement process is under scrutiny the likes of which has never been seen. The GAO's finding numerous faults with the Tanker selection process saw to that.

You could have the anyone in there, regardless of who they lobby for, and there would be no monkey business. There is just too much light on it.

I also have to wonder if having zero lobbyists was an actual promise? Would seem very hard, given the way the government is, to find well-qualified and experienced people who haven't served as lobbyists for SOMEONE.

The problem with McCain was his Air Bus lobbyist pals were still being paid to be lobbyists while they worked on his campaign. It would greatly disappoint me to find out this is happening in in the Obama administration.

:wacko:

However, William J. Lynn III, his choice to become the No. 2 official at the Defense Department, recently lobbied for military contractor Raytheon. And William Corr, tapped as deputy secretary at Health and Human Services, lobbied through most of last year as an anti-tobacco advocate. Corr says he will take no part in tobacco matters in the new administration.

"Even the toughest rules require reasonable exceptions," said White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs.

That was a big step back from Obama's unambiguous swipe at lobbyists in November 2007, while campaigning for the Democratic presidential nomination. "I don't take a dime of their money," he said, "and when I am president, they won't find a job in my White House."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So apparently we are to believe one of two things. Either these people that Obama wants to appoint are crooked, or the tax code is too complicated. Personally I think it is both. I find it interesting that they come clean now when the media might look into their tax records, and now when the IRS should have. How about a real quick fix to this, as well as possibly a 0 cost stimulus plan. Why not go to the Fair Tax. Then we won't have to worry about these types of "mistakes". Plus, the Fair Tax would act as a stimulus to markets as capital gains would no longer be taxed. We would only be taxing end use, so inventories could be built up with out a tax consequence which would allow for jobs. Just a thought. Someone punch a hole in it.

So apparently we are to believe one of two things. Either these people that Obama wants to appoint are crooked, or the tax code is too complicated. Personally I think it is both. I find it interesting that they come clean now when the media might look into their tax records, and now when the IRS should have. How about a real quick fix to this, as well as possibly a 0 cost stimulus plan. Why not go to the Fair Tax. Then we won't have to worry about these types of "mistakes". Plus, the Fair Tax would act as a stimulus to markets as capital gains would no longer be taxed. We would only be taxing end use, so inventories could be built up with out a tax consequence which would allow for jobs. Just a thought. Someone punch a hole in it.

But think about all of the tax prepares you would be putting out of business!!!!!

BTW I love the Taxslayer and Turbo tax banner ads flashing while I'm reading this thread... :wacko: