[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

yeah, the blind guy has grown tiresome. and people keep talking like blindness is a handicap for a musician, and I really don't think it is at all. if anything it would seem to be an asset. I mean, two of the biggest legends in pop music history -- stevie wonder and ray charles -- are both blind. probably the greatest pianist in the history of recorded music, art tatum, is blind. lots of the great blues guys (blind lemon jefferson, blind willie johnson), rahsaan roland kirk, george shearing. that current italian pop/opera guy. I am certain there are way more blind folks among the ranks of successful musicians than would be indicated by their percentage of the overall population.

Isn't that "Walkin' in Memphis" guy also blind? :wacko:

EDIT: Nope. THinking of Jeff Healey.

Edited by cre8tiff

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, the blind guy has grown tiresome. and people keep talking like blindness is a handicap for a musician, and I really don't think it is at all. if anything it would seem to be an asset. I mean, two of the biggest legends in pop music history -- stevie wonder and ray charles -- are both blind. probably the greatest pianist in the history of recorded music, art tatum, is blind. lots of the great blues guys (blind lemon jefferson, blind willie johnson), rahsaan roland kirk, george shearing. that current italian pop/opera guy. I am certain there are way more blind folks among the ranks of successful musicians than would be indicated by their percentage of the overall population.

Yeah, you'd have to think that being blind does have it's advantages when it comes to performing in front of a crowd. I mean you can't see them and therefore, maybe won't get as nervous.

kris killed. he is absolutely the front runner in my book at this point.

and now a moment of silence as american idol lost two great contestants tonight ...

:wacko::D

and as it pertains to this show, i, too, am an anti-blindite.

Yeah, you'd have to think that being blind does have it's advantages when it comes to performing in front of a crowd. I mean you can't see them and therefore, maybe won't get as nervous.

umm, no I can't imagine that has anything to do with it. I was thinking more along the lines of an incredible dependence on your ear. your comment is just stupid.

Did Meghan come off as really weird tonight? What was that weird bird flap she did when she was told to take a seat for the bottom 3?

She's either A) So flakey nothing will ever really bother her or B ) So flakey she's gonna do a major Brittany someday.

After listening to that "Lady DaDa" (or whatever), it's clear quirky is in, though and with a good producer, I'll bet we hear her on the radio.

Back on the blind dude.

It would hilarious if he had good comments from the judges and then he was booted.

He would never have seen it coming.

:wacko:

Stevie Wonder is one of my favorite artists, and if this wasn't just a website, I'd knock your teeth out, you anti-blindite bassturd !!!!!

:D

Did Meghan come off as really weird tonight? What was that weird bird flap she did when she was told to take a seat for the bottom 3?

If you go back and watch, she does a "chicken dance" in every performance. It's annoying.

I hope she can afford tattoo removal now if she expects any shot with me.

If you go back and watch, she does a "chicken dance" in every performance. It's annoying.

I hope she can afford tattoo removal now if she expects any shot with me.

That had to have been a dying chicken then

*edit*

Wait are you talking about her side to side motion when singing? That's not what I was talking about though, she does a bird flap with her arms stretched out on her way to the seats...

Edited by Flip_Side