[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jay Cutler Says....

Shorttynaz

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fishing usually requires some tact & subtlety.

You're about as tactful & subtle as a case of Jack Daniels at an AA meeting...

My buddy Jim Beam tried to make me fall for the ole "Jack Daniels" gag at a meeting....I'm no schmuck I tells ya.

Who in the NFL would you trade for that is a better QB than Cutler that is available? If I trade a young talented QB I want someone a lot better. Who would you him trade for?

Cutler said he understood possibly being traded, what he didn't like was being lied to about it. Like Opie said the thread answers most of these questions.

Cutler is just 1 player on the roster eh? OK trade him. Denver's been looking for someone to replace Elway for 10 years They finally found someone who could be as good, but everyone's replaceable so go ahead.

Trade him.

Ok, so still nothing about what he has done to be considered untradeable.

I am not saying he is not talented but what makes him "Untradeable"?

My point is that very few players are untradeable and Cutler is not one of them. Does he appreciate the way the situation was handled? Maybe not but frankly, who cares?

Pat Bowlen is the owner, McDaniels the HC, they have the right to handle the team in anyway they see fit.

Culter has the right to react anyway he sees fit, his way of reacting is to act like a spoiled child who has his toys taken away, he and a lot of people on these boards needs to get over it. The NFL is first and foremost a business and if someone offered the Broncos an enticing trade involving Culter they would have been dumb to not consider it.

And if they want to keep that cionfidetntial that is their choice. They are not obligated to run to a player and tell him that they are entertaining offers.

Consider yourself enlightened. From another thread:

No doubt passing for 4500+ yds in a season is indicative of a very talented QB. I have never said he is not talented, I am just pointing out that he is tradeable.

And I would NOT have traded him for Cassel but I also don't think he is in a position to react the way that he has reacted to this situation.

No doubt passing for 4500+ yds in a season is indicative of a very talented QB. I have never said he is not talented, I am just pointing out that he is tradeable.

And I would NOT have traded him for Cassel but I also don't think he is in a position to react the way that he has reacted to this situation.

Then I would say the issue is with your definition of untradeable. Virtually every (with an obvious exception :wacko: ) HC & GM in the league would refuse to surrender a QB capable of putting up these kinds of numbers and having his other assets at this point in his career. They don't come along very often, and some teams have been waiting literally for decades for this kind of guy under center. They have him at a very affordable rookie contract and could extend him to 7 - 10 years easily by offering a sizable signing bonus up front (which would factor out to a hugh bargain over the length of the contract).

link

another rumor for ya....

Scott Pioli in Denver – LJ and Cassel for Cutler and Scheffler?

According to an undisclosed source, new General Manager of the Kansas City Chiefs, Scott Pioli, was in Denver, CO yesterday.

Implications abound as to why Pioli would have been in the Mile High City. Was he just stopping by on his way back to Kansas City from the league meetings that took place in Dana Point, CA to say hi to an old colleague of his in Josh McDaniels? Was he just refueling the team’s private jet and had some time to kill with a lunch?

Regardless, Pioli was in Denver for an extended amount of time yesterday. The extended amount of time was enough for him to land at Centennial Airport and venture off the tarmac. The airport is a stones throw away from the Denver Broncos headquarters at Dove Valley in Englewood, CO. Correct information on whether Pioli's plane did indeed land at Centennial are not clear at this time.

Pioli would have definitely had enough time to make a visit with McDaniels if indeed that was his reason for landing in Colorado. There is no doubt that McDaniels, at this point, could use Matt Cassel more than ever. With the ongoing feud between him and current starting quarterback for the Broncos, Jay Cutler, McDaniels should be and probably is, looking for a way to still get the guy he wants, Cassel.

The Chiefs have an unhappy running back in Larry Johnson that would love to get out of Kansas City. The Broncos have an unhappy quarterback in Jay Cutler that would love to get out of Denver. The Chiefs have a quarterback that the Broncos covet and the Broncos have a quarterback that the Chiefs would love to have in the fold. The Broncos also have a very under documented case of an unhappy tight end in Tony Scheffler. The Chiefs are looking for a capable heir to Tony Gonzalez and Scheffler is an athletic, good sized solution to that dilemma.

Again, this is all speculation but the pieces do match-up and McDaniels would still get his guy. The Broncos can’t be on the short end of the stick if they do indeed decide to trade Cutler and the Chiefs-Broncos solution would be a win-win for both sides.

I like the possibilities. As much as I diss Cutler, I'd be thrilled to see him go to KC. A very talented QB throwing to Bowe/Bradley/Gonzo is not a bad alternative.

This could be feasible. I would think if they got Sheffler, then they would work on a trade for Gonzo. They could have 2 pass catching tight ends, but it's more likely that they trade one of them and they would probably get more for Gonzo at this point.

Good old Belichick.

Multiple league sources have said the Patriots weren't happy when McDaniels signed away wide receiver Jabar Gaffney, and they wound up trading Cassel to Kansas City -- a division rival of Denver -- and former New England executive Scott Pioli.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-bear26.article

Good old Belichick.

Multiple league sources have said the Patriots weren't happy when McDaniels signed away wide receiver Jabar Gaffney, and they wound up trading Cassel to Kansas City -- a division rival of Denver -- and former New England executive Scott Pioli.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-bear26.article

Sounds like Cutler and Belicheck would make a beautiful whinny couple!!!