[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Three Pittsburgh Officers lost in the line of duty

max

I saw this mentioned in the thread with the NY tragedy but figured since the Pittsburgh Police had the official press conference, that I would put the article in it's own thread.

http://postgazette.com/pg/09094/960660-455.stm

My thoughts and prayers are with the 3 fallen officers, their families, and loved ones. I also hope for quick recoveries for the injured officers.

Edited by max

Shot by a gun advocate PO'd because he thought Obama was going to outlaw his guns.

Something is very wrong with people.

I don't get why someone would do this either. Very sad indeed.

Edited by max

Not a fan of cops in most cases, but this just totally blows. I'm glad they got this M F alive.

Things are just getting nuts out there.

I've never owned a gun, but people are just not reacting well to the state of things and I think it's time to think about protecting myself.

Not a fan of cops in most cases, but this just totally blows. I'm glad they got this M F alive.

Things are just getting nuts out there.

I've never owned a gun, but people are just not reacting well to the state of things and I think it's time to think about protecting myself.

Not a fan of cops? Sickening...absolutely sickening. Hope you never need one.

Not a fan of cops? Sickening...absolutely sickening. Hope you never need one.

Fck you dude.

I don't like cops - never have. Why is that sickening exactly? Most people that I know don't.

That said - what happened in Pittsburgh is terrible for sure.

Fck you dude.

I don't like cops - never have. Why is that sickening exactly? Most people that I know don't.

You're expletive wasn't directed at me, but I'll weigh in on your question anyway ...

I'm glad you recognize that what happened in Pittsburgh is terrible. My prayers to the families of the officers -- and to the residents who have to live with the psychological impact of these horrible, senseless murders happening in their midst ...

I feel sorry for you if most people you know "don't like cops." You gotta get out of that environment -- try a place where "most people" don't mind obeying the laws we've agreed to as a society and appreciate the officers who are working to preserve our safety. You'll be amazed by how much hatred and paranoia and lack-of-personal-responsibility goes away when you escape that mentality.

Edited by Donutrun Jellies

You're expletive wasn't directed at me, but I'll weigh in on your question anyway ...

I'm glad you recognize that what happened in Pittsburgh is terrible. My prayers to the families of the officers -- and to the residents who have to live with the psychological impact of these horrible, senseless murders happening in their midst ...

I feel sorry for you if most people you know "don't like cops." You gotta get out of that environment -- try a place where "most people" don't mind obeying the laws we've agreed to as a society and appreciate the officers who are working to preserve our safety. You'll be amazed by how much hatred and paranoia and lack-of-personal-responsibility goes away when you escape that mentality.

I am extremely law abiding which is why cops piss me off. The few times I have interacted with them, they throw their weight around like they're gods. It is my fim belief that the uniforms give police a waaaaay undo sense of importance.

No, I don't like them. I got jumped at a beer tent once. Didn't do a single thing other than get the sh-t beat outta me. Went to the police station to file a report. Desk Sargeant says - "you probably had it coming to you". The one time I think I coulda used some help and I got that.

At the Indy 500 two years ago, at the end of the race we're blocked in by some buses. I ask the policeman if he could ask the bus driver to pull foward a few feet. Rather than consider my request, he asks if I've been drinking and threatens to arrest me. So the F what if I'd had some beers at the race. My request had nothing to do with that. Just throwing his weight around. So I sat for an extra two hours parked in when all he had to do was have the bus pull forward maybe 10 feet - and my wife was driving.

I don't have any "mentality" at all and I'm in a great environment. I mind my own business and obey the law, as do my friends. Just don't like cops. Keep 'em as far from me as possible.

Lets not let this turn into a do you or do you not like cops or Obama is taking my guns thread. Prayers to the officers that lost their lives and and prayers to their families :wacko:

Fck you dude.

Never mind, I can see why you don't like cops. Your attitude explains it all. I am sure you are in line for a few more beat downs. At least I hope so.

Never mind, I can see why you don't like cops. Your attitude explains it all. I am sure you are in line for a few more beat downs. At least I hope so.

Like I said - I think this thing in Pittsburgh completely sucks.

I'll leave it at that.

Not the right thread for me to air my opinions on cops. Sorry.