[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Natasha Richardson (actress and wife of Liam Neeson)

Savage Beatings

Skiing? I have to say, that even after reading about a tragic accident like this, I would not wear a helmet to go skiing.

I went skiing for spring break when I was 15... All my friends had experiance, but I had never been. I figured I could skateboard so I could ski. They took me down a black... Then I was on a stretcher, followed by an ambulance ride and a nice visit in the hospital. I hit a tree, got up and managed to make it down the slope, although I don't remember the trip down the mountain.

The latest from TMZ...

TMZ has obtained information about Natasha Richardson's ambulance ride in New York to Lenox Hill Hospital -- she was "unconscious," her pupils "non-reactive," her skin was "pale" and she was suffering from "major head trauma."

We're told her husband Liam Neeson held her hand the entire time and caressed her face as he sat in silence.

We're also told when the plane landed in New Jersey, medics on board told members of the ambulance team that Richardson was "brain dead."

According to TMZ, they have pulled the plug.

Natasha Richardson has been taken off life support, according to NYC legendary columnist, Liz Smith.

Smith has extremely close ties to the whole Broadway scene and is certainly in a position to know. Smith says as of 1:30 PM ET today, Natasha was taken off life support.

Huffpost is now reporting she is dead. :D

I fell off the roof and knocked myself out last fall.

Grade 2 concussion, the doc said I could have died. This puts that WAYYY into perspective.

I need to go hug the fam now. :wacko:

Edited by cre8tiff

From TMZ.

Liam Neeson and his family have just released the following statement about the passing of Natasha Richardson:

"Liam Neeson, his sons, and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha. They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time."

Skiing? I have to say, that even after reading about a tragic accident like this, I would not wear a helmet to go skiing.

I havent gone skiing in over 20 years but I never wore a helmet and and probably wouldnt think twice about NOTwearing one were I to go skiing today...but....

Well, it depends what you're doing on the slopes. Going off trail into relatively extreme terrain, you should wear a helmet. On the bunny slope, you don't need a helmet; freak accidents like this do happen, that's all you can really say. For the most part on regular trails, you don't need a helmet.

...to play devils advocate MANY people where helmets when they ride a bike and the speeds you can reach skiing easily can surpass the speeds someone can reach riding a bike...and I know it is snow but that doesnt mean it feels like feathers...same goes for falling on water(water skiing etc)...water can feel like concrete....not saying what is right or wrong just that I guess if we look at it I am a bit surprised that wearing a helmet isnt a more accepted practice...and since I havent been skiing in forever maybe I am wrong and helmets are used by many more than I would expect...

no matter this is still such a sad sad story :wacko:

such a shame, because she, along with her husband, seemed like two of the really cool, classy kind of celebrities that seem so few and far between these days. married 15 years, that alone makes them pretty unique.

+1