[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Our President acting Presidential

cre8tiff

He said reduce. Sorry, that is what I meant. I don't think even the most conservative among us thinks he is stupid enough to get rid of them all together. With regard to renewed dialog with the Russians, I think it is a positive, but nothing extraordinary, or for that matter really beneficial.

Opening a dialog with one of the other two most powerful countries on the planet, one that is also threatened by Islamic extremism and therefore may want to make common cause with us, one that has more influence with Iran than any other, one that still has a hugh nuclear arsenal, this isn't beneficial? :wacko:

I'm glad we've got that cleared up.

Opening a dialog with one of the other two most powerful countries on the planet, one that is also threatened by Islamic extremism and therefore may want to make common cause with us, one that has more influence with Iran than any other, one that still has a hugh nuclear arsenal, this isn't beneficial? :wacko:

I'm glad we've got that cleared up.

The Russians have f'd up their own country so bad, they can really be very little help to anyone else. I seriously doubt any help they can give us in Iran, unless we both start a military build up on it's borders. With Obama trying to lead by example and reducing our arsenal, I doubt the Iranians are very worried.

The Russians have f'd up their own country so bad, they can really be very little help to anyone else. I seriously doubt any help they can give us in Iran, unless we both start a military build up on it's borders. With Obama trying to lead by example and reducing our arsenal, I doubt the Iranians are very worried.

This is precisely the kind of short-sighted attitude that has the Right where they are today. :wacko:

No kidding. And working with other countries to get rid of nukes.

We can do more with smart partnerships than going it alone and demanding other countries join with us.

We don't have all the answers. We can benefit from input from other nations.

I agree 100%. I just don't agree in weakening ourselves in order to appease other countries.

Weakening is very relative given the size of the arsenal. That said, those who think nuclear weapons can be uninvented are living totally in la-la land.

I caught part of a town hall meeting this morning he was giving in Europe to French and German students. He was talking about getting rid of our nuclear weapons, so that we will have the moral authority to talk to Iran and North Korea. He was talking about reducing our carbon footprint, and that we need to do that before we try to get other countries to do so. Basically he was he came across as though he'd sign Kyoto, and hope that after he signed it other countries would join in. I think both of those are very bad ideas, and do nothing but weaken us. He also talked about the need for universal health care. He talked about providing more aid to developing countries. I was not impressed, and was a little bit worried. Hey but the French and German students liked him.

You're right. He should be spending his time keeping those gay folks from threatening the sanctity of marriage. How dare he attempt to work on real world problems. :wacko:

You're right. He should be spending his time keeping those gay folks from threatening the sanctity of marriage. How dare he attempt to work on real world problems. :wacko:

You're off base, I have no problem with civil unions.

You're right. He should be spending his time keeping those gay folks from threatening the sanctity of marriage. How dare he attempt to work on real world problems. :D

Yeah, how dare anyone not see the obamessiah as pure as the wind driven snow! :D

I mean, talking with those French and German students is really doing real work on real... oh. :wacko:

Weakening is very relative given the size of the arsenal. That said, those who think nuclear weapons can be uninvented are living totally in la-la land.

Now we don't go to war over killings or land disputes. It's whether they have nuclear weapons or not.

Why should we reduce nukes?

Mostly because some of them are REALLY freaking old and need to be taken out of service anyway. Reducing the arsenal as a gesture of good faith to the world is a win-win politically.

Mostly because some of them are REALLY freaking old and need to be taken out of service anyway. Reducing the arsenal as a gesture of good faith to the world is a win-win politically.

Ironic how the fascists carp on and on about anything Obama does or even suggests, given that their own demigod Reagan both was the first in modern times to heavily deficit spend AND also heavily reduced nukes through negotiating with the Russians. I guess it was all good then.

It's a new approach to cutting the deficit in half in Obama's first 4 years. There is a very lucrative market for aging nukes in the middle east.

I heard they are in desperate need of air planes because their camels won't drop bombs anymore.

What good is a gun if you are too far away to shoot it?

Exactly. If all countries can get on board with the idea of retiring aging nukes, which are more prone to accidents, that's fine with me. It reduces the chances of accidents and may reduce global tensions without detracting from our overall ability to destroy the world a half-dozen times over. I guess the issue that's more open for discussion is whether to replace the old ones with new ones.

Edited by yo mama

Wow. Barack Obama is amazing. His Presidentialness is like a refreshing springtime rainbow of hope with fluffy bunnies of change sliding down the arch into a shimmering golden pool of globalism.

You forgot the Unicorns, and they ARE NOT happy.....