[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

craiglist sued for hooks

dmarc117

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090313/us_time/08599188495600

Could Josh Gordon be the answer to the economic misery facing California? Democratic State Assembly member Tom Ammiano thinks so. Ammiano introduced legislation last month that would legalize pot and allow the state to regulate and tax its sale - a move that could mean billions for the cash-strapped state. Pot is, after all, California's biggest cash crop, responsible for $14 billion in annual sales, dwarfing the state's second largest agricultural commodity - milk and cream - which brings in $7.3 billion annually, according to the most recent USDA statistics. The state's tax collectors estimate the bill would bring in about $1.3 billion in much-needed revenue a year, offsetting some of the billions in service cuts and spending reductions outlined in the recently approved state budget.

Back to the point of this thread.

I would think that the scariest hooks in the world would advertise their services on Craig's List. That, and with three young boys, I'm inclined to be in favor of making it harder for them to get a hooker than easier.

Back to the point of this thread.

I would think that the scariest hooks in the world would advertise their services on Craig's List. That, and with three young boys, I'm inclined to be in favor of making it harder for them to get a hooker than easier.

thats the whole point. your kids wouldnt need craigslist. they could go to a brothel where the wimmin were tested and regulated often. if they so chose to use the services of a hired hoochy.

Well, I can certainly understand your perspective. Suffice it to say that legal, taxed, and regulated would be a better situation than the illegal, unregulated turf wars we have now but that doesn't mean that a decision to legalize it wouldn't come without it's own challenges.

Agreed. Plus, whether or not pot is legal (medicinal or otherwise) ought to be a decision every state can make for itself (similar to issues of gambling, prostitution, death penalty, driving age, etc). As it is big government is trying to make too many of our life decisions for us. Plus, the Fed has about Ten Trillion other things that ought to be a higher (pun intended) priority.

Edited by yo mama

Agreed. Plus, whether or not pot is legal (medicinal or otherwise) ought to be for the citizens of every state to determine for themselves. As it is big government is trying to make too many of our life decisions for us. Plus, the Fed have about Ten Trillion other things that ought to be a higher (pun intended) priority.

wurd should be a state issue...

I'm glad somebody brought this up! There is a stretch of blocks in Oakland called "Little Amsterdam". It is very easy to get a growers permit and to get a card that will allow you to buy pot over the counter. There are dozens of shops that sell Josh Gordon, any kind you would want. Past about 8 pm, it becomes an absolute freakshow. People everywhere freaking out on god knows what drug. I was there about three months ago, and saw a guy trying to scare and chase every child that walked by. My 14 year old cousin was approached by 3 or 4 dealers, and the gal in the coffee shop we went to asked him if we wanted anything "special". I was offered pot at least six different times, was told where I could go if I wanted anything harder, and got to witness my first overdose. I could not believe I was in America. This was on a tuesday night!! Imagine how much worse it would be if prostitution was legalized. My cousin would have been approached by how many crackhead whores!? You guys think this is acceptable? Do any of you have children?

I'm with you guys. We should turn our whole country into "Lil Amsterdam". And legalize prostitution too? Usually I am as liberal as it gets, I honestly can't believe I am the only one around here suggesting that maybe legalizing drugs and prostitution just might be a bad idea. Call me crazy, but I would feel a bit more comfortable about bringing a child into this world if there was at least something out there to deter him/her from becoming a drug addict. I also wouldn't want a daughter coming into this world believing prostitution is a way to make an honest living.

thats the whole point. your kids wouldnt need craigslist. they could go to a brothel where the wimmin were tested and regulated often. if they so chose to use the services of a hired hoochy.

Did you just actually suggest we start sending the kids to brothels?

I'm glad somebody brought this up! There is a stretch of blocks in Oakland called "Little Amsterdam". It is very easy to get a growers permit and to get a card that will allow you to buy pot over the counter. There are dozens of shops that sell Josh Gordon, any kind you would want. Past about 8 pm, it becomes an absolute freakshow. People everywhere freaking out on god knows what drug. I was there about three months ago, and saw a guy trying to scare and chase every child that walked by. My 14 year old cousin was approached by 3 or 4 dealers, and the gal in the coffee shop we went to asked him if we wanted anything "special". I was offered pot at least six different times, was told where I could go if I wanted anything harder, and got to witness my first overdose. I could not believe I was in America. This was on a tuesday night!! Imagine how much worse it would be if prostitution was legalized. My cousin would have been approached by how many crackhead whores!? You guys think this is acceptable? Do any of you have children?

I'm with you guys. We should turn our whole country into "Lil Amsterdam". And legalize prostitution too? Usually I am as liberal as it gets, I honestly can't believe I am the only one around here suggesting that maybe legalizing drugs and prostitution just might be a bad idea. Call me crazy, but I would feel a bit more comfortable about bringing a child into this world if there was at least something out there to deter him/her from becoming a drug addict. I also wouldn't want a daughter coming into this world believing prostitution is a way to make an honest living.

I call BS on this fact and your story. I live in California and while not in Oakland it is very controlled and supervised here.

Oh yeah, a simple net search will show you how controlled it is: there are 7 shops in all of Oakland county. Not "dozen" in a section called "Little Amsterdam" - which doesn't exist - there are a half dozen TOTAL.

http://www.oaklandcannabisclubs.com/direct...dex.htm#oakland

You don't like it. We get it. But you've made stuff in order to back up your arguments, and now you're nothing but lying hyperbole.

How much of what you've said in this thread is patently untrue besides this? :wacko:

I'm glad somebody brought this up! There is a stretch of blocks in Oakland called "Little Amsterdam". It is very easy to get a growers permit and to get a card that will allow you to buy pot over the counter. There are dozens of shops that sell Josh Gordon, any kind you would want. Past about 8 pm, it becomes an absolute freakshow. People everywhere freaking out on god knows what drug. I was there about three months ago, and saw a guy trying to scare and chase every child that walked by. My 14 year old cousin was approached by 3 or 4 dealers, and the gal in the coffee shop we went to asked him if we wanted anything "special". I was offered pot at least six different times, was told where I could go if I wanted anything harder, and got to witness my first overdose. I could not believe I was in America. This was on a tuesday night!! Imagine how much worse it would be if prostitution was legalized.

So... this is all a lie, huh?

I call BS on this fact and your story. I live in California and while not in Oakland it is very controlled and supervised here.

Oh yeah, a simple net search will show you how controlled it is: there are 7 shops in all of Oakland county. Not "dozen" in a section called "Little Amsterdam" - which doesn't exist - there are a half dozen TOTAL.

http://www.oaklandcannabisclubs.com/direct...dex.htm#oakland

You don't like it. We get it. But you've made stuff in order to back up your arguments, and now you're nothing but lying hyperbole.

How much of what you've said in this thread is patently untrue besides this? :wacko:

There was a special on TLC or the travel channel or something like that, literally less than 48 hours ago, called Josh Gordon, Inc. Look it up, or TiVo it. I've seen it twice now. It focused on the business aspect of Josh Gordon, in California in particular. The whole part of the city is basically owned by one man, who has renamed the city "Little Amsterdam", a name which he says the place is commonly referred to as. It may have been "New Amsterdam", but I'm pretty sure it was "Little Amsterdam". His goal is to make the entire area profitable from Josh Gordon/hemp sales. He lived in Amsterdam for a long time and it inspired him to do his best to build a culture like that here. You really think I'm making this stuff up? Watch the damn special. At least look it up so you know that such a thing exists, then go ahead and call me a liar and call me out for making stuff up all you want.

I've also spoke about this in length with one of my college buddies from Vallejo, a nearby city in the Bay, who says that he won't even drive through that part of town anymore if his kids are in the car.

When you mentioned the 7 shops, were you referring to head shops? These aren't head shops, they are coffee shops, delis, candy shops, etc. A lot of the goods are made from Josh Gordon/hemp, and they have photo albums filled with samples, so you can literally pick what kinds of pot you want to buy. Throw in $2 for tax and you're off and running. Watch the show. Eye opening stuff.

Call me eccentric, heck, call me irrational if you so desire, but a liar? I don't believe I have earned that reputation.

Edited by Seahawks21

I've also spoke about this in length with one of my college buddies from Vallejo, a nearby city in the Bay, who says that he won't even drive through that part of town anymore if his kids are in the car.

:wacko: Dude's from Vallejo and he feels threatened in Oakland? If you knew anything, you'd know that statement is downright stupid.

I'll repeat what someone else said here: OK, we get it, you're anti-pot. You're more than entitled to have your opinion, but I'd guess you'd get far more respect for just saying that's your opinion and standing by it... rather than making up a bunch of bull.

:wacko: Dude's from Vallejo and he feels threatened in Oakland? If you knew anything, you'd know that statement is downright stupid.

I'll repeat what someone else said here: OK, we get it, you're anti-pot. You're more than entitled to have your opinion, but I'd guess you'd get far more respect for just saying that's your opinion and standing by it... rather than making up a bunch of bull.

FYI there are two distinctly different parts of Vallejo.

I am in no way anti-pot. I can honestly admit that I have smoked more pot than at least 99% of the people here. I have grown more pot than 99% of the people here. I have done more drugs than 99% of the people here (insert punchline). This is how I am so sure that I would not want children coming up in an environment that was even more controlled by drug use than the one we already live in. My addiction to Josh Gordon and alcohol cost me just about everything.

If drugs weren't so popular, I would be a rich man with a wonderful, gorgeous wife and a Harvard education. I'm not naive enough to think this wasn't my fault, but if we tempt the good kids more and more, too many of them will turn out like I did. And you guys all seem to think this is a good thing? I can't put my arms around your reasoning, other than the tax money thing, which to me isn't nearly important of enough of a concern to throw our hands up and let drugs and prostitution run rampant and destroy our cities and youth.

Believe me, there are very very very few people on this site that are more of the opposite of "after school special" than I am. I'm just trying to be the voice of reason and warn some people about what we're up against. Extra tax money for our government is a great thing, but at this price? It just isn't worth it.

FYI there are two distinctly different parts of Vallejo.

I am in no way anti-pot. I can honestly admit that I have smoked more pot than at least 99% of the people here. I have grown more pot than 99% of the people here. I have done more drugs than 99% of the people here (insert punchline). This is how I am so sure that I would not want children coming up in an environment that was even more controlled by drug use than the one we already live in. My addiction to Josh Gordon and alcohol cost me just about everything.

If drugs weren't so popular, I would be a rich man with a wonderful, gorgeous wife and a Harvard education. I'm not naive enough to think this wasn't my fault, but if we tempt the good kids more and more, too many of them will turn out like I did. And you guys all seem to think this is a good thing? I can't put my arms around your reasoning, other than the tax money thing, which to me isn't nearly important of enough of a concern to throw our hands up and let drugs and prostitution run rampant and destroy our cities and youth.

Believe me, there are very very very few people on this site that are more of the opposite of "after school special" than I am. I'm just trying to be the voice of reason and warn some people about what we're up against. Extra tax money for our government is a great thing, but at this price? It just isn't worth it.

See, now that's the kind of response everyone was hoping for from the get-go, rather than a bunch of blanket statements and made-up bullcrap.

For the record, I lived in Vallejo and know plenty about it. I also know plenty about Oakland.

I also know many guys with terrific educations, beautiful wives and plenty of money.... that were total druggies at one point. Just because YOUR story is what it is, doesn't mean EVERYONE'S is exactly like yours.

Again, your opinion and you're entitled to it, but you're going to get clowned if you keep making blanket statements.

I've smoked a metric ton of pot in my time, and I'm doing just fine.

I didn't even have to "quit", I just tapered off when it was no longer as interesting and fun to me.

EDIT: And I watched an episode of that "Josh Gordon Inc" show when they were talking about the ruthless Mexican cartels of Josh Gordon smuggers and how they kill and torture and rape and pillage and kidnap... and like most sensible people, I thought "This is all happening despite the billions we spend trying to fight it... because we have created an illegal market for something that many people want that is less harmful than many legal and pharmaceutical drugs. What a stupid stupid stupid thing our government is doing."

Edited by AtomicCEO

Did you just actually suggest we start sending the kids to brothels?

wow youre bright. i did, just like i suggest letting kids drink alcohol too. :wacko:

let me spell it out for you. you legalize it, you regulate it, you test it, you set up laws and guidelines.

Edited by dmarc117