[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just a reminder

Jimmy Neutron

How can you vote for something that is almost 1100 pages 12 hours after it has been printed and stand up with a straight face and say you know what is in it. If this is hope and change, I'd prefer doom and gloom. 2 Billion to ACORN, do you think someone is saying thank you for that voter fraud?

How can you vote for something that is almost 1100 pages 12 hours after it has been printed and stand up with a straight face and say you know what is in it. If this is hope and change, I'd prefer doom and gloom. 2 Billion to ACORN, do you think someone is saying thank you for that voter fraud?

That is all a joke and obviously something that hundreds of our reps and senators have no problems doing. What floors me about Schumer is his ability to unabashedly stand there and say that the American people don't care about their shenanigans. I would seriously love to beat him with a lead pipe!

That is all a joke and obviously something that hundreds of our reps and senators have no problems doing. What floors me about Schumer is his ability to unabashedly stand there and say that the American people don't care about their shenanigans. I would seriously love to beat him with a lead pipe!

Hey, what is 200 Billion in pork? Who cares. Any representative that voted for this crap should be voted out of office during the next election. This is just crazy, how anyone can even defend it is beyond me. Forget for a minute whether or not this the beginning of the socialization of America, how the hell can they even know what they are voting on.

Hey, what is 200 Billion in pork? Who cares. Any representative that voted for this crap should be voted out of office during the next election. This is just crazy, how anyone can even defend it is beyond me. Forget for a minute whether or not this the beginning of the socialization of America, how the hell can they even know what they are voting on.

Blaw-blaw-blaw :wacko:

Will all in the Chattering Class please stand up? :wacko:

This is just indefensible, by supporting it you just prove how far left of center you are. You don't care about right and wrong, just the socialization of the country. This is simply indefensible. So much for hope and change. Bipartisanship, No Lobbyist, Tax issues everywhere, and now this.

This is just indefensible, by supporting it you just prove how far left of center you are. You don't care about right and wrong, just the socialization of the country. This is simply indefensible. So much for hope and change. Bipartisanship, No Lobbyist, Tax issues everywhere, and now this.

Of course they can't defend it. They will just make smart ass comments. The libs on this board are no better than the libs in congress.

How can you vote for something that is almost 1100 pages 12 hours after it has been printed and stand up with a straight face and say you know what is in it.

Gee, why haven't the Republicans ever thought to do something like that?

:wacko:

"The pharmaceutical lobbyists wrote the bill," says Jones. "The bill was over 1,000 pages. And it got to the members of the House that morning, and we voted for it at about 3 a.m. in the morning," remembers Jones.

Why did the vote finally take place at 3 a.m.?

"Well, I think a lot of the shenanigans that were going on that night, they didn't want on national television in primetime," according to Burton.

"I've been in politics for 22 years," says Jones, "and it was the ugliest night I have ever seen in 22 years."

Gee, why haven't the Republicans ever thought to do something like that?

:wacko:

"The pharmaceutical lobbyists wrote the bill," says Jones. "The bill was over 1,000 pages. And it got to the members of the House that morning, and we voted for it at about 3 a.m. in the morning," remembers Jones.

Why did the vote finally take place at 3 a.m.?

"Well, I think a lot of the shenanigans that were going on that night, they didn't want on national television in primetime," according to Burton.

"I've been in politics for 22 years," says Jones, "and it was the ugliest night I have ever seen in 22 years."

another monstrosity of a bill. comparing this bill to that one is about the worst defense you could come up with.

besides, obama got elected on the premise he was going to change all that.

End the Practice of Writing Legislation Behind Closed Doors: As president, Barack Obama will restore the American people's trust in their government by making government more open and transparent. Obama will work to reform congressional rules to require all legislative sessions, including committee mark-ups and conference committees, to be conducted in public. By making these practices public, the American people will be able to hold their leaders accountable for wasteful spending and lawmakers won't be able to slip favors for lobbyists into bills at the last minute.

they just passed a bill -- the largest spending bill congress has ever passed -- written behind closed doors with no republicans present, which the lobbyists had before our lawmakers did.

You forgot the newest one...,they keep adding to their buzz words ....it called TRANSPARENCY now.

I now know what is transparent! They're BULLCHIT...

Finalized late Thursday night, rammed through on Friday with no time to review or expose things...it is truly :wacko: to me that they can get away with saying one thing and doing the exact opposite. All so that the POTUS can look more presidential for President's Day. Face it, we now live in a world were image is everything! Look and talk good, and the ignorance of the masses will follow. Hollywood, and most recently the media, has taught us that.

Edited by millerx

What did I support? Schumer? Are you nuts?

You forgot the newest one...,they keep adding to their buzz words ....it called TRANSPARENCY now.

I now know what is transparent! They're BULLCHIT...

Finalized late Thursday night, rammed through on Friday with no time to review or expose things...it is truly :wacko: to me that they can get away with saying one thing and doing the exact opposite. All so that the POTUS can look more presidential for President's Day. Face it, we now live in a world were image is everything! Look and talk good, and the ignorance of the masses will follow. Hollywood, and most recently the media, has taught us that.

You're just getting clued into this now? Image has been more important than substance since the day they first put politicians on television.

here's a nice summary of the stimulus.

it looks to me like this thing is spread out over so many areas that i can't fathom how it will have any true impact. $13/week tax break that then drops to $8, starting in june? a tax credit for people to buy a home or a car even though nobody can afford them right now? reduced taxes on unemployment benefits? hello, they are already out of work! all that talk about infrastructure jobs and only 90B of the 787B goes towards this? tax credits for "green" updates to your home that we can't afford? what about the additional interest we will now incur on the national debt with this new spending? that takes a serious chunk out of the total. and then there are bones thrown to the environment, police, education and the poor.

i can't possibly see how any of this can make any kind of a serious impact on our current situation. it is so complex that it will be hard to manage and hard to ascertain any true impact. tons more spending, more debt, more deficits.

one alternative would have just been to give every US household about $8000 (roughly 8B divided by 100M). We could then decide how to best use it to help us through our current situations. that would definitely get the economy going and provide more help than this myriad of spending.

In the summary of the stimulus, I only read where we will be saving 600,000 teaching jobs and creating 100,000 jobs to fix our national parks. Were are the other 2.7 million jobs they are creating or protecting? I will get the $8000 tax credit, we just bought a house and closed on Jan 8. We were thinking about appliances, so maybe those too once I really sit down and read about that. I am very disappointed in this package. There are some really good causes that will receive need money, but I don't think now is the time to do it. I also don't have an answer as to what to do, so I will not throw anymore stones.

Ok, we were in such dire need of a stimulus that we had to have it passed within twelve hours of it being written, prior to most of congress being able to read it, but Obama waits until today to sign it into law. Does that make any sense? And why not sign it first thing this morning if we were in such a hurry instead of putting it on a plane to go to Denver with him?

Ok, we were in such dire need of a stimulus that we had to have it passed within twelve hours of it being written, prior to most of congress being able to read it, but Obama waits until today to sign it into law. Does that make any sense? And why not sign it first thing this morning if we were in such a hurry instead of putting it on a plane to go to Denver with him?

If I were you, I'd vote Republican and change all this.

I know the republicans are trying to score with this talking point, but waiting until after the weekend to have the signing ceremony isn't a big deal to me. everybody has always known he is going to sign it, I doubt there's much of anything that could have been done over the weekend as far as implementation. however, congress definitely should have deliberated on this a little more. so what if they had a f*cking recess scheduled, is that recess really more important than breaking every promise you made as far transparency in the legislative process, time for deliberation and public review, etc.? of course, one gets the feeling the real reason they rammed it through so quickly is that they knew the longer this piece of crap bill was exposed to the sunlight, the less support it would have, and passage would be in jeopardy.