[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cork It! FFL

twiley

I get the bit about having a big roster. I'm all about that. I just don't get why you'd want to have larger rosters if the league was larger.

related to not being forced to decide to drop a decent player to fill an injury with a lesser player.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

related to not being forced to decide to drop a decent player to fill an injury with a lesser player.

It doesn't matter if you have a player on your roster or you have to pick off the ww, in any league larger than 12 pickings are slim. That being said, a championship in a large league is that much sweeter IMO. You definitely have to work for it.

However, if anything over 12 is a deal breaker for you Mike, I'd rather go with a smaller league than not have you in this one.

It doesn't matter if you have a player on your roster or you have to pick off the ww, in any league larger than 12 pickings are slim. That being said, a championship in a large league is that much sweeter IMO. You definitely have to work for it.

imo the difference is in the drafting, or early fa/ww selection. with a larger roster: 1. we should have more "better" players on our rosters. and 2. as a result there will be fewer decent players on the ww. i see it as more proactive..... ie: if you have tyrone wheatly, you should somehow get your hands on charlie garner (going back to the raiders old rbbc) prior to wheatley's injury.

However, if anything over 12 is a deal breaker for you Mike, I'd rather go with a smaller league than not have you in this one.

i am never going to hold a league hostage. just giving my preferrence and rationale for it.... and an option i'd like if we do 16. but i thank your for the sentiment :wacko:

Not a fan of 16, I'm in one already - draft gets painful towards the end and waiver wire is a mess all season. Just my opinion.

If pressed, I'd say the same.

You know, if we end up with 20 or 24, there's no harm in simply having two leagues that have nothing to do with one another. Just two leagues born from the same thread with two winners.

Just sayin'.

Edited by detlef

Based on the split between 12 and 16 teams, I'm going to throw this out - let me know what you think:

14 teams

Each team plays remaining 13 teams once (weeks 1 - 13)

Top 6 teams make the playoffs based on record and seeded 1-6

with tie-breaker being

1 - head-to-head

2 - record vs the top 6 teams

3 - Pts scored

4 - coin toss

Top 2 teams get Bye for week one of playoffs and awarded 1 bottle of wine each

Week one of playoffs (NFL wk 14) 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5

Week two playoffs (NFL wk 15) Lowest seed winner vs 1 and Highest seed winner vs 2 (Option - Losers of Wk one playoffs?)

Championship (NFL wk 16) Winners of wk 15

Toilet Bowl (NFL wk 16) Losers of wk 16

League won't have to play wk 17

Apportionment of remaining 12 bottles:

Champion - 6 btls

2nd place - 3 btls

3rd place - 2 btls

4th place - 1 btl

1 & 2 seeds - 1 btl each (or do we want to have a bottle go to the other playoff teams that lost in Wk 1?)

Selection from inventory to be determined (i.e. Champ gets to pick all 6 first? followed by 2nd place, etc.)

Let me know what you guys think.

Sorry guys, queue up the 1st alternate. I am about certain that I will be taking this year off from FF. I've got enough time to screw off here a bit right now but it's about to get crazy and there's no way in hell I'll stand a chance this year in a league against anyone but absent minded idiots.

i am going to have to wait a year..... good group. good concept. i just have too much going on right now. hard to imagine squeezing in another draft (will be dropping a few others that i have been in for a while also).

good luck. post the site when things are up and running. i'd like to pop in now and then.

REVISED - Official count for the Cork-It! FFL

1 - nogohawk

2 - Lord Opie

3 - twiley

4 - Dookie Style (replaces bier meister)

5 - bpwallace49

6 - wiegie

7 - Seattle LawDawg

8 - Skippy (replaces detlef)

9 - Kid Cid

10 - Azazello1313

11 - sundaynfl

12 - WashD

13 - Lucky11

14- electricrelish

Time to get this thing going ... see my post above regarding schedule, playoffs, etc.

Every one else still good to go?

hey guys,

this is a league i very much want to participate in, but have difficulty with so many drafts. would you guys be willing to let twiley and i share a team? i believe we have enough time to work out a decent arrangment for what we can offer collectively.

:wacko: Wouldn't that be up to you and twiley?

Mabye I'm ignorant about such protocols -- Are you suppoesd to announce if a team has co-owners? (I've never done that before, so not sure on it)

from my experience, it has been up to the league to decide whom it's members are.