[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oahu advice

Bier Meister

my brother is getting married on oahu in october. we will be staying near the sw side of the island for a few days. i am just starting my research. what are some of your favorite places to stay? i really don't want to be in honolulu or waikiki. looking for some activity, good dining, peace.

It's been 16 years since I was there.I stayed at the Outrigger West,(which wasn't great)but spent most of the time at a friends condo.

Must see-Sea Life Park,The Arizona Memorial.We went to various restaurants,but I don't remember the names.Sylvia lived there and was the guide.Buy a cheap disposable panoramic camera and para-sail...great shots from up there.

Go west young man and stay in Kauaii... :wacko:

while i'd prefer to stay on kauaii or big island, we really don't want to deal with airports and car rentals twice.

I'm down here now, Bier, and we went here for the day. Very nice resort, nice little lagoons for the kids if you are taking your daughter. And it's on the sw side of the island. Might be what you are looking for.

brother is getting married at the ihilani. we will be staying 3 or 4 nights there. debating whether to stay or move.

I don't recall much being on the SW side except beaches.

I know you said you didn't want Honolulu but we enjoyed this place very much. There's a Roy's just outside of the area and on the outskirts of Honolulu is a place called Diamondhead Grill

very eager to go back to roy's, and try sam choy's and alan wong's