[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More Favre

CaP'N GRuNGe

If this is true than the Vikes sure screwed themselves on this entire fiasco. They have players saying that they want Favre on the team and now it's back to nothing ever happened? None of this circus act ever had to happen in the first place.

:D Yea, this is all the Vikings fault, that Rachel Nichols had bunch of inaccurate reporting and ESPN went off on another Favray jerkoff session. Good call! :wacko:

I don't understand all the attention and energy that MN was showing Farve. He's a HoF QB at the very end of his career. While there's no draft picks involved, he'll want a lot more money than Jay Cutler. Why didn't they put this energy into Cutler? He's got at least 10 more years in him than Farve.

What attention did they actually pay? Nichols reported Childress flew to Mississippi, yet the facts show that wasn't true.

ESPN SHOWED ALL THE ATTENTION TO FAVRE.

What evidence is there other then a phone call between Childress and Favre that anything else happened?

You sure got bent out of shape with the media and their false reports during the Cutler fiasco, but yet are perfectly willing to ignore all that when it comes to another team.

This is another case of ESPN driven news that really meant nothing and most of it was not true, just so they can fill 60 mins of sportscenter every night.

What attention did they actually pay? Nichols reported Childress flew to Mississippi, yet the facts show that wasn't true.

ESPN SHOWED ALL THE ATTENTION TO FAVRE.

What evidence is there other then a phone call between Childress and Favre that anything else happened?

You sure got bent out of shape with the media and their false reports during the Cutler fiasco, but yet are perfectly willing to ignore all that when it comes to another team.

This is another case of ESPN driven news that really meant nothing and most of it was not true, just so they can fill 60 mins of sportscenter every night.

Not much ever really happens but it gets reported on all over the media. Over and over.

:wacko:

ignore? Try not to jump to conclusions.

I wasn't aware that the reports were false. I didn't follow the story. I was done with the Favre drama last year.

But yet, felt the need to post some criticism about the vikings without knowing any of the facts. Who's jumping to conclusions? :D

Not much ever really happens but it gets reported on all over the media. Over and over.

Yep. It's been said quite a bit lately by many that ESPN is becoming more of a gossip station ala TMZ more and more every day.

Any news reported my Rachel Nichols will be treated by skepticism from me here on out. Last night when the news came out that Childress actually hadn't flown any where contrary to her reports, she tried to back track by saying her info came from the Twin Cities newspapers and that she actually had several other sources tell her he was still in town, but she went with the newspapers accounts. :wacko:

Now this morning still....she was just on sportscenter saying that Yahoo is the only real source to report that there was a phone call, so as far as she knows, there may not have reaaly been any phone call and things could still be in the works. Keep that story alive Rachel!! :D

The newspapers here in the Twin Cities were also reporting as fact that Childress flew down to Mississippi to meet with Favre about possibly playing for the Vikings. Just really shotty reporting by everyone involved (across many media outlets). Someone should seriously be fired for the lack of quality reporting going on with this story.

I agree, but these people are probably in line for a raise because of it. It's not about being accurate, it's about getting ratings. That's all that matters to them.

News even sports news has become entertainment. If they are wrong but it's an entertaining story they don't mind.

I just read this too....round 2....FIGHT!

Now they're saying if the xray passes they will sign Favre to a contract.

Will Favre sign too or can the Vkings do it themselves? :wacko:

What a chain wreck... You learn a lot about a teams lockerroom with non stopped drama, which Favre is bringing to the Vikings regardless if he's retired or not.

At this point I don't think I care anymore... Just do it, or don't, but the false reports and the game that is being played in the media is asinine.

Maybe they'll set a locker up for him in case he decides he wants to play. :wacko:

For awhile I thought he was trying to maneuver the Packers to offer that $20 million again. Who knows.

ESPN did a poll and the top answer was Favre would be best remembered for waffling about retiring (what he did as a QB) came in 2nd. :D

What a chain wreck... You learn a lot about a teams lockerroom with non stopped drama, which Favre is bringing to the Vikings regardless if he's retired or not.

At this point I don't think I care anymore... Just do it, or don't, but the false reports and the game that is being played in the media is asinine.

And honestly, I'm afraid there's a possibility we've been laying too much of this at Brett's feet. Maybe a year later he hates GB and wants to go to Minn to piss them off. Maybe he was just thinking about playing and word got to Minn and they peed themselves. Maybe some vinegar bag from PFT is making a bunch of crap up at his expense. Mind you, if that was the case, I would expect Favre to come out and publicly trash the guy for putting words in his mouth.

Who the hell knows. Who the hell knows to what degree he was even waffling this time. Maybe this was nothing more than everyone figuring they could count on Brett coming back again since he'd been so unable to make up his mind before.

If I had to guess, it would come down to the fact that, regardless of whatever issues he has with the current GB brass, he wanted to be remembered fondly by the fans of the team he was greatest with. As bad as it got this last year, that could still be true, provided he never plays for Minn.

Who knows. Believe it or not, I'd rather like the guy than not.

:D Yea, this is all the Vikings fault, that Rachel Nichols had bunch of inaccurate reporting and ESPN went off on another Favray jerkoff session. Good call! :wacko:

Childress didn't exactly put this story to bed did he? He kept it open ended just as much as Favre did. I can't believe this is all media. Favre is quoted in the media in one way and talks privately to his media buddys in a totally different way.

As bad as it got this last year, that could still be true, provided he never plays for Minn.

Who knows. Believe it or not, I'd rather like the guy than not.

I've been his biggest detracter since he started pulling his non-sense about this time last year. Before that Favre could do no wrong in my eyes. I've always known that once he was actually retired from the Jets and NFL I would calm down and remember him for what he did in Green Bay, but that will absolutely go out the window if he signs on with the Vikings. What I think the best turn out would be is for that offer the Packers laid out for him last year to be reissued, have him sign a one day contract with the packers and retire for good. I don't think it happens though, I think his hatred of Ted Thompson and Favre's pride will get in the way.

Round 2?

ESPN is now saying Xrays of his shoulder were sent to MN for evaluation.

If or when Brett wants to come back they'll be ready(the Vikings). :D

6pm - Local newscast: Brett's response when asked: "the x-rays (if sent) were without my knowledge" :wacko: