[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jay Cutler Says....

Shorttynaz

In the real world in today's economic environment that crap happens all the time. People get promised their jobs all the time and then end up losing them due to "unexpected events". So management says in early 2009 that they are keeping the offense the same and then have a change of heart and make some changes (what real world company hasn't gone thru a reorg or isn't planning on one in the near future)? Cutler then hears some trade rumors and runs to the media saying he is upset prior to really talking with the new coach. Granted the coach lied (I think Jay has the right to be pissed off there) but when I say intially that was what I was referring to.

- I guess you can make the argument that this isn't real life - but it's how I am assessing the situation.

No it is real life Cutler is in demand so he wants to go elsewhere,

When a CEO changes jobs because he feels lied to do you call him a baby too?

Edited by Randall

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it is real life Cutler is in demand so he wants to go elsewhere,

When a CEO changes jobs because he feels lied to do you call him a baby too?

Except for the fact that he was whining BEFORE he even knew he was lied to.

Except for the fact that he was whining BEFORE he even knew he was lied to.

Really? When? Link please.

I remember him being unhappy when Shanahan was fired but that isn't whining. He was the guys mentor and boss.

He said "We had zero inkling this was going to happen," Cutler said. "I had just met with Mike. I’m disappointed, I’m not happy."

A few weeks later he said he was OK with it. Then he said "I think it's a good thing," he said. "Everyone was shocked and disappointed to see Mike go, but a month removed from it I can kind of see their reasoning." Cutler indicated that Shanahan's message had grown stale: "You're at a place so long, some of the stuff gets repetitive...sometimes it's time to move on." Cutler's production should be just as good, if not better, in Josh McDaniels' up-tempo offense.

LINK

Look he's under contract and like all contract employees can demand a trade. That doesn't mean he'll get one but it happens in business too. He is in demand.

Really? When? Link please.

I remember him being unhappy when Shanahan was fired but that isn't whining. He was the guys mentor and boss.

He said "We had zero inkling this was going to happen," Cutler said. "I had just met with Mike. I’m disappointed, I’m not happy."

A few weeks later he said he was OK with it. Then he said "I think it's a good thing," he said. "Everyone was shocked and disappointed to see Mike go, but a month removed from it I can kind of see their reasoning." Cutler indicated that Shanahan's message had grown stale: "You're at a place so long, some of the stuff gets repetitive...sometimes it's time to move on." Cutler's production should be just as good, if not better, in Josh McDaniels' up-tempo offense.

LINK

Look he's under contract and like all contract employees can demand a trade. That doesn't mean he'll get one but it happens in business too. He is in demand.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/nfl.broncos....r.2.949657.html

"As the news swirled, Cutler told CBS4 Broncos Insider Vic Lombardi he was angry and hurt by the team's effort to trade him, and he had no plans to speak to the Broncos anytime soon. But now that impasse appears to be over. The two sides will meet next week, and any chance of a trade is now off the table."

So he was pissed off at the rumors of the trade - not that he was lied to. He hadn't even met with the coaching staff to discuss the rumors.

Either way, you don't feel he is a whiner and I do. You are not going to change my opinion and I am not going to change yours. I'll leave it at that.

Angry and hurt isn't whining. Like I said his leader, mentor and coach was fired. Later he said he OK with it. In cases like this it takes time to adjust.

You still don't get it.

So he was pissed off at the rumors of the trade - not that he was lied to. He hadn't even met with the coaching staff to discuss the rumors.

He was lied to when the owner said it would be OK and Jermey Bates would be kept and was lied to after the trade talks when McD told him other teams initiated the talks.

Look believe whatever you like but if you want the truth look deeper.

Edited by Randall

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/nfl.broncos....r.2.949657.html

"As the news swirled, Cutler told CBS4 Broncos Insider Vic Lombardi he was angry and hurt by the team's effort to trade him, and he had no plans to speak to the Broncos anytime soon. But now that impasse appears to be over. The two sides will meet next week, and any chance of a trade is now off the table."

Either way, you don't feel he is a whiner and I do. You are not going to change my opinion and I am not going to change yours. I'll leave it at that.

:wacko:

So it doesn't change your mind that you posted this March 3rd excerpt and then a week later McDaniels had his communication with Cutler and told him he's still on the block?

McDaniels has been screwing with Cutler since day 1 of his regime. Cutler clearly doesn't trust him in the least, and rightfully so. How can you tell McDaniels is lying? His lips are moving... This guy has weasel written all over him.

From PFW

Josh McDaniels finds himself in what could become a disastrous situation with Jay Cutler seemingly determined to force a trade out of Denver, but sources say McDaniels made a major misstep in dealing with his players well before the feud with Cutler even began. We hear McDaniels’ decision to cut LS Mike Leach and replace him with former Patriots LS Lonie Paxton did not sit well within the locker room and should not be underestimated as a move that damaged McDaniels’ credibility. Leach, who signed with the Cardinals, had done an outstanding job, by all accounts, over the past seven seasons for the Broncos and had been a good teammate. Word is players viewed the move as unfair and inappropriate, and it led to questions about McDaniels’ leadership ability.

Although some have questioned why the Broncos wouldn’t be determined to make a player with Tony Scheffler’s ability fit into their system, we hear the team is entertaining offers for him. Word is head coach Josh McDaniels doesn’t view Scheffler, a pass-catching tight end, as a good fit for his scheme on offense, which is supposed to feature bulkier, blocking-oriented tight ends. Sources say the team isn’t set on trading Scheffler, but an offer to their liking could be enough to spark a deal.

From PFW

Josh McDaniels finds himself in what could become a disastrous situation with Jay Cutler seemingly determined to force a trade out of Denver, but sources say McDaniels made a major misstep in dealing with his players well before the feud with Cutler even began. We hear McDaniels’ decision to cut LS Mike Leach and replace him with former Patriots LS Lonie Paxton did not sit well within the locker room and should not be underestimated as a move that damaged McDaniels’ credibility. Leach, who signed with the Cardinals, had done an outstanding job, by all accounts, over the past seven seasons for the Broncos and had been a good teammate. Word is players viewed the move as unfair and inappropriate, and it led to questions about McDaniels’ leadership ability.

Although some have questioned why the Broncos wouldn’t be determined to make a player with Tony Scheffler’s ability fit into their system, we hear the team is entertaining offers for him. Word is head coach Josh McDaniels doesn’t view Scheffler, a pass-catching tight end, as a good fit for his scheme on offense, which is supposed to feature bulkier, blocking-oriented tight ends. Sources say the team isn’t set on trading Scheffler, but an offer to their liking could be enough to spark a deal.

The Post-Shannahan era in Denver is starting disastrously.

McDaniels is a joke.

Lots of people here questioned the Leach release when it happened. Very confusing.

McDaniels is a tool.

Just went to the Broncos website and John Elway is pictured prominently there. He's not coming back is he? :wacko:

Just went to the Broncos website and John Elway is pictured prominently there. He's not coming back is he? :wacko:

That makes perfect sense. With this new regime following the past decade under Shanahan, Broncos' fans are going to end up like Cowboys' anmd Raiders' fans - consoling themselves over present failures with memories of past glories.

Jay Cutler to the Jets

Brady Quinn and picks to the Donkies

Browns get a ton of picks and bodies.

Problem solved. Move on.

Define a ton.

The Broncos want as good a QB as they trade away. Word is they are trying to fix this.

And Brett Ratliff is :wacko:

That makes perfect sense. With this new regime following the past decade under Shanahan, Broncos' fans are going to end up like Cowboys' anmd Raiders' fans - consoling themselves over present failures with memories of past glories.

It stings a little at first but you get used to it.

We need a poll as to what you are / were more tired of hearing about:

Cutlers situation or Favres retirement. :wacko:

Watching Denver turn into Dallas is quite enjoyable to me. :D