[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rankings

Randall

Ergo, Aveion Cason is a better RB than Knowshon Moreno? Yeah, an extreme example, but that is the logic that you are using. Jones is 31 yrs old and his career ypc is right at the Mendoza line of 4.0. He has been opportunistic in taking the reins of a running game when all other competition defaulted, but he is hardly a stud. He was in the top 5 last season in rushing, but has only just barely cracked the top 10 two other times in his career. His career year last year was preceded by a 2007 season that saw his ypc at 3.6 and him scoring 1 rushing TD. In short, his year last year, given the rest of his career, looks like a fluke. Always expect players with history to regress to their mean following a massive (for them) year.

You count on him as your RB2. I'll pass, thanks.

He wouldn't be my first choice as a #2, but considering where DMD has him ranked (if those rankings are a fair reflection of where I could get Jones in a draft filled with Huddlers), I'd be able to draft about 3 WR's, a TE, and a QB (in addition to my RB1) all before having to contemplate whether or not to take somebody like Jones. In other words, I wouldn't take him in the 3rd round as my RB2, but in the 6th, 7th, or 8th round? Heck, yeah. Put it this way... If I had the choice of taking a WR in the 2nd round and Jones in the 7th as my RB2, or taking somebody like Addai, Barber, or Grant in the 2nd and taking a WR in round 7 (assuming I got a combination of a QB, TE, and two more WR's in rounds 3-6 in both scenarios), I think I'd rather take my chances on Jones and pick up the better receiver.

They can also be goalline backs on 1st and 2nd downs.

I spoke up because in projections Greene also has 120 yards and 3 TD's for the year. That's less than 8 yards a game.

Absolutely. I shouldn't have emphasized 3rd down, necessarily. It has more to do with the distance and the type of play... it's the back that gets the ball and is counted on to pick up that one yard, usually running between the tackles when the defense is set up to prevent that exact type of play. Washington isn't really that guy, although he may have been given the ball in that scenario at times, as a change of pace, or to catch the defense off-guard.

Dude...did you just write "Ergo" in a fantasy football message board post? In my 11 years on this site I don't ever recall anyone using that word...

:wacko:

Don't make me bust out "ipso facto" or "quod erat demonstrandum" on your sorry ass.

Edited by Bronco Billy