[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama boycotts racism conference

Ursa Majoris

Why should he boycott? If he attended, couldn't he "vote" against those provisions?

Because the whole conference is a ridiculous and ill-disguised attack on the US and the west in general. It should have as much relevance as a Klan meeting.

I assume then that everyone slapping O on the back for this principled stand disagrees with his policy of seeking a seat on the UN human rights council for the same reasons.

Because the whole council is a ridiculous and ill-disguised attack on the US and the west in general. It should have as much relevance as a Klan meeting.

:wacko:

I assume then that everyone slapping O on the back for this principled stand disagrees with his policy of seeking a seat on the UN human rights council for the same reasons.

:wacko:

Not really. The Council is a permanent thing, the conference is a week's worth of hot air only. The conference can change nothing, the Council can only be changed from inside.

This is a good move on Obama's part. By going to it it only helps to legitimize the farce. Which I believe is the point driveby was making with the UN security council, and I'd go as far as to say the UN in general.

ETA: It didn't even hurt to say Obama did something right.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Is it racism to hate old people...just because, ya know, they're old. And smell funny.

The only reason they smell funny is because of all the mold in their houses. Funny old people grow old in moldy houses, and yet lawyers want you to believe it will kill you.

In a conference on intolerance, the first thing this idiot does is spout off intolerance. Why in the hell was he even allowed to address this conference? This is stupidity on a global scale.

In a conference on intolerance, the first thing this idiot does is spout off intolerance. Why in the hell was he even allowed to address this conference? This is stupidity on a global scale.

Why in the hell do we even bother with the UN, as it seems to do nothing but help despots, and use our money and military might, and then complain about them.

Why in the hell do we even bother with the UN, as it seems to do nothing but help despots, and use our money and military might, and then complain about them.

It came in handy in 2002, as I recall. Mind you, that did underline the inability of the UN to grasp reality.