[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Credit Card Reform

gbpfan1231

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, that mortgage payment is like $1,800 PER MONTH! A Red Bull is like $2. Big difference.

Nobody says they have to live in that much house, particularly if they can't afford it. My house is a hair over 4000 sf, and my mortgage payment is only $1821 a month. Besides if you cut out the $225 a month for smokes, by a used car with a $200 payment instead of the new one with a $600 payment, quit buying $60 of Red Bull a month, quit dropping $200 a month in bars, and another $500 in restaurants, and cut back the pay per view to either one UFC or one WWE event a month, you can make a pretty big mortgage payment.

Nobody says they have to live in that much house, particularly if they can't afford it. My house is a hair over 4000 sf, and my mortgage payment is only $1821 a month. Besides if you cut out the $225 a month for smokes, by a used car with a $200 payment instead of the new one with a $600 payment, quit buying $60 of Red Bull a month, quit dropping $200 a month in bars, and another $500 in restaurants, and cut back the pay per view to either one UFC or one WWE event a month, you can make a pretty big mortgage payment.

Jeez Perch, next thing you know you'll be telling them to stop spending $2500 for that set of 22"s. You're a hard man there, dude.

Ursa, it's a BILL that has already passed the house and is currently making it's way through the senate. Were it to become law, then it's HAVE to, isn't it? Oh, and look at muck's link about halfway down the page.

The link mentions nothing about mandating Spanish.

From muck's link:

The American Bankers Association, which represents card issuers, has warned lawmakers and the Obama administration against taking punitive action or setting requirements that are too stringent. Doing so, the lobby group says, would limit consumer credit and worsen a credit crunch.

So the ABA's position is that if you are going to require they do business honestly they can't function? :wacko:

Hey if you can't pay your credit card bills then your score will be a reflection. But if enough people can't pay their credit card bills who do you think is going to pay for that? It'll be people who do pay their credit card bills. At least until American Express and Visa need a bailout. So we've got a right-wing JOS going on here bitching about the government telling the credit card companies you guys better shape up because there won't be a bailout because your BS business practices are part of their problem?

You guys remind me of my wife at that special time of the month, just looking for a reason to biitch. Take this whole thread and stuff it up yer a$$ because you sound like idiots.

Happy saturday.

From muck's link:

So the ABA's position is that if you are going to require they do business honestly they can't function? :wacko:

Hey if you can't pay your credit card bills then your score will be a reflection. But if enough people can't pay their credit card bills who do you think is going to pay for that? It'll be people who do pay their credit card bills. At least until American Express and Visa need a bailout. So we've got a right-wing JOS going on here bitching about the government telling the credit card companies you guys better shape up because there won't be a bailout because your BS business practices are part of their problem?

You guys remind me of my wife at that special time of the month, just looking for a reason to biitch. Take this whole thread and stuff it up yer a$$ because you sound like idiots.

Happy saturday.

You are a jack a$$ (Sorry I guess I am just sick of it and that was not called for). Why should the people who pay there credit card bills pay for anyone who can't? I don't care how many people can't. It is the same as the stupid mortgage crunch and letting people get off easier. I pay my mortgage because I bought a house that I could afford and the fact that a penny of my money goes to the piece of crap people too stupid to pay there mortgage pisses me off. Especially if that person spends another penny on something that is not needed.

If a person can't handle there own responsibilities they should be held accountable. Sell the car they have for something cheaper - stop smoking cigarettes - stop drinking sodas, beer or anything more expensive than water - stop getting triple cheeseburgers at mcdonald's - sell your Xbox - sell your IPhone. Stop having kids 6 is enough- these people don't learn because our govt babies them.

If you are OK with the people that do the right thing bailing out everyone else then go ahead and bail them out. I am sick of it.

I had an adjustable rate mortgage and when it came up for a rate adjustment a few months ago it actually went down - I was in the process of investigating refinancing and when I told the mortgage broker it went down she said "huh why did yours go down - you can afford the rate you had - yours should not have gone down" - what the hell is that - hey if you are smart and buy an affordable home you shuld be bale to pay a higher rate than an idiot. Club - can I give her your number since you are willing to bail out the "unfortunate"?

Edited by gbpfan1231

So we've got a right-wing JOS going on here bitching about the government telling the credit card companies you guys better shape up because there won't be a bailout because your BS business practices are part of their problem?

You guys remind me of my wife at that special time of the month, just looking for a reason to biitch.

This is accurate.

Edited by bushwacked

From muck's link:

Happy saturday.

What does JOS stand for?

Why would you assume I am right wing?

What does square footage and your mortage payment have to do with this topic?

What does square footage and your mortage payment have to do with this topic?

Somebody threw out a number as a mortgage payment for a sob story as to why the poor irresponsible guy needs a bailout and protection from the big bad credit card compnaies. and I was pointing out that the number they threw out would buy a much larger house than most would consider a minimum necessity to sustain life.