[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jay Cutler Says....

Shorttynaz

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

Eyebrow-Raising Cutler Report Gets Expunged

Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2009, 8:50 a.m.

On Tuesday, Josina Anderson of FOX31 in Denver posted a lengthy blurb regarding the situation involving the Broncos and quarterback Jay Cutler .

After an extended introductory portion in which Anderson basically claims that she would have been the one to break the news last month of a possible deal that would have brought Matt Cassel to the Broncos and sent Cutler elsewhere if only Anderson’s source had been able to call her (we’ve learned over the years that no one really cares about why a scoop “almost” was obtained), Anderson got to the meat of her story.

And then, at some point between last night and Wednesday morning, the meat was removed.

The text that was removed from Anderson’s story appears below. Several readers have confirmed that this language indeed appeared in the story, and the quote that we’re pasting below was taken from a cut-and-paste of the original story that as of this posting appears on a Jets Insider forum. (It also appears at this Broncos forum.)

The omitted language is newsworthy only because Anderson posted it, and then without explanation removed it. In reprinting the language, we are not suggesting that the assertions Anderson made are accurate. (In fact, Anderson added a disclaimer to that effect in her original story, explaining that ”[t]he following is what was heard by my source in these trade whispers, not what FOX31 cites as definite facts about Cutler.” Presumably, someone with a law degree concluded that this CYA-style language didn’t “C” enough of FOX31’s “A”.)

Here’s the text that has since been erased:

“The source said there are concerns about Cutler’s consumption of alcohol, and ‘that he’s not that sharp.’

“‘That scared the crap out of McDaniels,’ the source said.”

Frankly, we’ve developed a fairly strong opinion that Cutler is “not that sharp,” especially if reports are true that he asked to be traded before the team tried to trade him, which reportedly offended him even though he had reportedly asked to be traded.

Though we know nothing about whether and to what extent Cutler consumes alcohol, any consumption of alcohol by a Type 1 diabetes patient entails potential health risks. So if that portion of the expunged report is accurate, it would bolster our conclusion that he’s “not that sharp.” (Again, we aren’t reporting that he consumes any amount of alcohol — we’re only pointing out that someone else reported it with a disclaimer as to its accuracy, and then erased the report.)

Regardless, the news here is that a source who supposedly was in position to share with Anderson details about the possible trade of Cutler passed along these intriguing tidbits — and that the intriguing tidbits have since disappeared.

Though we know nothing about whether and to what extent Cutler consumes alcohol, any consumption of alcohol by a Type 1 diabetes patient entails potential health risks. So if that portion of the expunged report is accurate, it would bolster our conclusion that he’s “not that sharp.” (Again, we aren’t reporting that he consumes any amount of alcohol — we’re only pointing out that someone else reported it with a disclaimer as to its accuracy, and then erased the report.)

:wacko:

This reports is even more detailed and fact-based than the T.O. article.

Speaking of "not that sharp", Florio is a certified authority on that. And I love the part where the story hit the news line and then was quickly removed.

This is some hard hitting reporting here. Seriously, how do some of these people keep their jobs?

This is awesome! So let me get this straight.........a brand new head coach comes to town and fires coaches on the offensive side of the ball which causes his (allegedly) drunk, stupid, diabetic QB to get upset. The new head coach then tries to trade him but fails. This new head coach now is sort of trying to patch things up but continues to make sure everyone knows he's "the new sheriff in town" and he'll damn well do what he pleases.

Did I miss anything? This has to be the dumbest offseason for any team in history (excluding the Raiders). It's now become nothing but laughable and I can't wait to read the next thread regarding some idiot reporter and their opinions.

At least it's been entertaining.

You forgot Jay bringing his parents into the fold by putting there home on the market. Classy kid :wacko:

Man there are so many great scene's in this one. I can't wait to see how it ends.

Maybe Cutler will run to Canada for a fresh case of Busch Beer? It's just a thought.

201 posts and counting. WOW! :D

Yeah and Cutler isn't even speaking yet.

Now it looks like McDaniels is channeling Parcells only referring to Cutler as "the player". :wacko:

DENVER (CBS4)

Broncos Offseason Acquisitions A New Broncos Head Coach

Cutler Still Plans To Report When Required (3/23/2009)

Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels have finally connected. CBS4 Broncos Insider Vic Lombardi has learned that the quarterback and the head coach have been exchanging text messages. It's not the face-to-face meeting McDaniels would prefer, but it's a start.

Reports had indicated that Cutler and McDaniels might speak by phone Tuesday night. But that conversation had not happened as of early Wednesday afternoon.

During a media session at the NFL meetings on Tuesday, McDaniels said that he wanted to speak with Cutler as soon as possible. He indicated a meeting between just the two of them is what he's really wanted all along.

"I think the one thing I want to do, continually want to do, is meet with the player," McDaniels said. "I want to meet with the player by myself, I want to meet with the player one-on-one. I think that's the best way obviously to fix any kind of issue."

McDaniels continues to insist that he has no intentions of trading Cutler, that he believes their relationship is salvagable.

Connecting by text at least opens the lines of communications, but it seems clear this drama won't go away until they sit down in the same room.

They may have removed some material from the article/blog, but I think a law suit needs to happen. The damage is done, even if FOX did a mea culpa and removed it.

And yeah, most of the reporters here suck :wacko:

:D You want this to drag into next year? I think the Broncos want this to die as quick as possible.

You forgot Jay bringing his parents into the fold by putting there home on the market. Classy kid :D

They put it on the market. :wacko:

Cutler has put his 7,516-square-foot, four-bedroom, seven-bath home in Parker up for sale for $2 million. A listing on real estate Web site REcolorado.com shows the agent as Fuller Sotheby's International Realty.

According to local reports, Cutler's parents have also put up for sale their home in the town of Elizabeth, about two miles from the house he is selling. Theirs is listed at $835,000.

It wouldn't surprise me not one iota if Cutler pursued legal action. Not one iota.

Now you're just making things up. :D

Edited by Randall

They put it on the market. :wacko:

Cutler has put his 7,516-square-foot, four-bedroom, seven-bath home in Parker up for sale for $2 million. A listing on real estate Web site REcolorado.com shows the agent as Fuller Sotheby's International Realty.

According to local reports, Cutler's parents have also put up for sale their home in the town of Elizabeth, about two miles from the house he is selling. Theirs is listed at $835,000.

Now you're just making things up. :D

The fact they put there home up for sale at the same time all this went down is not a coincidence. I'm surprised you don't see that.

And I'm just commenting on Opies post about legal action :D

This is suppose to rile up the Bronco fans...not Packer Backers.

the problem is, we know you're trolling, so it's not very effective. You should create another account to troll us with :D

:D

Never been accused of being a troller...a :wacko: yes. On that note, I'll cease and desist.

For now. :D

*whew*

I was concerned for a moment.

I do like the sound of Prince Jay.

And McD could be King Roland.

He could also be "ex Broncos Head Coach...." :wacko:

How do fans feel about Shanahan and McDaniels now? Just curious.

Can someone please tell me what it is exactly, that Jay Culter has done in the NFL, that has garnered him, in the eye's of some, the status of being untradeable?

I mean really. I am not saying he does not have the potential to be good, maybe even great but thus far in his short career, what has he done that makes a Denver fan say that the Broncos are nuts to even consider the possibility of trading him?

Bowlen is the team owner, McDaniels is the HC, Cutler is just 1 player on the roster, of those 3, I would say that Bowlen & McDaniels have much more right to do whatever they desire than Cutler does.

I'd much much rather have Shanny than McDummy; however, Shanny did have too much "power" and needed to step down as Exec VP.

I still think they should've brough in Shottenheimer as Exec and Russ Grimm as HC. Marty could hire his own GM or have kept Goodmans/Xander, don't care.

You haven't read the thread. Your questions were already answered somewhere.

I disagree, I have read the thread.

And I see nothing about Jay Cutler's NFL career to date, in this thread or otherwise, that would make him "untradeable".

Seriously, what has he done? Enlighten me.

Can someone please tell me what it is exactly, that Jay Culter has done in the NFL, that has garnered him, in the eye's of some, the status of being untradeable?

I mean really. I am not saying he does not have the potential to be good, maybe even great but thus far in his short career, what has he done that makes a Denver fan say that the Broncos are nuts to even consider the possibility of trading him?

Bowlen is the team owner, McDaniels is the HC, Cutler is just 1 player on the roster, of those 3, I would say that Bowlen & McDaniels have much more right to do whatever they desire than Cutler does.

Who in the NFL would you trade for that is a better QB than Cutler that is available? If I trade a young talented QB I want someone a lot better. Who would you him trade for?

Cutler said he understood possibly being traded, what he didn't like was being lied to about it. Like Opie said the thread answers most of these questions.

Cutler is just 1 player on the roster eh? OK trade him. Denver's been looking for someone to replace Elway for 10 years They finally found someone who could be as good, but everyone's replaceable so go ahead.

Trade him.

In addition to what Randall said, Cutler's DEF sucks! SUCKS more than Philip Rivers!

No kidding. I didn't mean to jump in this thread so much but it doesn't seem like the Broncos were far away from a playoff team. I would do what Indy did leave the offense alone and fix the defense.

McDaniels is trying to change the offense and that's fine but I would fix the team weakness not one of its strengths.

Maybe they can fix this.

I disagree, I have read the thread.

And I see nothing about Jay Cutler's NFL career to date, in this thread or otherwise, that would make him "untradeable".

Seriously, what has he done? Enlighten me.

Consider yourself enlightened. From another thread:

Yeah, and Cassel had a 9 game stretch where he put up 7 TDs and 7 INTs. So what?

Cutler already has the 17th most prolific season for a passer in the history of the NFL. The only other QBs who are on the 4500+ yd season list who were younger than Cutler when they accomplished the feat are Marino & Bledsoe. And what Cutler brings to the table that Marino & Bledsoe didn't (and almost all other QBs on the 4500+ list) is the ability to credibly run the ball when necessary. The guy is potentially a dual edged weapon who will amass hugh numbers over the next 12-15 years.

Cutler has also shown that he can win when he has a D that can hold teams to 30 pts or less, plus he's got the attitude of an O lineman on the field. He's got significantly more experience than Cassel despite being in the league less and has shown that he can win with a lot less than Cassel had around him.

If you're dumb enough to judge QBs only by their record as a starter, you'd be wise to bow out of this argument now.