[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

I think Adam, Danny, Allison, Matt & Kris would have won many of the previous seasons. Allison is talented enough that she should have an actual shot of winning, but, she doesn't seem to have the fan base. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. I'm still rooting for Matt, but, I have to admit that Adam is the one bringing it each and every week right now.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have this to say about Anoop and call me racist if you will, but who really wants a camel-jockey American Idol?

I'd have been tickled pink to have seen Seacrest say last night - "America voted and Scott and Anoop, you both tied for fewest votes so you're both going home tonight". And then the show end.

Scott can't sing. And Anoop, whether he can sing or not, I have absolutely zero interest in watching him. None.

I think Allison is who they are holding onto their "save" for...they know she has been in the bottom 3 a couple of times but they also know she has major talent and for some reason america just isnt in her corner....I see the top 5 as

No Particular Order

Top 3

Adam Gokey Allison(but wouldnt be surprised to see Matt or Kris)

Top 2

Adam, Allison

Winner

Allison

IMHO

I just have this to say about Anoop and call me racist if you will, but who really wants a camel-jockey American Idol?

I'd have been tickled pink to have seen Seacrest say last night - "America voted and Scott and Anoop, you both tied for fewest votes so you're both going home tonight". And then the show end.

Scott can't sing. And Anoop, whether he can sing or not, I have absolutely zero interest in watching him. None.

racist.

:wacko:

The most entertaining part of the show was how visibly ticked Simon was that he was only getting to judge every other contestant. I don't blame him one bit for being angry. He IS the star of this show and you can tell that the contestants actually care about his opinion more than they do the other judges. As for the contestants, this is a solid group, but, I have to admit that Adam, who isn't my favorite, is starting to distance himself from the rest.

this is Adams contest to lose

Adam

everyone else

and fwiw, I think Randy was WAY wrong on his assessment of the performance by Chris

I didn't think it was that great. :shrug:I thought it was too much of an easy song for him, both to sing & to arrange. Still not a fan, but after seeing him perform the last few weeks it's obvious he is much better than the effort he put forth tonight.

Kris was outstanding IMO, probably one of the better performances I've seen in the whole contest & the best from Kris overall. Randy Jackson was smoking crack during that performance... dog.

Edited by rajncajn

I didn't think it was that great. :wacko:

Kris was outstanding IMO, probably one of the better performances I've seen in the whole contest & the best from Kris overall. Randy Jackson was smoking crack during that performance... dog.

+1

and that lil rounds just has no soul. she needs to learn how to sing a song with feeling vs. wanting to hit notes and act like she's feeling something.

i still say kris is the best and would be hugely bankable in a buble kind of way.

I didn't think it was that great. :D

then you must have been smoking what randy was during adams performance :wacko:

+1

and that lil rounds just has no soul. she needs to learn how to sing a song with feeling vs. wanting to hit notes and act like she's feeling something.

i still say kris is the best and would be hugely bankable in a buble kind of way.

i 100% agree and do think he goes on to have a very good career(winning idol or not)

and I also agree about "little" and imo, her voice isnt as big as she thinks it is either

I loved allison as always.

anoop was really good again, the last couple weeks he's been one of my favorites. he has found his wheelhouse with the breathy ballads. he might have been my favorite of the night.

adam was great vocally, but the whole thing was just way over the top self-indulgent to me. I really kinda hated it, but I fully realize he is the one to beat here.

matt g. wasn't very good, IMO. probably one of the bottom two of the week for me.

kris was lame. his face looked like he was trying with all his might to schit out some emotional connection to the song, but he was just short on fiber.

gokey was alright. pretty much just does his thing every night....it will keep getting him through, but he's going to need to save some freshness for the final few rounds.

lil rounds....man, she had some fantastic moments, and some awful ones. you can see that she has really just lost her confidence almost completely. an excellent singer who seems lost in the show.

if it were up to me, draw straws from lil, kris and matt to see who goes home.

is what I want to see Adam sing,

i was gonna say, i bet he could do a pretty good "welcome to the jungle," although i'm not sure 1) axl would ever allow it, or 2) that fox would, either. "YOU'RE IN THE JUNGLE, BABY, AND YOU'RE GONNA DIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

also, was that katie couric in the audience?

Edited by montster

i was gonna say, i bet he could do a pretty good "welcome to the jungle," although i'm not sure 1) axl would ever allow it, or 2) that fox would, either. "YOU'RE IN THE JUNGLE, BABY, AND YOU'RE GONNA DIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

also, was that katie couric in the audience?

sweet child of mine imo...better yet, have Adam kill Axel, rename the band Guns and Lamberts, rehire Slash and make millions

Edited by Robash

Anoop surprised me again this week. I think the light has finally turned on for him although I don't think he has the talent or the marketability to win. He may make top 5 if he continues or could be cut with a down performance.

Allison I still can't get impressed with, she just doesn't do it for me.

Lil Rounds... If it were my daughter's wedding then I'd want my money back.

Matt G. is in trouble this week, if it weren't for Lil's horrible performance he might be going home.

With Gokey, intentional or not, he's playing on peoples sympathy too much. I believe his emotion is genuine, but it's beginning to not come across that way to me. Put another way, he made my wife cry last night, but it wasn't because of his performance. Eventually he will need to go back to just being an artist & putting together a great performance. Otherwise he doesn't stand a chance to win. I was kinda surprised to see Simon give him a pass last night.

Adam & Kris see above. I think this week Matt G, Allison & Lil Rounds are bottom three with Lil hitting the road. And after her argument with Simon I think she blew any chance at getting a save. Allison is the only one in that group I think they use it on. Top 4 end up Adam, Gokey, Kris & Allison. Lil, goes home tonight, Anoop next, Matt, Allison gets a 1 week save but still goes before Gokey. Kris ends up with a broader fan base & wins over Adam in the final.

Adam, Kris and Allison all have won, IMHO. The three of them will have major contracts and we will hear them on the radio.

My wife described Adam as Axl Rose crossed with Freddie Mercury. :D I still think he will be huge in alternative rock. (It is my hope that we are seeing the return of hard rock to the Top 40, with the popularity of Adam now and Cook last year. About time we pushed some hiphop aside for some axe-work! :wacko:)

Every lady in my house is way into Kris. I think that is why there was such a difference between Randy's critique and Kara's.

I'm not so much buying Allison, but she is tearing it up and women rockers are SO needed. :D

Anoop is totally getting the shaft, but I can imagine he will be huge in the second largest market in the world -- India. He is killing it, but whatever demographic is dialing in ain't buying it.

Lil Rounds needs to go home. She is stubborn and unwilling to listen to advice. And as said above, her voice isn't what SHE thinks it is.

Gokey, I am on the fence about. I think sympathy is playing a role there, and perhaps he is smart to milk it. But I think he is being honest and not playing his wife's death as a factor himself.

And Matt just was plain unlucky to be in this year. Put him in another year, maybe he goes top three.

Edited by cre8tiff

Adam is just getting old to me. It's the same squealing week in and week out. He's very talented but I don't think he'll win. The homo card will hurt him.

It hasn't hurt Whomper yet. He is up for several Huddle Awards each year.