[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA in trouble

dmarc117

I've been to T-Wolves games this year where the official attendance has been 15,000 (stadium seats just under 20,000) and the real attendance is maybe 6,000. Four years back and more the place was jammed to the rafters.

Service is instant at the concessions, on the plus side.

the current state of the country is going to affect ALL SPORTS - NFL, MLB, NHL, NCAA will all be affected, this is not just be an NBA problem

I'll bet you a dollar that MLB and the NFL don't have to take out a loan to shell out cash to half their league's franchises.

I've been to T-Wolves games this year where the official attendance has been 15,000 (stadium seats just under 20,000) and the real attendance is maybe 6,000. Four years back and more the place was jammed to the rafters.

Service is instant at the concessions, on the plus side.

This is a lot like going to a Royals game.

:wacko: But you're not bitter, are you? :D

Not at all.....40 years of history, we were still middle of the road attendance wise in 2008 (for a dismal team in there last year). Just like the Mariners sucking for 5+ years...Seattle fans still go out in droves. Moving a team out of the14th largest market to the 45th was an extra kick in the nuts as a solution to keep them in Seattle was a completely viable option.

All emotions aside, it was a completely idiotic business decision. When these small market franchises start folding up as the NBA delves deeper into 2nd rate sporting quality; I'll be dancing in the streets.

I'll bet you a dollar that MLB and the NFL don't have to take out a loan to shell out cash to half their league's franchises.

ummm - I wouldn't bee too sure about that

NFL Labor Issues

back to the NBA - holy chit did anyone see Wade and LBJ going back and forth last night??? flat-out fantastic basketball - getting me fired up for the playoffs when the best athletes on the planet turn it up a notch.

NFL Labor Issues

back to the NBA - holy chit did anyone see Wade and LBJ going back and forth last night??? flat-out fantastic basketball - getting me fired up for the playoffs when the best athletes on the planet turn it up a notch.

It's nice to see the league's super stars healthy (even though a ton of other guys have gone down to major injuries :wacko: ), and playing to their full potential. There have been times in years past where it was tough to find many quality candidates for the league MVP award... Not this year, as there are at least three guys who are all more than deserving... Besides the obvious fan favorites (Kobe and Lebron), I think Wade definitely deserves some consideration, when you take into account where Miami was last year at this time (being led by Chris Quinn and just trying to stay within 30 on a nightly basis). I'm not saying he will or should win the award, but I think he's made the biggest difference to his team this year.

NFL Labor Issues

Gigantic difference that Rosenberg fails to mention in regards to the labor issue (which has absolutely zero to do with the NBA borrowing money to give to struggling franchises) is that the issue with NFL owners is with each other, not with the players. Yes, they are opting out of the CBA, but there isn't a whole lot of indication that anyone actually wants a cap free system on either side of the issue.

Gigantic difference that Rosenberg fails to mention in regards to the labor issue (which has absolutely zero to do with the NBA borrowing money to give to struggling franchises) is that the issue with NFL owners is with each other, not with the players. Yes, they are opting out of the CBA, but there isn't a whole lot of indication that anyone actually wants a cap free system on either side of the issue.

fine - but at the same time there is a timing-issue. The NBA is facing the brunt of this recession head on - let's how the NFL looks come fall if this economy keeps tanking......

fine - but at the same time there is a timing-issue. The NBA is facing the brunt of this recession head on - let's how the NFL looks come fall if this economy keeps tanking......

Good point. It will be a major struggle to sell season tix to many stadia this year.