[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jay Cutler Says....

Shorttynaz

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

I'd rather see what Simms and Leftwich could do than bring in a 34 yo QB on the downside of his career who couldn't break 60% completion rate last year.

The comment spoke more to Cutler's value to the system in Carolina than it did Delhommes value in Denver. Again, I mentioned Delhomme because Denver would need a vet QB - but if Cutlers skillset and mindset isn't enough for that Megan Foxy mcMegan Fox POS head coach, then its a big mark against Delhomme.

Edited by Duchess Jack

I can't believe that Delhomme would be on the block. I mean, sure, everybody is on the block if you get down to it, but they just hired a new QB's coach to specifically address the fundamental flaws in Delhommes mechanics that surfaced last year. Doesn't make sense to do this kind of specific hire then move him.

Jay Cutler is being a complete little biatch about the whole thing. Some of the greatest players of all time were involved in trade talks. And while I am sure that some of them acted just like this little biatch I can't recall any in recent memory.... Shutup and play the game Jay..

You believe he's upset about being involved in trade talks?

It's not that he's been repeatedly lied to?

He intially got all upset about the rumored trade talks. He was really being a baby from the get go. I'm not saying management didn't make some mistakes but Jay has got to man up a bit IMO.

He intially got all upset about the rumored trade talks. He was really being a baby from the get go. I'm not saying management didn't make some mistakes but Jay has got to man up a bit IMO.

And management doesn't have to man up? Like he said earlier he understood trade talks(said it's part of business) but lying afterward he didn't. From his point of view it seems he is piffed because they don't have his back. It's like being a temporary employee for the team. He wants to know he is their guy.

Have you worked as a temp and given full time worker responsibilities? To me that is equivalent from all I've seen.

They both need to "man up"

Initially?

Early January 2009: Owner says, "Jay's the man.", "Offense isn't going to change.", Goodmans will remain in charge, You can keep your QB coach...

Then McDaniels was hired. Goodmans fired, QB coach fired, Jay put on trading block. McDaniels said they did NOT try to trade him (lie!). McD said that they will NOT trade Jay. In meeting between Jay, McD and others, Jay is told that McD will trade anyone and do anything to make the team better. Wait, didn't they just tell Jay they weren't going to trade him? Owner tells Jay that if he's an unhappy camper, that Jay should leave.

If your boss did that to you and you had another job opportunity, would you stay where you're not wanted or go make the same money doing the same thing in another place where you had job security and respect and going to work was fun?

You conveniently left out the part where Jay says he wants to be traded because of the QB coach being let go.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — John Elway says he's saddened for both Jay Cutler and the Denver Broncos in their simmering feud that could end in an ugly split.

In his first comments about the quarterback conflict that has enshrouded the new regime of coach Josh McDaniels and general manager Brian Xanders, the Hall of Famer told the Pueblo Chieftain he thinks the entire episode is "sad and unfortunate."

"Obviously, there was a lack of communication somewhere to where it blew this thing up to where it has got to now," Cutler told the newspaper while in Pueblo for a fundraiser Thursday night. "I'm sad for both sides.

"I'm sad for the Broncos because I think that Jay is a great player and he obviously has a lot of potential and this is a great place for a player like him to play. Hopefully, they can get the rift fixed because I don't think that there's any rift that's too solid," Elway said.

"For Jay, there's not a better place to play football and to have a better opportunity to win Super Bowls because you have an owner (Pat Bowlen) who wants to win Super Bowls," Elway said.

"As a quarterback, that's all you can ask for. I understand Jay's feelings got hurt, but it's too bad it has got to where it is. I wish Jay would have got some better advice from whoever he was getting advice from," he said.

Cutler instructed his agent, Bus Cook, on Sunday to ask the Broncos to trade him. McDaniels says he'd rather soothe things over with his quarterback.

He was butt hurt before he was involved in trade talks. The guys a oil and vinegar.

well, according to him, he had a talk with the owner shortly after shanahan was fired. and bowlen said, we're going to keep the offense in tact because you guys were great. now did bowlen specifically promise to keep jeremy bates around? don't know, but it seems that's what cutler read in to it. either way, first clue something weird is up....bowlen hires an offensive head coach. ok. if I'm cutler, I can live with that. not sure what that means for my boy jeremy, but hey, it's a business. then bates is shown the door. but the coach is calling, talking about all the stuff we can make happen...kinda bummed about all the people I am comfortable with being shown the door, but still optimistic here. next thing you know, cutler finds out he's being dangled as trade bait for a scrub d00sh backup nobody. ok, NOW we've got a problem. this is really starting to suck. I thought this guy was going to be excited to work with me, like I was kind of excited to work with him....but it is becoming obvious that while he is telling me one thing, he views me as someone else's sloppy seconds, and someone whose talents he just doesn't have much regard for. so at that point cutler starts whining a bit to the media. maybe he coulda sucked it up a little, but I honestly can't blame him. especially because even then he came into a meeting expecting to let bygones be bygones....only to be told he could still be traded any time, shut the f*ck up and get in line, and so on. at that point he said, you know what, I've got other options here. I honestly can't blame him one bit. especially because it would have been SO EASY for the broncos new brass to smooth this over at several different points in time if that was their inclination. if I am cutler, I am pretty comfortable that THEY chose this path, not me.

If I were Cutler and I saw that the new child-HC didn't have a clue about putting together a team or managing people, I'd want to get the hell out of Dodge also. He's got a long superb career ahead of him. Why stick with a team whose HC is obviously willing to drive the bus over the cliff just to show everyone that HE's the one driving? Get out now while the getting is good and before the trainwreck happens (actually, it's already started).

Cmon. This was in the news WAY BEFORE any of this other chit happened. I give it some merit even if you thin air residents can't buy it.

other than the peter king turd float, what evidence exists that it ever happened? there is absolutely nothing. if it happened, the team would be using it to avert this whole PR disaster. but they're not, because it didn't. simple as that.

other than the peter king turd float, what evidence exists that it ever happened? there is absolutely nothing. if it happened, the team would be using it to avert this whole PR disaster. but they're not, because it didn't. simple as that.

:desperately seeking susan: :wacko: :/desperately seeking susan:

Edited by tazinib1

Initially?

Early January 2009: Owner says, "Jay's the man.", "Offense isn't going to change.", Goodmans will remain in charge, You can keep your QB coach...

Then McDaniels was hired. Goodmans fired, QB coach fired, Jay put on trading block. McDaniels said they did NOT try to trade him (lie!). McD said that they will NOT trade Jay. In meeting between Jay, McD and others, Jay is told that McD will trade anyone and do anything to make the team better. Wait, didn't they just tell Jay they weren't going to trade him? Owner tells Jay that if he's an unhappy camper, that Jay should leave.

If your boss did that to you and you had another job opportunity, would you stay where you're not wanted or go make the same money doing the same thing in another place where you had job security and respect and going to work was fun?

In the real world in today's economic environment that crap happens all the time. People get promised their jobs all the time and then end up losing them due to "unexpected events". So management says in early 2009 that they are keeping the offense the same and then have a change of heart and make some changes (what real world company hasn't gone thru a reorg or isn't planning on one in the near future)? Cutler then hears some trade rumors and runs to the media saying he is upset prior to really talking with the new coach. Granted the coach lied (I think Jay has the right to be pissed off there) but when I say intially that was what I was referring to.

- I guess you can make the argument that this isn't real life - but it's how I am assessing the situation.