[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

I don't get why anyone likes anoop at this point in the competition. he's got a weak-ass voice. if it were up to me I'd get rid of him and jasmine this week. jasmine has some talent, but it's raw at this point -- she was having some serious pitch issues last night.

that kris guy is going to be a stronger contender than I thought. I thought he was lame in the last round, but now I am seeing him possibly in the top 5.

alexis is one of my favorite every time she sings. corkscrewy does absolutely nothing for me other than being kind of hawt.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why anyone likes anoop at this point in the competition. he's got a weak-ass voice.

he's bordering on sanjaya territory i think. i keep waiting for him to just admit that he has no idea why he is still in it. there was some dude last season who was just wanting to be voted off because he knew he sucked and hated being there. hearing anoop talk about being a serious artist is just silly. he would have a better shot if he just admitted that he sucks but he's having a great time.

are you an anoop dog groupie?

As I already said, he's from Chapel Hill, NC. I'm from Chapel Hill ...just trying to support the local cat. (and I do think the guy has some talent) Whether or not he belongs in, say, the top 8, is another matter, but all things being equal, I think he's sufficiently talented to make it through this week.

I still think it comes down to Gokey and Lambert....I agree with Azz that Lil Rounds showed she wasnt all that special last nite...and that includes how she handled the stage...still she probably makes the top 5....I thought the Kris started out strong but it did get a bit outta sorts at the end with the guitar...I agree about jasmine...think she has a ton of raw talent but at this point raw isnt going to get it done...I think 2 of these 4 go home tonite (Anoop*, Jasmine, Megan, Jorge)...the twist is that I think the Judges are going to be able to send someone home if they dont agree with the vote...that is why I think Anoop is gone...and with regards to him I never got the love he got from the judges...i kept expecting to hear simon say he sounds like a wedding singer or something...with the sanjaya debacle of a few years ago I was really surprised they kept anoop in the top 13...good voice or not it is easy to see he has zero style and wouldnt make a good "pop" star.

I agree with Azz that Lil Rounds showed she wasnt all that special last nite

:wacko: was not I who said that. I thought she was great as always. although she looked really dumb in the mom pants and the poofy thing on her shoulder. I think she is probably the best pure singer in this whole thing.

couple other comments....the piano bar guy is pretty good, and "human nature" is a great song.

allison is a remarkably good singer for her age. you expect good singers that age to sound like jasmine, promising but rough. allison is just really good and polished right now. I hope she lasts a long time, cause that girl can belt it out.

:wacko: was not I who said that. I thought she was great as always. although she looked really dumb in the mom pants and the poofy thing on her shoulder. I think she is probably the best pure singer in this whole thing.

my bad it was swammi...and you might be right that she is the best pure singer but I also think she thinks she has a bigger "divaesque" voice than she really does...someone who I think that also has something special but imo, doenst realize just how good she can be is the duck dance girl..there is something about her voice but she just doesnt have "IT" at this point...I really thought the judges missed the boat on 3 singers they didnt let in...the Red Head (cant remember her name), the girl from VA Beach that took over for whoever it was that got booted for who she knew or blew or whatever and Ju'Not(sp?)...I would have put those 3 in over Anoop, Jorge & Jasmine(or maybe Megan)

I really thought the judges missed the boat on 3 singers they didnt let in...the Red Head (cant remember her name), the girl from VA Beach that took over for whoever it was that got booted for who she knew or blew or whatever and Ju'Not(sp?)...I would have put those 3 in over Anoop, Jorge & Jasmine(or maybe Megan)

word. anoop and jasmine definitely should not have gotten through, and corkscrewy probably shouldn't have either. I did like jorge in the wildcard, but every other time he has just looked cheesy to me. the three you mention definitely would have been better choices. that braddy guy we only saw twice maybe should have as well -- I can't really see him winning but he is a better singer than a lot of the folks they put through.

corkscrewy

you know the hawt chick with the tattoo was goin' on. ratings man, ratings. plus, i do think she has a certain style as was said. it's just a matter if she can find it and exploit it. the show will want to keep her around as long as possible, believe me. even to the point of the judges overruling the callers to keep more of the beautiful people.

the beautiful people, the beautiful people ...

you know the hawt chick with the tattoo was goin' on. ratings man, ratings. plus, i do think she has a certain style as was said. it's just a matter if she can find it and exploit it. the show will want to keep her around as long as possible, believe me. even to the point of the judges overruling the callers to keep more of the beautiful people.

but if they kick her off now, the chances of her going straight to the playboy spread are definitely higher...

She is hot. Very bodacious ta-tas.

winner--hands down, Adam

runner-up-16 yr old red-headed girl

She is gone tonight, according to "Dial Idol" (although the ones at the bottom are close:

Safe

Danny Gokey = 25.84 (1)

Adam Lambert = 22.87 (2)

Lil Rounds = 18.03 (3)

Alexis Grace = 15.14 (4-10)

Anoop Desai = 15.04 (4-11)

In Danger

Scott MacIntyre = 13.5 (4-12)

Matt Giraud = 12.64 (4-13)

Michael Sarver = 12.64 (4-13)

Megan Joy Corkrey = 12.54 (4-13)

Kris Allen = 12.49 (4-13)

Jasmine Murray = 12.36 (5-13)

Allison Iraheta = 11.49 (6-13)

Jorge Nuñez = 10.44 (7-13)

She is gone tonight, according to "Dial Idol" (although the ones at the bottom are close:

Safe

Danny Gokey = 25.84 (1)

Adam Lambert = 22.87 (2)

Lil Rounds = 18.03 (3)

Alexis Grace = 15.14 (4-10)

Anoop Desai = 15.04 (4-11)

In Danger

Scott MacIntyre = 13.5 (4-12)

Matt Giraud = 12.64 (4-13)

Michael Sarver = 12.64 (4-13)

Megan Joy Corkrey = 12.54 (4-13)

Kris Allen = 12.49 (4-13)

Jasmine Murray = 12.36 (5-13)

Allison Iraheta = 11.49 (6-13)

Jorge Nuñez = 10.44 (7-13)

you have to factor in the +/- ratio...the last group is in danger because each one of them can be in the bottom 2 because of it...trust me i think the twist is the judges can save someone and boot someone else...they will not let Allison be booted...[randy] she can blow [/randy] ...she really is an amazing singer especially when you consider her age(16)...while I liked her performance last nite there was something about it that seemed flat...not sure if it had to do with the music/arrangement or her vocals but something did feel a bit flat...still she isnt going home...1 of these 4, imo, anoop, jasmine, jorge, megan...if i had to give just two I would say that its Anoop and Jasmine...for some reason they like jorge :wacko: ...and I think if they let him stay he could last much longer than he should if PR picks up the phone and starts voting for him

Edited by keggerz

trust me i think the twist is the judges can save someone and boot someone else

If they do this, the show has officially "jumped the shark." I already don't like the new format with 4 judges and the final 13. If they start discounting America's votes there will be some pizzed off 13 year old girls.

If they do this, the show has officially "jumped the shark." I already don't like the new format with 4 judges and the final 13. If they start discounting America's votes there will be some pizzed off 13 year old girls.

I think the voters should have less say though, if the goal is to really find someone who can be a star. There was no way that doofus Sanjaya should have made it anywhere, but for people devoted to skewing the results for the fun of it. These format changes are all ploys to thwart the 'vote for the worst' crowd.

I think the voters should have less say though, if the goal is to really find someone who can be a star. There was no way that doofus Sanjaya should have made it anywhere, but for people devoted to skewing the results for the fun of it. These format changes are all ploys to thwart the 'vote for the worst' crowd.

I agree. I have watched the show for a few years now with the family. We have never voted once. I could care less if the voting public has a say or not. For all I know, it may be already rigged.

I just enjoy the show and the singing. Drunk Paula helps at times too....