[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More sports trivia

BS Miscreant

With regard to the integrity of this board's title - *does involve football but only partially

Back in the day when I had way more sports information in my head than a normal human had any business recalling I had a buddy who loved to challenge me with trivia. This is the question he asked me that most frequently pops into my head when sports trivia comes up.

Regular season ending, 1977

What did the rookies of the year for NFL, NBA and MLB(NL) have in common with regard to their names?

AD

Yes and...

NFL - Anthony Dorsett

NBA - Adrian Dantley

MLB (NL) - Andre Dawson

They all had the same initials

Yes.

The Tony Dorsett is what gets most people. But as I have learned, this place ain't most people.

Ya'll get those from memory?

Yes and...

Yes.

The Tony Dorsett is what gets most people. But as I have learned, this place ain't most people.

Ya'll get those from memory?

It came up about 3 weeks ago at work.

Guys were throwing out their favorites

Admittedly no, I did not. Once BJ gave the Dorsett answer, and I knew Dawson was around that time, I got an inkling, but had to look up the NBA ROY and confirm the Dawson answer.

When originally posed the question Dorsett was an easy one, being a Cowboy fan, but I then began to try to come up with other TDs. After he hinted at his actual first name I was off and running. But to be honest, coming up with both Dantley and Dawson were just good guesses because I knew they both started around that time.