[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can I view anywhere tonite's perfomances on the internet? I set the dvr recording, only lasted till 8 and I missed Adam's performace. TIA

when matt giraud finished, there were only three minutes left on the recording, and i thought, man, hopefully they'll squeeze in adam lambert's song before the recording ends ... but, instead, fox went to three minutes of commercials. :wacko: saw a grainy version online, but would've preferred to have seen it on my tv.

when matt giraud finished, there were only three minutes left on the recording, and i thought, man, hopefully they'll squeeze in adam lambert's song before the recording ends ... but, instead, fox went to three minutes of commercials. :wacko: saw a grainy version online, but would've preferred to have seen it on my tv.

+1

Hope the people missing him on their DVR's doesn't hurt his standings.... though i doubt it would.

dude. what adam lambert did tonight was BY FAR the best thing I have ever heard on american idol.

Yep, it was awesome. Tears For Fears is one of the most underrated bands of the 80's. They were awesome.

dude. what adam lambert did tonight was BY FAR the best thing I have ever heard on american idol.

What am I missing here? I think Lambert is awesome (except for sticking his tongue down another dude's throat), but last night's performance was just weird to me.

What am I missing here? I think Lambert is awesome (except for sticking his tongue down another dude's throat), but last night's performance was just weird to me.

I dunno, I just thought it was really well done. it loses just a touch of its lustre for me, now that I am reminded that his arrangement of the song had basically already been done (on the donnie darko soundtrack). in that way it's a lot like david cook's "billie jean" last year, that sounded so awesomely unique and original but really was just a good performance of something chris cornell had already done. but still, adam just delivered that schit last night...guy is just an excellent performer with a real flair for the dramatic that makes him enjoyable to watch each week.

I dunno, I just thought it was really well done. it loses just a touch of its lustre for me, now that I am reminded that his arrangement of the song had basically already been done (on the donnie darko soundtrack). in that way it's a lot like david cook's "billie jean" last year, that sounded so awesomely unique and original but really was just a good performance of something chris cornell had already done. but still, adam just delivered that schit last night...guy is just an excellent performer with a real flair for the dramatic that makes him enjoyable to watch each week.

Thanks for the link, I remembered that version from Donnie Darko (Which they are making a Donnie Darko 2 BTW :D).

I hope he wasn't trying to put one over, I suspect that it is again the producers' fault by not teleprompting Seacrest to say, "X's version of Tears for Fears' Mad World." Same as last year with Cook. :wacko:

gotta set AI up to record at least an extra 5 min on the DVR...

i ususally set up all my DVR stuff to go 15 mins past time just to be safe

and I agree about Lambert's performance...another good word to describe it would be captivating

Uhm, clue to the non-obvious, they are all singing something someone else did.

Adam is a better performer than singer, and I'm not saying that to knock his singing ability. He can definately hit the high notes. I enjoyed last nights performance, but didn't think it was the best vocal demonstration he has put forward. Adam's not my favorite, but I'd be lying if I said I don't go into every week curious to see what he's going to do.

I thought Anoop had a good week, and will hopefully be safe tonight.

Hoping Kris Allen doesn't get forgotten with his forgettable performance last night.

His "Ain't No Sunshine" performance from last week is still my personal favorite of the season, though Adam's last night was an all-around classic. .

I like Kris too. But Dial Idol has him last this week. They've been spot on lately.

"The Hoff" is going home....I really thought Simon was gonna tell him to thank Paula since she said he needed to step out from behind the piano.

Unlike many of you guys I really wish he would have stayed and would have rather seen Anoop sent home

It was time for him to go. I thought the end was really weird. Why would they save him and keep him around. I mean maybe he sticks around for another round or two, but it was obvious he didn't deserve to win. I think it was a plot to not seem heartless about letting the blind guy go.

well, I think they got the right top 7. the ones left deserve to be there. if it were up to me, anoop would maybe be the next to go....but when he picks the right song (like he did this week), the dude can actually really sing. to me, the soft slow falsetto ballad stuff is absolutely his wheelhouse. he got on the show with the bobby brown r&b type stuff, but it is his ballad singing that could actually make him a viable recording artist. the pressure next week is on anoop, lil, and kris, IMO -- maybe matt and allison, too (though if it were up to me, allison would have a free pass to the final 3)

Well, he was the worst singer left and deserved to go home.

Next few gone will be the guy with the mole in the center of his forehead, Anoop if he has a bad week, and if Lil flops again, it'll be her. Lil is the most in need of a big performance as she's been riding one song this whole time. Allison could be gone soon due to a lack of supporters, but I hope she keeps going.

well, I think they got the right top 7. the ones left deserve to be there. if it were up to me, anoop would maybe be the next to go....but when he picks the right song (like he did this week), the dude can actually really sing. to me, the soft slow falsetto ballad stuff is absolutely his wheelhouse. he got on the show with the bobby brown r&b type stuff, but it is his ballad singing that could actually make him a viable recording artist. the pressure next week is on anoop, lil, and kris, IMO -- maybe matt and allison, too (though if it were up to me, allison would have a free pass to the final 3)

I think Allison is who they are holding onto their "save" for...they know she has been in the bottom 3 a couple of times but they also know she has major talent and for some reason america just isnt in her corner....I see the top 5 as

No Particular Order

Top 5

Adam, Gokey, Kris, Allison, Matt

Top 3

Adam Gokey Allison(but wouldnt be surprised to see Matt or Kris)

Top 2

Adam, Gokey

Winner

Adam (not gonna be at all surprised if it is Gokey as he has a likeability and has a wider range of fans than Adam probably does)