[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lamest excuse ever...

detlef

A few weeks ago, either my wife or I (benefit of the doubt here), lost the charger for our camera battery. I went to Amazon to buy another and was happy to find one relatively cheap. Bought, paid for, confirmation, ready to ship... The whole nine, only the effer never got here. My confirmation that the item was ready to be picked up by the shipper was 4/12. After about 10 days, I contacted the seller to see what was up.

"We're sorry but we're just behind due to holiday orders, you should receive your item within days."

Holiday orders? Did they give their shipping dept. a week of for Easter? I really hope they're not finally getting out from under their Xmas backlog.

Whatever, it finally showed up today but I thought the excuse was outstanding.

Edited by detlef

A few weeks ago, either my wife or I (benefit of the doubt here), lost the charger for our camera battery. I went to Amazon to buy another and was happy to find one relatively cheap. Bought, paid for, confirmation, ready to ship... The whole nine, only the effer never got here. My confirmation that the item was ready to be picked up by the shipper was 4/12. After about 10 days, I contacted the seller to see what was up.

"We're sorry but we're just behind due to holiday orders, you should receive your item within days."

Holiday orders? Did they give their shipping dept. a week of for Easter? I really hope they're not finally getting out from under their Xmas backlog.

They shoulda had a "server" bring it. I'm sure it would have gotten to you much, much quicker.

If the vendor was Adorama, they were closed for the Jewish holidays. They had a message up on their order page saying all orders placed during that time would be shipped out beginning 4/17 with orders qualified for free shipping taking longer.

They also sent an email with tracking information despite the fact that they were closed. I received a follow up email apologizing for the first misleading email and then received my order a few days later.

If the vendor was Adorama, they were closed for the Jewish holidays. They had a message up on their order page saying all orders placed during that time would be shipped out beginning 4/17 with orders qualified for free shipping taking longer.

They also sent an email with tracking information despite the fact that they were closed. I received a follow up email apologizing for the first misleading email and then received my order a few days later.

Well, there you go then. Perhaps that explains it.

I used to do a lot of trade shows with Adorama. It would be a Thurs/Fri/Saturday show with the busiest customer day being Saturday, but their booth was always closed for Shabbas.

Those people are serious about selling, but even more serious about that whole Jewish thing.

yep...and sometimes i wonder if Adorama or B&H are ever open to take orders :wacko: