[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yankees booed at home

Randall

Not good enough. I want a million fair weather Yankee fans who have never experienced losing to experience it all season. I want outrage. I want suffering. I want to see riots, and Steinbrenners head on a stake as Yankee Stadium burns to the ground.

LegFuJohnson:

Because they are clearly the only fans that boo the home team.

you gotta be joke'n... every stadium boos their home team from time to time. smash Heck, Pedro got the crap booed outta him in his last home start ..... when he got rocked by the Orioles. And believe me..... the Mariners fans here in Seattle aren't yell'in "Booooone" lately when Bret steps to the plate. wink

It happens in every stadium.

AtomicCEO:

Not good enough.  I want a million fair weather Yankee fans who have never experienced losing to experience it all season.  I want outrage.  I want suffering.  I want to see riots, and Steinbrenners head on a stake as Yankee Stadium burns to the ground.

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. Here's what will happen if they Yanks continue to struggle:

We're about 10-14 days away from panic mode. If panic mode is reached, Steinbrenner opens up his wallet, shakes and bakes, makes a few big moves, and voila, the Yanks turn it around, make it to the playoffs, and beat the Red Sox, again. The curse is real Atomic, the curse is real. brow

HUGH 1:

We're about 10-14 days away from panic mode. If panic mode is reached, Steinbrenner opens up his wallet, shakes and bakes, makes a few big moves, and voila, the Yanks turn it around, make it to the playoffs, and beat the Red Sox, again. The curse is real Atomic, the curse is real. brow 

As a Viking fan, you should know better than to call someone else's team chokers.

The only reason nobody says the Vikings have a curse is because everyone can see how badly they suck... no hoo doo is required to explain it. lol

Down Goes Frazia:

LegFuJohnson:

you gotta be joke'n... every stadium boos their home team from time to time. smash Heck, Pedro got the crap booed outta him in his last home start ..... when he got rocked by the Orioles. And believe me..... the Mariners fans here in Seattle aren't yell'in "Booooone" lately when Bret steps to the plate. wink

Even though he used no graemlins, that sounded like sarcasm to me. (And I seem to have a hard time detecting that loco )

AtomicCEO:

HUGH 1:

We're about 10-14 days away from panic mode. If panic mode is reached, Steinbrenner opens up his wallet, shakes and bakes, makes a few big moves, and voila, the Yanks turn it around, make it to the playoffs, and beat the Red Sox, again. The curse is real Atomic, the curse is real.    brow

As a Viking fan, you should know better than to call someone else's team chokers.

The only reason nobody says the Vikings have a curse is because everyone can see how badly they suck... no hoo doo is required to explain it. lol

lol jester lol

AtomicCEO:

Apples and oranges.

Red Sox: No Championships in 86 years.

Vikings: No Championships in 43 years.

In case the math is too difficult for you, 43 is exactly 1/2 of 86. So, at best we suck half as much as you.

Here's a website for ya Connecticut boy: Good reading

Big John:

Down Goes Frazia:

LegFuJohnson:

Even though he used no graemlins, that sounded like sarcasm to me. (And I seem to have a hard time detecting that loco ) doah ..... my bad LegFu...... I shoulda quoted it to Randall's post. lol

HUGH 1:

Red Sox: No Championships in 86 years.

Vikings: No Championships in 43 years.

In case the math is too difficult for you, 43 is exactly 1/2 of 86. So, at best we suck half as much as you.

I guess that depends on how you do the math...

Red Sox: 5 Championships

Vikings: 0 Championships

I'd give you a factor by which the Vikings suck more, but I keep getting a "divide by zero" error...

AtomicCEO:

I guess that depends on how you do the math...

Franchise Winning Percentage:

Minnesota: 354 Wins, 282 losses, .556 Winning %

Boston: 8166 Wins, 7752 losses, .513 Winning %

Yes, I do have a lot of free time and some basic Excel knowledge. brow

LegFuJohnson:

randall:

Nice fans. Red Sox 7-1 record over them so far this year.  cool_thu   

And its 6-1. I'm sorry.

:D

The Yankees' roster is the oldest and the most expensive in the majors. The Yankees are also the worst-fielding team and have serious questions in their starting rotation. But at least they are outhitting the Montreal Expos.

Positives are hard to find around these Yankees, who are 8-11 and were swept by the Boston Red Sox at Yankee Stadium over the weekend. In their next three games, the Yankees face the ace pitchers Tim Hudson, Mark Mulder and Barry Zito of the Oakland Athletics. That would seem an unlikely tonic for a team with a .217 batting average and a determinedly passive approach at the plate.

But for all the negativity around them, the Yankees are taking an unusual stance, for them. They have decided not to panic.

"Nobody's making any quick decisions on it after 19 games," General Manager Brian Cashman said yesterday. "We just have to weather the storm; that's that. When you play bad, everybody starts looking for a reason, and that is a dangerous area. Sometimes there is no reason. Sometimes it just happens."

George Steinbrenner, the principal owner, is restless in Tampa, Fla., but even he has remained calm in public. He issued a brief statement yesterday, calling on Joe Torre and Cashman to settle the team, sparing them the usual ominous overtones.

"I have a great manager in Joe Torre and general manager in Brian Cashman, and I have confidence in both of them," Steinbrenner said. "It's in their hands."

Cashman said he was putting his faith in the players' past performance and Steinbrenner was doing the same with him and Torre.

"I think he believes things will work out, because that's what our track records say," he said. "Joe and I have done quite well at getting the job accomplished. He believes we'll get it done, and we do, too."

Cashman stressed that he was not pursuing any trades, although he was also outwardly confident that the Yankees' farm system had the prospects to make a major deal. But if a team wants inexpensive, major-league-ready players, the Yankees are not a match.

Their monstrous payroll is tied up largely in aging players signed to long-term deals. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the average age of the Yankees on the 25-man roster and the disabled list is 32 years 126 days, the oldest in the majors.

"The Yankees don't have much to deal anymore," said one scout who has watched several of their games so far. "Who can you deal off the Yankees?"

The team's last major trade is starting to pay off. Since going without a hit in his first 16 at-bats against the Red Sox two weekends ago, Alex Rodriguez is 12 for 25 (.480) and has continued to play strong defense at third.

But the rest of the defense has been atrocious. The Yankees have made 19 errors in 19 games, and their .974 fielding percentage ranked last in the majors through Sunday.

"The big difference, for me, is the Yankees do not play defense like the Yankees this year," the scout said, before referring to outfielders Bernie Williams and Kenny Lofton. "Alex Rodriguez has played great, but Bernie is slowing down in center field and Lofton is worse than Bernie. There are balls that are not being caught, and not being thrown well, either."

Cashman said before the season that the Yankees could have problems defensively, and his fears were legitimate.

"We're not going to be the best defensive team in the league, bottom line," he said yesterday. "We're not going to be the fastest team in the league. Those two areas, we will do our best to shore up. But sometimes you are what you are, and you have to recognize that. But our positives far outweigh the negatives."

Cashman pointed to the pitching of starters Kevin Brown and Javier Vazquez and relievers Paul Quantrill, Tom Gordon and Mariano Rivera, who have combined for a 2.27 earned run average.

But the other pitchers have a combined 7.43 E.R.A., and that group includes starters Mike Mussina and José Contreras. Mussina's velocity has been markedly lower this season, and Contreras (0-2, 10.64) has been a disaster.