[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Announcing a new forum.

tbimm

Some of the long time Huddlers know about what my GF and I have been going through the last month but since I don't post much in the tailgate many of you don't. On Superbowl Sunday my GF fell ill due to many years of alcohol abuse. In dealing with this I have decided to address my own issues with alcohol. Although this is a very personal issue for me I have decided to share it with the Huddle family.

When everything went down many of my friends here at the Huddle reached out to my GF and I behind the scenes. A few Huddlers were willing to share with me that they are also recovering alcoholics and or addicts. This got me to thinking, we are all here for the same reason, our love of Fantasy football. With that being the case why not start a forum where anyone suffering from the disease of alcoholism and addiction could share their recovery with other Huddlers dealing with the same issues.

I requested and received a password protected forum. Thank You DMD!

This forum will not be restricted to only recovering alcoholics. Anyone here that is suffering from the adverse effects of alcohol abuse or drug addiction whether their own or family and close friends will be welcome to join us. For those of you dealing with a family member's alcoholism or drug addiction you may find that interacting with recovering alcoholics and addicts will help you to better understand the illness with which we suffer.

As I mentioned, this is a password protected forum. You will need to PM me for the password. All I ask is that if you are granted access to this forum please understand the very personal nature of what will be shared in this forum. One of AA's most important features is the anonymity provided through the program. The same goes for this forum! While this is an anonymous message board many of us have become friends and gotten to know each other quite well over the years here. Please respect our privacy. I don't anticipate this being a problem.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and feel free to PM me for the password.

tbimm

Edited by tbimm

Kudos to you for creating a support group with the Huddle. :wacko:

I may suggest that the forum also encompass those dealing with substance abuse as well. We have a dear family friend who is struggling with meth addiction, and doubtless there are others dealing with this form of abuse here as well.

Kudos to you for creating a support group with the Huddle. :wacko:

I may suggest that the forum also encompass those dealing with substance abuse as well. We have a dear family friend who is struggling with meth addiction, and doubtless there are others dealing with this form of abuse here as well.

No doubt! This forum is meant for anyone with addiction issues. Well except for addiction to FF :D .

I wrote and rewrote the above post several times trying to get it right. The final draft omitted drug addiction but that wasn't anything more than an oversight on my part.

Awesome idea :wacko: As a long time Recovering alcoholic it never ceases to amaze me how much strength you can draw from sharing your stories with others who have the same affliction.

:D to you and your GF.

Edited by alchico

I hope nobody minds but I am going to bump this thread as it nears the bottom of the front page. I just don't want anyone who may need it to miss this thread.

^^^

I am still receiving several requests per day for the password. At this point I am going to ask that this thread be pinned. I have to say I am a bit surprised (pleasantly so) at the response this forum has received. Thank You all!

Not sure why this was unpinned but I am going to continue to bump it at least once a week or so. I am still getting requests nearly every day. Most have had the chance to see it but some may not have.