[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

State of the Lions

DMD

Detroit Lions  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Stafford - Next Matt Ryan or Ryan Leaf?

• Will beome as good as Matt Ryan
    • Will be as bad as Ryan Leaf
    • Jury is out, probably average
  2. 2. Calvin Johnson with a rookie QB

• He just as good - he had ORLOVSKY last year
    • Falling back a bit this year
    • Bust until Stafford gets going next year

State of the Lions

Can the Lions EVER get better? OC SCott Linehan has been very good in the past and now maybe they have a franchise QB. Kevin Smith has a year under his belt and Calvin Johnson may be as talented as any WR in the league.

Can this be the start of something good?????

Or are these still the Detroit Lions?

Since it's basically impossible to get worse, yes, they'll get better. I'm guessing 5-11. And yes this could be the start of something good, but drafting Stafford was a mistake as he's just not that good.

Also "as bad as Ryan Leaf" was a pretty siilly thing to put since it's all but impossible to be THAT bad.......maybe you should have said "as bad as Tavris Jackson" or some such. :wacko:

I'm rooting for the Lions, that city has been through hell. I like the Stafford and Pettigrew picks a lot, but the jury is out on whether their management is competent enough to develop their young talent and complete an actual rebuilding process. I would say 5-11 or 6-10 is about right for this year but more importantly, will they follow it up with 8-8 in 2010 and a playoff berth in 2011, or continue as they have for decades?

Would be nice to see them in a meaningful game on Thanksgiving.

I'm rooting for the Lions, that city has been through hell. I like the Stafford and Pettigrew picks a lot, but the jury is out on whether their management is competent enough to develop their young talent and complete an actual rebuilding process. I would say 5-11 or 6-10 is about right for this year but more importantly, will they follow it up with 8-8 in 2010 and a playoff berth in 2011, or continue as they have for decades?

Would be nice to see them in a meaningful game on Thanksgiving.

Sad to admit but I agree 100%. :wacko: