[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a vacuum, yeah, but she's competing with Megan Joy, at least for my "affections"... and MJ is just out of this frickin' world hot.

+1

We are in total agreement on that. I wouldn't kick Alexis out of bed though...ok yeah I would. You know the rest.

problem though if they had used the save on her. This was the week deciding on the top ten. That would leave 11 and make two need to go home next week - which one of those two would tour and who would not? They only have 3 girls left too.

Good point. I don't get why they can't just let all 12 (or 13 in this case) finalists tour. It seems kind of silly to not let two of them on the tour. On another topic, I got pissed last night when they had Sarver & Allison stand up, and let on that one of them was in the bottom 3. They say it is Allison, and then after Sarver sits down, thinking he is safe, they tell him to stand up again and then tell him he is in the bottom 3 too. These kids stress out enough over decision night, do they really need to go that extra mile to really screw them over like that. I find it annoying. Lastly, I don't think Alexis is great looking, but, their is something damn sexy about her. I wish she had stayed. The Sarver guy seems like a good guy, but, I think it was his time to go.

heard on the radio that there are rumors going around that the final 4 has been fixed somehow by the show producers. rumor is that adam, lil, danny, and alexis will be the final four. posting this now to see if this really will come true. if so, never trust anyone and move to canada.

blind dude or garth salver whatever should go tonight. neither have any kind of a remote shot to win this thing.

:wacko:

posting this here took down the man. let freedom ring.

Lots of good songs last night. At home I correctly predicted that Adam would switch up his look somehow. Good move on his part as perhaps it allows people listen to him sing rather than be distracted by the "emo" appearance. Turns out his usual hairdo covers up a pudgy face. :wacko:

Easy bottom three this week:

Sarver

McIntyre

Corkery

Even though I thought Megan was by FAR the worst, I think Scott goes home.

Lots of good songs last night. At home I correctly predicted that Adam would switch up his look somehow. Good move on his part as perhaps it allows people listen to him sing rather than be distracted by the "emo" appearance. Turns out his usual hairdo covers up a pudgy face. :wacko:

Easy bottom three this week:

Sarver

McIntyre

Corkery

Even though I thought Megan was by FAR the worst, I think Scott goes home.

I agree with this. I think that Megan was pretty bad but I think that I would have a hard time kicking her off based on what I have seen overall. Can't really say the same for Scott though. I think he is done tonight.

Only one going home tonight? If so I have to agree, Scott is done. And as much as I can't stand Adam, I though he was outstanding last night. It'll be interesting if he keeps the more clean cut look. I think the emo thing is quite a bit below his age and frankly kinda creeps people out.

Edited by rajncajn

DialIdol has Scott, Megan, & Michael in danger, but, they have Michael last.

Adam Lambert

1-3

- -

Allison Iraheta

1-4

- -

Danny Gokey

1-4

- -

Lil Rounds

2-7

- -

Matt Giraud

4-7

- -

Anoop Desai

4-8

(B3)

- -

Kris Allen

4-9

(B3)

- -

Scott MacIntyre

6-10

(B3)

- -

Megan Joy Corkrey

7-10

(B3)

- -

Michael Sarver

8-10

(B3)

-

i'd be happy with either scott or michael going. these 2 need to be cleaned out over the next 2 weeks and then i think the megan thing can be addressed after she has a couple more weeks to explore this jazzy, quirky thing (and we get to see her in a few more outfits).

lil disappointed last night, which was a surprise. it's starting to become clear that some of these guys are just up there trying to sing someone else's song and others are up there being artists, taking other's material and making it their own. adam, allison, kris and matt clearly did that last night. danny and lil and even anoop a bit were on the border. megan, scott and michael did not get it done.

it will be interesting if allison is still in the bottom 3. i thought she was one of the strongest last night.

hadn't been an Adam fan at all...always felt his screechy sound was going to wear thin after 12 weeks of hearing it. But last night...he was top-notch. he definitely has some range, and the sound he presented last night is definitely one that could get him noticed mainstream. By far, the best and most interesting vocal of the night.

As we were watching the show last night, the contenders and the pretenders definitely separated themselves. McIntyre, Sarver, Corkery, Anoop & Rounds are almost guaranteed to be gone over the next 5 weeks. If one of the others falls into that mix, expect the judge's veto to be used.

After that, the clear top-5 (Matt, Adam, Danny, Allison & Kris) should be a battle....and likely when the judges veto will be worthwhile, since it will essentially create a two-week signoff.

Only one going home tonight? If so I have to agree, Scott is done. And as much as I can't stand Adam, I though he was outstanding last night. It'll be interesting if he keeps the more clean cut look. I think the emo thing is quite a bit below his age and frankly kinda creeps people out.

Yeah, my wife can't stand Adam but was impressed last night and liked him much more with this "look". She, however, will do anything possible to keep her favorite, Scott, on the show. We did agree, though, that he's probably gone in the next two weeks. I figure Sarver is gone this week. He is just nowhere near the rest of the competition. And while Megan was off her game last night, she is still "different" and should be kept around.

This is a very talented lot, to say the least. My picks of Matt and Allison look rock-solid. :wacko:

hadn't been an Adam fan at all...always felt his screechy sound was going to wear thin after 12 weeks of hearing it. But last night...he was top-notch. he definitely has some range, and the sound he presented last night is definitely one that could get him noticed mainstream. By far, the best and most interesting vocal of the night.

As we were watching the show last night, the contenders and the pretenders definitely separated themselves. McIntyre, Sarver, Corkery, Anoop & Rounds are almost guaranteed to be gone over the next 5 weeks. If one of the others falls into that mix, expect the judge's veto to be used.

After that, the clear top-5 (Matt, Adam, Danny, Allison & Kris) should be a battle....and likely when the judges veto will be worthwhile, since it will essentially create a two-week signoff.

I think Anoop was pretty good last night. I don't think he will win...I think it will be between Adam and Danny Gokey, but I think he performed well.

I think Anoop was pretty good last night. I don't think he will win...I think it will be between Adam and Danny Gokey, but I think he performed well.

The thing with American Idol now - perpetuated by David Cook last season - is "spinning" the songs to sound totally original. Anoop-Dawg is a heck of a singer, but he has absolutely zero originality. No way he wins. Unfortunately for Gokey, I think he's in the same boat. He has pipes, a good "story", and is likable. But I think his ceiling has limits. Adam has the potential to spin songs (see: last week). I think that Kris also has the potential to spin songs into a John Mayer / Jack Johnson kind of vibe. Ditto with Giruad, since he's used to singing a litany of songs as a dueling piano player. Those will be your top 3 dudes.

E2A: And to bushwacked... see you in Vegas, sweetie. :wacko:

Edited by darin3

The thing with American Idol now - perpetuated by David Cook last season - is "spinning" the songs to sound totally original. Anoop-Dawg is a heck of a singer, but he has absolutely zero originality. No way he wins. Unfortunately for Gokey, I think he's in the same boat. He has pipes, a good "story", and is likable. But I think his ceiling has limits. Adam has the potential to spin songs (see: last week). I think that Kris also has the potential to spin songs into a John Mayer / Jack Johnson kind of vibe. Ditto with Giruad, since he's used to singing a litany of songs as a dueling piano player. Those will be your top 3 dudes.

Yeah...I know the judges talk about that a good bit, but in the end I don't know if the voters care as much about the whole "artistry" thing as the judges do.

In any case, the performers are enjoyable.

that girl allison was awesome last night. easily the best of the night for me. adam was excellent also, he is doing an excellent job "playing the game", coming out with a rock-solid game plan that makes him stand out every week and executing it extremely well. sorta like that guy last year that won, except adam is a better singer. I thought lil was way better than the judges' comments, giraud was good, but not as good as last week for me, gokey was kinda meh, but I still think in many ways he is the one to beat. anoop did a good job again....he is a good singer when songs are in his sweet spot, his voice is just too thin to really belt...but the ballads show him in a lot better light than the beat it/bobby brown schit, IMO.

I think blind dude was actually a little better than the judges comments, and liked him a lot better than last week. but I am still ready for him to be gone. same with corkscrew and roughneck dude. they even ruined corkrey's hotness by dressing her up like the chiquita banana girl. she was simply awful. but if I could only get rid of one this week it would be roughneck dude, he is adding nothing at this point.

Yeah...I know the judges talk about that a good bit, but in the end I don't know if the voters care as much about the whole "artistry" thing as the judges do.

In any case, the performers are enjoyable.

You're probably right: the general populace doesn't give a rat's ass about originality and craft.

that girl allison was awesome last night. easily the best of the night for me. adam was excellent also, he is doing an excellent job "playing the game", coming out with a rock-solid game plan that makes him stand out every week and executing it extremely well. sorta like that guy last year that won, except adam is a better singer. I thought lil was way better than the judges' comments, giraud was good, but not as good as last week for me, gokey was kinda meh, but I still think in many ways he is the one to beat. anoop did a good job again....he is a good singer when songs are in his sweet spot, his voice is just too thin to really belt...but the ballads show him in a lot better light than the beat it/bobby brown schit, IMO.

I think blind dude was actually a little better than the judges comments, and liked him a lot better than last week. but I am still ready for him to be gone. same with corkscrew and roughneck dude. they even ruined corkrey's hotness by dressing her up like the chiquita banana girl. she was simply awful. but if I could only get rid of one this week it would be roughneck dude, he is adding nothing at this point.

Spot on for the most part, and :divingboard: to associating the word "corkscrew" for Megan. I, for one, would enjoy corkscrewwing her.

The only person I know who calls in and votes is my 69 year old mother. Do any of you vote? :wacko:

I must be the only person who liked Adam's Ring of Fire, that was pure art IMO. Last night he proved why he'll win this show.

The blind guy? I want to see some very difficult choreography and have him running all over the stage til he crashes into Paula and knocks kara's top off.

Paula is GONE next year.